1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

An elderly Nationalist.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Old School Nationalist, Jan 11, 2018.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Old School Nationalist

Old School Nationalist Member Political Irish

I want to say hello to everyone. I am a retired man who would be a pariah to some. When Brexit happened, young people arbitrarily decided that the elderly didn't matter. They don't realise that they are the future, but they are not. The past is the future too. The young stand on our shoulders which is how it should be. When they become entitled brats, that's something else. I grew up in the old Ireland that was archaic, poor but good. I have two grandchildren who study law. One of which is a member of the National Party. Did I work to better myself? No, I worked to better the future of Ireland. I had no rights groups to support me growing up. I only had strength of mind and a sense of nationhood. I would only bend my knee to Our Lady.

2. Irish Warrior

Irish Warrior Member Political Irish Donator

Welcome to the site.
    I have great respect for most of the previous generations and we have a lot to learn from them. They're not alive this long by being stupid like today's brats.
    Unfortunately they take for granted the freedoms that the older generations died for and are giving them away freely.

3. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Political Irish Donator

Whatever about this National Party caper you seem a decent Schkin - welcome.

Tadhg Gaelach and Irish Warrior like this.
  4. PlantationWatch

PlantationWatch New Political Irish

Here are two simple Facts

1 ) There was NO Exit Poll in the Brexit Referendum , it is not possible to know what ages voted for or against
    2) EU laws impact people of all ages , there are no EU laws which state .. "oh by the way this law only applies to people of a certain age "

finally , UNESCO figures show that most foreign students studying inside the EU actually come from outside the EU , this means that a britain outside the EU would actually result in even more british students studying inside the EU .. which rubbishes the remoaners claim you hear .. "bla bla elderly people shut off so many doors for young people" , I would encourage everyone to take a look at the UNESCO stats for yourself and share them with remoaners

Tadhg Gaelach and Dublin 4 like this.
  5. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member Political Irish

welcome mo chara, there are a lot of very decent skins here but we can go over the top sometimes when we are sparring with each other, dont be too offended, we tend to kiss and make up after a day or two. we are up against it at the moment on all fronts - political/media/social but we are doing our best and are learning from each other. without being nosey, are u living in rural area and do you feel safe in ur own home?

6. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish Donator

You are very welcome Old School.

7. Dublin 4

Exactly & the Polls were wrong anyway...

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  8. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator

Fáilte isteach a chara. When would you say it all went wrong for Ireland? I mean did you notice a particular time when the likes of Fianna Fáil were changing from old time IRA men who loved their country to rootless blackguards who only cared about shafting the Irish people and getting rich quick themselves. You only have to look at the criminal scum who mis-rule us now. They want to replace the Irish people with low wage migrant coolies, who will work to the bone for minimum wage and spew out more mulatto children to do the same. This is today's FF \ FG \ Labour \ Sinn Féin ideal - the end of the Irish nation and our replacement with a race of mulatto slaves.

9. OP
    Old School Nationalist

Hello Taghg, thanks for the reply. It's only my opinion, but I reckon that the PIRA were heavily infiltrated at the top by MI5. I'm not the only one who thinks that. There are many reasons why things have gone so badly. It's like one of those connect the dot pictures in coloring books. Neo-Liberalism has played a terrible role in society, but we could go back to Adam Smith; it's all the same. I'm very suspicious at the timing and urgency of the peace process. It coincided more or less with Clinton's Gramm Leach Bliley Act. The chains were now off the banking system and the housing boom followed. It was global. Houses need mortgages and the borders opened up.

Back to the point. When did FF turn? You just look to history. When Catholicism recedes, other ideologies come forward. I'm not even talking about Islam in Europe. I'm talking about politicians who have no moral grounding and no principles. Without real grounding, what do they have to talk about? Money! The notion of nationhood is displaced by a lust for power and money. Tony Blair is a prime example. Destroying the UK got him a job as peace ambassador. He's onto the big time. Mary Robinson was another globalist grand stander.

Who knows really when FF changed. Bertie Ahern was there when Albert Reynolds resigned. There are always snakes in the lower levels waiting for their chance. Another example of that would be Merkel who just happened to benefit from a scandal caused by a leaked document on CDU funding. Kohl her mentor was ousted. Leaks tend to happen at the right time.

I would go back to the last decent leader of FF. Decent by today's standards anyway. That would be Albert Reynolds. Jack Lynch was a very fine man and a great man for the development of Ireland. Now, both parties have had traitors, but as traitors to Ireland, Cosgrave would be in the top ten regarding politicians.

10. OP
    Old School Nationalist

Where does your username come from? Are you trying to stop the plantation of Ulster from happening again?

11. Antóin Mac Comháin

Antóin Mac Comháin Respected Member Political Irish

''2015 - September - 08: A Commission of Investigation into the shooting dead of Republican Rónán MacLochlainn by Gardaí during the course of an attempted IRA robbery in 1998, heard that garda vehicles left the scene in the immediate aftermath of the incident.

The Commission was told that members of the Garda National Surveillance Unit (NSU) left the scene at an early stage following the shooting, removing their 4x4 vehicles, and possibly disturbing aspects of the crime scene.

The Commission was told that the NSU were not known to the public and at the time, their job was to keep targets under surveillance.

The commission was told by Senior Counsel for the Gardaí Michael Durack that although the NSU was involved in the surveillance of dissident republicans, it had no intelligence as to what the men they were following were planning on the day in question.

At this time, the vast majority of their work involved targeting subversive units in the north and south.

Giving evidence, former Assistant Commissioner Dermot Jennings outlined the job of the NSU.

Jennings said the national unit was established in 1992. The unit was kept separate from the rest of the force due to security reasons.''

Google is your friend. That will tell you who the Minster for Justice was in 1992, when the NSU were carrying out surveillance on Republicans, north and south. It's preposterous to suggest that they weren't working side-by-side with the British Intelligence Services. Where was the surveillance in May 1994? That's what I would love to know..

12. OP
    Old School Nationalist

Here's the thing. Just like any politician, they act on the information that they are given. The givers of information are the ones in power. Don't you think?

FUN da MENTALIST likes this.
  13. OP
    Old School Nationalist

So, in your mind what is wrong with the NP? In my mind, they're only what FF promised to be. It's not really controversial. That stuff was never controversial when I grew up. It was the norm. A nation can make a mistake, but it can only correct that mistake by going back to a wrong turn and then figuring things out. You have to go to the past to figure out where you went wrong. You cannot continue down a wrong turn hoping things will get better. Justin Barret is me incarnate, with a younger face. Nationalists are not skinheads. Some of them are the future of Ireland and they live within the law. My Grandchildren are old school Nationalists, not skinhead idiots. Let the debate begin!

14. Dublin 4

I chose my words extremely, extremely carefully & don't take any guff.

If I say right you won't need clarification, if I say wrong you won't need clarification.

If I say neither, then that means I haven't said neither right nor wrong & you have to work it out for yourself.

If a Boy needs to have something worked out for him- then a Boy needs to stay quiet + research through the myriads of Threads on this Forum & beyond....

15. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member Political Irish

ur being scolded old school!!

16. Dublin 4

As Sean Quinn said to Vincent Browne - "are you asking me the question or are you giving me the answer?"

17. OP
    Old School Nationalist

The thing about people my age is this. I don't really care what I say. I'm in my seventies. Yeah imprison me for a crime that is merely opinion. My legacy lives on regardless of what I say. Call me a criminal for my views, I'd probably get better healthcare in prison than Bupa provides. I'm just glad that I didn't have to commit a real crime in order to get treated better than the common Irish man.

Macushla likes this.
  18. Dublin 4

Any chance you could post about more than what you allege to be yourself?

Me, me, me [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. OP
    Old School Nationalist

I only joined this forum for discourse. What do you want to talk about?

maxflinn likes this.
  20. OP
    Old School Nationalist

D4, we reap what you sew.

FUN da MENTALIST likes this.
Not open for further replies.