• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Amazon.com spying on us?

Sinbad

Premium Account
As a lover of Technology one of the first things I recently purchased was the New Amazon Echo.

Naturally as usual Ireland is always the last country to ever get this tech and I had to use a UK postal address to get it over here and even then all the features are not available in Ireland.

With all that said it is a fantastic piece of equipment that works well once the damn thing understands the Irish accent!

One thing I did not know was that it records your voice and conversations all the TIME! It also sends this information back to Amazon.

Where are we going with all this technology?

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. all work on a business model of spying on their customers and then selling on the collected data on you to other corporations. It's called "data mining." Facebook is building a massive new spy center (oh sorry, data mining center) in Blanchardstown. It will be beyond the wildest dreams of the Stasi or the KGB - but our Irish gombeens are over the moon to have attracted Facebook to Ireland to set it up here.

maxflinn

Legend
Donator
Pentazon?

[LIST]
[*]A defense policy bill includes a provision that would allow the Pentagon to buy off-the-shelf goods from online merchants such as Amazon to save money.
[*]The bill, part of a wide-ranging measure that also authorizes $700 billion in national defense spending, could be voted on Tuesday by the House.
[/LIST]
Bill encourages Pentagon to use online sellers such as Amazon for ordinary goods