1. Welcome to Political Irish. Guests may post but all posts are restricted to approval. Why not open a free account and join our other members and post without restriction. Click Here to sign up!

American Culture- what’s going on?

Discussion in 'Political Chat' started by Ire-land, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Ire-land

Ire-land Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

I was looking for a place to post this video, and nowhere really made sense, so I figured I’d start a thread.

American culture is something that interests me a fair bit as I have a lot of ties to the place. I also think it’s a great influencer of western culture in general, which isn’t such a good thing these days.

I hope this thread doesn’t turn into a slanging match about how terrible the place is, more that it might me a place to analyze or talk about what’s happening.

Anyway, I came across this video after listening to a few interviews with Ben Shapiro, and wanted to post it. I just don’t know how this kind of thing has become acceptable, or in the case of America, encouraged and promoted. There are a lot of worrying developments in America, with the gender carry on, the safe spaces, trigger warnings, and god knows what else on college campuses.

But what they’re doing to their children seems to me a case for international intervention, and I don’t say that lightly.

2. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

I'd say from the end of WW1 to the 1970s, US popular culture was by far the most dynamic on earth. But it was starting to show very definite signs of decline by the 1960s and pretty much came to a full stop after the end of Bretton Woods in 1971 and the first oil shock in 1973. Ever since then, US culture has been simply cannibalizing the left overs of that extraordinary half century.

Ire-land likes this.
  3. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

I have only so much tears to shed, and I will shed them for my ain wee Celtic countries and to a certain extent England. I cannot emotionally afford to be concerned about the USA outside of how it effects my kith and kin. I know this sounds brutal and in a way it is, however in my experience those who claim to love everyone love no one.

4. parentheses

parentheses Member Political Irish

Munchausens syndrome by proxy.

Seems to be a particular flaw of some women. They will do literally anything for attention.

5. Heraclitus

Heraclitus Member Political Irish

Modern mass media brings these extreme cases to the fore. It gives us an exaggerated impression of certain events/trends.

"The narrative fallacy addresses our limited ability to look at sequences of facts without weaving an explanation into them, or, equivalently, forcing a logical link, an arrow of relationship upon them. Explanations bind facts together. They make them all the more easily remembered; they help them make more sense. Where this propensity can go wrong is when it increases our impression of understanding."
    —Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Black Swan

Think about it. On a planet of over 6 billion people, you can find more extreme examples than you can shake a stick at to justify any narrative. With the aid of a Google search, you can find whatever suits your agenda.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    roc_ and Myles O'Reilly like this.
  6. Generation Snowflake

Generation Snowflake Member Political Irish

I might write something better on this later, but Shapiro actually got to the general root of the issue in the video.

The mother is a sick mess, and is fucking up the child because she's a sick mess. Its child abuse and she is fucked in the head. A severe public shaming will sort this crazy bitch out.
    Their are no taboos or stigma attached to her being a sick mess, and society is not putting her in her place like it would have in older times Cucking stool - Wikipedia.

Worse she is finding validation and promotion online through virtual media. And of course the general media is probably also promoting this crazy cunt.

In a normal society she would not look like she does and there would be a father beside her, and the boy would be a boy. Progress has given us a pick and mix moral system. She FEELS its the right thing to do, and women like men need structure in their lives, otherwise they can end up like that crazy bitch.

7. Heraclitus

IMO, the undermining of freedom of speech and association are the main causes for concern.

Transexuals and other eccentrics are just outliers that occur in any distribution.

8. Generation Snowflake

Im not sure what you mean, but as a general, I think if you undermine core concepts/norms that western civilisation spawned from, things will fall apart like we see now.
    I dont think freedom of speech will do anything to stop this.

Ire-land likes this.
  9. OP
    Ire-land

Yeah, that’s all pretty basic stuff tbf. I figured the op might explain that this thread would be trying to avoid agendas.

Tragically, this particular case is no outlier, there’s a considerable push in America to give young children the right to choose their gender, give them hormone treatments, provide bathrooms in schools for transgendered children, etc. California has even passed a law to make it illegal to 'mispronoun' people, that comes with fines, and up to a year in jail. Similar laws are being passed in Canada too, interestingly enough.

I suppose adults can choose to do whatever they want, regardless of how unhealthy it might be, but when it becomes socially and legally acceptable to do these sorts of things to children, that's a whole different matter.

Generation Snowflake likes this.
  10. OP
    Ire-land

I think Shapiro is spot on too. The sexualisation of the child, that's inevitably linked with getting them to choose their gender at such a young age, is one of the worst aspects of these cases. But this one is particularly disturbing, I think.

11. Heraclitus

I agree.

Ire-land likes this.
  12. Heraclitus

I think these "culture wars" are fought on the fringes of society.
    Most people just go on as normal, but modern media makes all of this seem more all encompassing than it actually is.

13. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Alot of it was these New Left philosopher types who went into exile after the Nazis came to power and started synthesising in American universities their ideology that entailed family was intrinsically fascist. This kind of stuff enters academia and is disseminated through the institutions and becomes normalised -- at least within metropolitan America.

These New Left types criticised -- to their immense credit btw -- mass consumerism and the like. But this didn't stop the more toxic part of their ideology from detaching itself and intertwining itself with the very trash culture they despised. The sexualisation of children is just an advanced stage in this process, process that has become bored and thus tries to yet breach new barriers of excess.

The transgender stuff is particularly bizarre though. It's cultish in the sense that it makes pseudoreligious claims about having a woman;s "soul" trapped in a man's body and the institutions abide by these claims and grant access to chemicals and even surgeries that they assert result in men transforming into women. Medical institutions should not be flattering the fantasies of mentally disturbed people and even performing disfiguring surgeries on the basis of it. It throws the confidence one has in the medical institutions into serious doubt if it can abandon itself to such lunacy without flinching. That children are being used as a 'plaything' for such ideologies is unbelievably evil.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  14. OP
    Ire-land

Transgenderism is already gaining traction in Ireland, I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing cases of children being encouraged, or if we will at all. Or maybe America is just going nuts, and is the outlier itself.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  15. OP
    Ire-land

The American military even foots the medical bills for these 'transitions' when it’s soldiers wanting them. That Manning character I believe is getting his/her/it's change paid for by the American taxpayer.

Lunacy doesn’t do it justice.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  16. Generation Snowflake

I get what your saying,
    But we are not talking about 6 billion. As our example, Ireland's primary influences are from the english speaking world. Movies/Music etc... is mainly coming from america, and everyone is feeding that information into them through their phones. A lot of us on here are from a time when such access wasn't there until we were already adults. I think the effects of this is much more dramatic on the younger generations. That coupled with the high rates of single parent households in this country, kids are being raised on youtube and other such sources of information.

Tadhg Gaelach and Ire-land like this.
  17. OP
    Ire-land

You can even hear that influence in the accents of young people in Ireland today, they’re becoming indiscernible from American accents, especially in Dublin.

18. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh Member

I attribute the decline to a few things: the promotion of low culture into high culture, the influence of the Frankfurt School and Cultural Marxists' increasingly successful campaign to demonize Christianity, the West and whites and the homosexualists' use of the media as a Trojan Horse to further their agenda and marginalize and cow non-conformists. American TV is rife with examples of white male father figures who are lampooned as fat oafs and dullards, whereas homosexual and transvestite men are glowingly portrayed as witty, impeccably dressed and physically fit. It certainly doesn't help that Hollywood is full of amoral deviants, homosexual and otherwise.

What's transpiring in California is nothing short of Orwellian. Hell, I live in a town full of rednecks (myself included), and even here transsexuals (and ugly ones at that) live among us. God help us!

TheLoneHurler, Ire-land and mulligan like this.
  19. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Exactly, there is about 150,oooooo useless people in this country now just taking up space. I would cure this one by cutting off her welfare.

20. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Have you ever read this book

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: None Dare Call It Treason: 25 Years Later

I had 2 copies and I foolishly gave one away. They are expensive. $55 and up, getting to be a collectors item

The 1964 first book is in paperback at about 12 dollars used

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: None Dare Call It Treason

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh likes this.