1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

An elderly Nationalist.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Old School Nationalist, Jan 11, 2018.

Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Respected Member Political Irish Donator

You're right there, some people think computers are Internet Browsers, knowing how to work a computer equates to knowing how to navigate around the web.
    Those of us who have been working with computers longer know how computers work as you had to know back then. And we know that underneath the thin outer layer of computers today that they still work the exact same way now as they did back then.

I was reminded of recently how long Ive been working with computers when on a recent visit to Computer Museum in Bletchley I saw the exact computer I worked on in my first job, an ICL 2966 Mainframe..
    Seeing what was the latest state of the art hardware from my early career in a museum brought home to me how long Ive been working in the business.

2. OP
    Old School Nationalist

Old School Nationalist Member Political Irish

I'm not that into computers, that's not my field. I got into computers when they became accessible to the home. I do remember the old tape reels wizzing around at work. It was early days. I've seen expensive computer cards which spanned a whole room, turn into a laptop, which cost the same as one of those 300 cards. But when I had access to affordable computers, I embraced it. I never saw how the internet would shape the world though. It has had very negative effects, but people who don't know each other can come together and discuss things and agree when dialogue is allowed.

Kershaw likes this.
  3. Irish Warrior

Irish Warrior Member Political Irish Donator

What the fuck have golfers and scientists to do with war veterans muppet? Check your grammar before trying to take the intellectual highroad too window licker.
    I asked you questions about the wars and you start talking about golfers. Imbecile.

4. Finished Symphony

Finished Symphony Member Political Irish

Irish Warrior is a knacker.:cool:

GodsDog likes this.
  5. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Respected Member Political Irish Donator

I feel like the Weavers and Coopers or the Liffey Boatmen in having back in the day learned the skills of loading those computer tapes you are talking about. We used to have racks of hundreds of these tapes, they were about a foot in diameter.

[​IMG]

The Computer was the size of a Walk-in Wardrobe and each of its 540 MB disk drives was the size of a Washing Machine. I guess nowadays a disk drive the size of a small book would hold 5000 times as much.

6. Irish Warrior

Irish Warrior Member Political Irish Donator

Fine argument and representation of yourself, projecting won't help you hide reality Miley's Jimmy.

FUN da MENTALIST likes this.
  7. OP
    Old School Nationalist

I go back to dash pots in my trade. I'm not into computing, can someone tell me what a dash pot is without google?

8. OP
    Old School Nationalist

Thanks for that by the way. I wasn't involved much on the computing end. I was into Megawatts.

9. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish Donator

The horse trade is a noble profession. I would not mind being a knacker myself.

Irish Warrior likes this.
  10. Finished Symphony

It's really just the persona his handler gave him, all part of the script.

Irish Warriors posting location perhaps.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    GodsDog likes this.
  11. OP
    Old School Nationalist

When people get too paranoid, self censorship follows.Just speak your heart and be true to what is right. I still believe that a good argument can hold up in court. I suppose that it would take some OJ Simpson kind of money, but we cannot let reason be dictated by money. Hate speech is calling for an attack on a group. I'm with that. Calling everything that is free speech hate, well there's the problem that must be fought.

12. Finished Symphony

Relax. Only messing around. Everyone is so serious around here.

13. OP
    Old School Nationalist

Sorry, I just take things at face value. I take everything quite literal.

14. OP
    Old School Nationalist

I'm new here. Just finding my feet.

15. Finished Symphony

You don't have to apologise, it'a just a web forum lol.

16. OP
    Old School Nationalist

It's still people interacting. I don't mind those who disagree with me, as long as we don't lose our dignity. Making an apology is what teaches us. Being belligerent teaches a man nothing. I reserve the right to apologise.

GodsDog likes this.
  17. Finished Symphony

Fair enough so.

18. OP
    Old School Nationalist

Does decency equate to being soft?

19. Finished Symphony

No, but the interwebs are different. And if you are new to web forums, try not to give away too much sensitive information about yourself.

It will be used against you.

GodsDog likes this.
  20. OP
    Old School Nationalist

Sure, the founders of the state didn't give a shit about what could be used against them. They died. I am a pro-life Catholic. Nail me to a cross thieves of the Irish people. I'm so past caring. It's all really sad. We no longer have the death penalty. Could you imagine what the rising men would have faced today? They would have never gotten off the ground. We do have the ballot box, vote National Party.

Not open for further replies.