• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Bono's mate Quincy Jones- the ROI so racist that it's frightening.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
The fact is that in general Southern Irish people are probably the least racist people in the world. So what is this lad up to? The charitable explanation is well that the left overs of the Anglo-Irish Ascendency can indeed be incredibly racist and I'm sure Bono hangs out with some of them. There are less charitable though explanations of this however.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Legendary-music-producer-Quincy-Jones-says-Ireland-is-so-racist-its-frightening/401764.htm#

I'd say Quincy is used to having everyone kissing his ass, so when the Irish and Scots don't do it - he takes that as wacism.

Tessa

Political Irish
Guess he thinks England is great then?

Did he not watch the Britain First tweets that Trump reposted?

Daigoro

The fact is that in general Southern Irish people are probably the least racist people in the world. So what is this lad up to? The charitable explanation is well that the left overs of the Anglo-Irish Ascendency can indeed be incredibly racist and I'm sure Bono hangs out with some of them. There are less charitable though explanations of this however.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Legendary-music-producer-Quincy-Jones-says-Ireland-is-so-racist-its-frightening/401764.htm#
Maybe he was coked up and wasnt sure what country he was in!what a plonker,maybe he'd feel safer walking around inner city Chicago,or Detroit!

Plasticpaddy

Respected Member
Yes sounds like he needs to get back to Sweet Home Chicago.After all he's used to racially integrated,non violent,crime free America.His grandad was Welsh could explain everything.

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine
The Anglo-Irish couple who live next door to usually refer to people of colour as nig nogs or golly wogs, which made me giggle at first because it sounded like something out of an Enid Blyton book or Rupert the Bear annual (I love Rupert the Bear annuals- one of the things that the English used to fabulous at producing was great books for kids), though sometimes they do actually use the "N" word, they are the type of people who would be friends with Bono and I can just imagine them asking a black person if they met one "What's it like being a nig nog?" or even "Has anyone in your family practiced cannibalism that you know of and if so is it true that human flesh tastes like chicken?". Maybe he has met them and that is where he is getting this notion of the ROI being super racist from.

I find Americans outside of a general European-American proximity don't really know what "Ireland" is. Jones seems a person of that type. And that's not a slight in of itself, if your world is the great American land-mass in all its limitless variety, then every other sector of the planet will seem small, obscure and abstract. Also quickly googling him, he seems to have made several bizarre and disjointed statements about all and sundry in recent days suggesting, alas, that age is finally catching up with him.

El Chaval.

Respected Member
I dont understand this, how would he know Ireland was racist if he held up in Bono`s castle all the time?

Sounds like total BS by him.
I imagine Bono or some other Ireland hater told him.
You know many of the elite equate nationalism and patriotism as early shoots of racism.

Even the leader of Fianna Fail said that wanting sovereignty for Ireland was backward and evil.