• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

BBC, RTE Or FOX

What do you prefer to watch?

• BBC - British TV

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • RTE - Irish TV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fox - US TV

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Netflix

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Amazon

• feck TV I`ll read a good book

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Independent media online

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Tv?

• Total voters

Piedom

Political Irish
If you are lucky enough to receive both these state Broadcasters and I through in Fox for our American friends, which one would you choose to watch?

Personally, I find UK Television far superior to our own but more recently I have been watching a lot of Netflix own produced material.

maxflinn

Legend
Political Irish
Donator
Depends what you want. If it's news you are being fed rubbish much of the time by the BBC, RTE and Fox.

If it's decent (non-political) documentaries then the BBC and Netflix are great.

If it's shit like Eastenders you're probably in need of counselling so your choice of channel isn't important :smiley:

The Potato Mystic

Legend
Political Irish
RTE is torturous unless you like "Amy Huberman". Well, I don't. And they'll have you in the clink if you don't pay for the brain cell assaultin' propaganda they churn out. They can get on their bike! I won't watch 'em. I might watch an hour of RTE a year. If somebody I know appears as a pundit, I'll watch it. But that's it.

I watch a touch of the BBC for a bit sport, Eggheads and Michael Portillo looking at trains. The latter two is at dinner when the TV is under the control of the chef (which is not me!).

Tucker Carlson is half reasonable in fairness to Pox News. I never thought I'd see the day they'd put someone like that on -- but this is the Trump era.

His stuff I watch via youtube as I'm not in front of the TV and I can only really hack 5 minutes of US TV, despite him being better fare.

So the short answer is a good book.

Generation Snowflake

Political Irish
Its constant queers, dancing, rugby or some nob with a bag over his face, rte is completely fucked up these days.

And the Amy Huberman fascination that rte has is non stop, that show is advertised round the clock. She was on the late late show last week, today the rugby husband, setting up a Jewish royal line for us to fawn over. Your tv license is going to the right people.

If i want to turn something on myself, ill put on tg4, it has some good documentaries sometimes, and i can try to pick up a cupla focal where i can.

Last edited: