• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Can a black person ever be Irish?

Tom

New

When this question arises, as it often does in Ireland in one form or another, the usual response is - Sure, wasn't Phil Lynnott and Paul McGrath Irish?

Our own Earnán Ó Maille often tells us about the Irish Ashanti, those people of the Caribbean who are the fruit of forced mating between kidnapped Irish girls and kidnapped Africans.

And I don't say that these arguments are wrong. But, it's also clear that a black person born in Ireland, even if only one parent is of African stock, is Irish plus African. They are not 100% Irish. They possess a surplus to being Irish. And this should be a good thing. Why would they want to restrict themselves to being only part of what they are?

And we see this dynamic in the USA. Black people are referred to as African Americans. Not just Americans. Only one group are referred to as just Americans, and those are those of English stock. And that makes sense. The USA is the bastard child of England. It's language is the language of England. It's laws are the laws of Englishmen. Its cultural mores are the cultural mores of Englishmen. Everyone else is X + American. Irish American, Italian American - even Native American. They can never be 100% American. They all possess a surplus to being American.

And so when we look at a black schoolboy in an Irish school uniform, we are not terrible wacists because our eyes tell us that he is something other than Irish. He is something other than Irish. He will always also be African. And so those who are 100% Irish do have a right to recognise the fact that we are uniquely Irish, uniquely Celtic - without having moronic SJWs and Libtards calling us wacists and whatever other term of abuse is flavour of the moment with this demented clique.
I agree with the substance of what you say. I don’t particularly like the moniker X - Irish in either direction e.g. Irish – American, American – Irish. More so I don’t like qualifiers, Catholic Irish, Muslim Irish etc. We don’t say gay Irish, female Irish well at least not yet. Colour or creed doesn’t matter so much I think Irishness is in the hearts of men. Basically this is us come on in join us in our values our democracy, you may change us with founded arguments’ we have imported traditions before and mingled them with our own, Norman, Protestant, Jewishness , Huguenots, of which I am one found refuge here, probably the origin of the word refugee. I don’t consider myself French Irish.

In closing, i think i will be advoiding the poster ollie rhen

When this question arises, as it often does in Ireland in one form or another, the usual response is - Sure, wasn't Phil Lynnott and Paul McGrath Irish?

Our own Earnán Ó Maille often tells us about the Irish Ashanti, those people of the Caribbean who are the fruit of forced mating between kidnapped Irish girls and kidnapped Africans.

And I don't say that these arguments are wrong. But, it's also clear that a black person born in Ireland, even if only one parent is of African stock, is Irish plus African. They are not 100% Irish. They possess a surplus to being Irish. And this should be a good thing. Why would they want to restrict themselves to being only part of what they are?

And we see this dynamic in the USA. Black people are referred to as African Americans. Not just Americans. Only one group are referred to as just Americans, and those are those of English stock. And that makes sense. The USA is the bastard child of England. It's language is the language of England. It's laws are the laws of Englishmen. Its cultural mores are the cultural mores of Englishmen. Everyone else is X + American. Irish American, Italian American - even Native American. They can never be 100% American. They all possess a surplus to being American.

And so when we look at a black schoolboy in an Irish school uniform, we are not terrible wacists because our eyes tell us that he is something other than Irish. He is something other than Irish. He will always also be African. And so those who are 100% Irish do have a right to recognise the fact that we are uniquely Irish, uniquely Celtic - without having moronic SJWs and Libtards calling us wacists and whatever other term of abuse is flavour of the moment with this demented clique.
I agree with the substance of what you say. I don’t particularly like the moniker X - Irish in either direction e.g. Irish – American, American – Irish. More so I don’t like qualifiers, Catholic Irish, Muslim Irish etc. We don’t say gay Irish, female Irish well at least not yet. Colour or creed doesn’t matter so much I think Irishishness is in the hearts of men. Basically this is us come on in join us in our values our democracy, you may change us with founded arguments’ we have imported traditions before and mingled them with our own, Norman, Protestant, Jewishness , Huguenots, of which I am one found refuge here, probably the origin of the word refugee. I don’t consider myself French Irish.

I think i might be avoiding the poster Olli Rhen straight out of the traps on the first post with no arguments just insults.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Premium Account
I agree with the substance of what you say. I don’t particularly like the moniker X - Irish in either direction e.g. Irish – American, American – Irish. More so I don’t like qualifiers, Catholic Irish, Muslim Irish etc. We don’t say gay Irish, female Irish well at least not yet. Colour or creed doesn’t matter so much I think Irishishness is in the hearts of men. Basically this is us come on in join us in our values our democracy, you may change us with founded arguments’ we have imported traditions before and mingled them with our own, Norman, Protestant, Jewishness , Huguenots, of which I am one found refuge here, probably the origin of the word refugee. I don’t consider myself French Irish.

I think i might be avoiding the poster Olli Rhen straight out of the traps on the first post with no arguments just insults.
You are indeed a wise man.

Anglophile

Anti Semitic and racist??

We get it, Tadhg....:rolleyes:

Hardly a surprise!!!:smiley:

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Premium Account
Why would Israel murder and torture their own people??:rolleyes:

Hamas and Fatah show the way big time with that type of thing!!:cool:

The Zionists do rape, torture and terrorise Jews - along with secretly injecting them with contraceptives. The Zionists carry out even worse crimes against other Semitics peoples, including mass murder and genocide.

1 in 6 female soldiers report sexual harassment in IDF

More police brutality against decent Jews who refuse to join the Zionist Terror Forces,

Violent clashes as hundreds of ultra-Orthodox rally against IDF draft