• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Being a Gay Immigrant in Modern Ireland

Asif

Political Irish
I have often wondered why Ireland is so behind the times, as someone new to Ireland who happens to be Gay and an Immigrant its hard to find any place that suits my choices on a night out If you live outside of Dublin. Even in Dublin its hard to find a bar that is suited to Gay`s and immigrants.

Racism is rife in Ireland, you may think you are all multicultural and you may think you are a modern society but I can assure you that Ireland today is far from the place you beleive it to be.

Sly racism exists and even though you pretend to not be racist you cant help yourselves.

The amount of times I have been asked where I am from, when I say Dublin the look on the face of you Irish is disgusting.

When I say I am Gay, you look even more horrified.

Is modern Ireland no different than it was 10 20 50 years ago? You seem to hate Gays and you seem to hate immigrants, the only difference is you now smile and try to pretend you hate neither.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
I have often wondered why Ireland is so behind the times, as someone new to Ireland who happens to be Gay and an Immigrant its hard to find any place that suits my choices on a night out If you live outside of Dublin. Even in Dublin its hard to find a bar that is suited to Gay`s and immigrants.

Racism is rife in Ireland, you may think you are all multicultural and you may think you are a modern society but I can assure you that Ireland today is far from the place you beleive it to be.

Sly racism exists and even though you pretend to not be racist you cant help yourselves.

The amount of times I have been asked where I am from, when I say Dublin the look on the face of you Irish is disgusting.

When I say I am Gay, you look even more horrified.

Is modern Ireland no different than it was 10 20 50 years ago? You seem to hate Gays and you seem to hate immigrants, the only difference is you now smile and try to pretend you hate neither.

You sound asif someone but ground glass in your Vaseline.

2pacs

Donator
Political Irish
You must be going to the wrong bars, that said I have no idea if there is any Gay Bars even in Dublin or elsewhere.

OP
OP
Asif

Asif

Political Irish
Asif started off here as a Fine Gaeler and than morphed into an Anti-GFA Republican and now is presenting himself as a homosexual immigrant, will he be telling us next that he actually comes from another planet or something?
I was in FG, I have so much to than them for, but I want to stand as TD. I think Ireland needs more Immigrant TD`s to represnet them in Dale Eiran.

This thread is about how Ireland accepts Gay imigrants.