• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Can a black person ever be Irish?

98FM podcast - "People Who Refuse African Taxis Should Be Arrested"

People Who Refuse African Taxis Should Be Arrested
This is dangerous ground. I have used taxis driven by African drivers before but I will not have the state tell me that I cannot refuse African taxis without being arrested.

Any European can refuse to get in a taxi in their own continent for any damn reason he or she pleases.

Heraclitus

Was that racial abuse? She wasn't criticizing them for being black, but for invading her country.
That's a matter for the political classes, not for school girls minding their own business on a bench.
Hate speech laws are a load of bollox, but at the same time I have to commend the girls in the video for their remarkable restraint.

That Jaffa skag is extremely lucky that they didn't fling her under an oncoming bus. If I had a mixed race daughter and someone spoke to them in that manner, I'd be facing a murder charge shortly afterwards.

Una

Respected Member
Donator
Premium Account
I'm not saying any of this to hurt people of mixed blood. It's just a question of being realistic and not let yourself be overcome with Liberal fantasies. We see that many of the Irish middle class dream that they can become English. They call the housing estates they live in ridiculous names like "Kempton," "Eton Park," "Buckingham Road." Catholics with this mania even send their children to Church of Ireland schools with the warped idea that this will really make them English. (I wonder what the Church of Ireland really thinks about this particular form of Gobshitery). But, the fact remains that no matter how often they read the Guardian, or listen to the Queen's Christmas Message, they or their children will never be English. As Freud said, our body is our fate.
I think some of those roads, a few in south Dublin, D.4, (some in town) were named before 1900..., & should of been changed to Irish.
I saw a campaign going on down in Cork.. about the same issue.., where some of the signs had been plastered in Paint, until the Council removed them, or changed the names.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Premium Account
I think some of those roads, a few in south Dublin, D.4, (some in town) were named before 1900..., & should of been changed to Irish.
I saw a campaign going on down in Cork.. about the same issue.., where some of the signs had been plastered in Paint, until the Council removed them, or changed the names.

Well, Kempton on the Navan Road was built in the 1990s.

Una

Respected Member
Donator
Premium Account
There's no absolute answer to what constitutes Irish that closes the debate -- even if there's universal agreement on certain assumptions. But the effort is mired in abject confusion as the moderns have a big problem with things they can't quantify. So frustrated and all autistic-like, most left-liberals lapse into you just have to 'think' you're Irish, then you're Irish. In the same way that when men 'think' they are women, they are women.

I would also say that reducing things to skin colour is also an error of modernists.

To be Irish you have to emerge from the Irish family in some substantive way. It's a heady mix of environment, blood and culture. And, yes, it can happen a black person mets these qualitative criteria.

Getting bits of paper or a booklet from this garbage state and that's enough to be Irish is just meaningless stupidity. That's just a grotesque charade particularly as this state embraces globalism.

That is exactly what it is... Globalism. 'Re-Packaging' of ethnicity, via bullying+brainwashing, via Rothschild funded 'Ted Talks', etc.

Una

Respected Member
Donator
Premium Account
I was reading the abstract earlier today of someones thesis about the identity of Pakistanis in Ireland:

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/...scroll=top&needAccess=true&journalCode=rdst20

The point I thought was interesting is that he sees "being Irish" as having three components - civic, ethnic and cultural.

So anyone with an immigrant background can be civically Irish - ie fulfil the technical criteria of becoming an Irish citizen. An immigrant can become culturally Irish ie adhere to a lifestyle which would be regarded as "Irish" but if both parents are immigrants will not become ethnically Irish - ie wont ever have Irish ancestry or "blood".

So I think first off you would have to get your definition of what it means to be Irish straight, you refer to Phil Lynott and Paul McGrath, I think both fulfil the criteria of being civically, ethnically and culturally Irish so are unequivocally Irish.

That Halawa guy in an Egyptian prison however only ticks the "civically" box, there is no way he could pass any reasonable definition of being culturally or ethnically Irish.
Yes, but do u think they would go thru all this blabber for an Irish person living in Pakistan,.. No Way...!
The mental push in only in one direction ! onto christian ethnic european culture.

Una

Respected Member
Donator
Premium Account
Of course a black person can be Irish, I have no qualms about anyone coming to Ireland and taking up Irish Citizenship providing they come here for the right reasons, coming here just for a better life and using us is not reason enough to be considered Irish.

Coming here for a love of the culture and wanting to enrich themselves and become every part an Irish person as you and me is quite acceptable in my opinion. Of course that would be ditching any religion that wasn't Christian and leaving behind all your ties to your previous country.
sarcasm? u cannot ask someone to 'ditch' their culture, & ancestral history. They import it with them. some have little or no interest in integration. Then u must ask the question, how many? looking for a better life? There are 500 Million Europeans with access to Ireland, isn't that enough already?? A black person can grow up 'culturally irish', but ethnically african (e.g. nigerian), You cannot change yr ethnic identity.

mikeo

When this question arises, as it often does in Ireland in one form or another, the usual response is - Sure, wasn't Phil Lynnott and Paul McGrath Irish?

Our own Earnán Ó Maille often tells us about the Irish Ashanti, those people of the Caribbean who are the fruit of forced mating between kidnapped Irish girls and kidnapped Africans.

And I don't say that these arguments are wrong. But, it's also clear that a black person born in Ireland, even if only one parent is of African stock, is Irish plus African. They are not 100% Irish. They possess a surplus to being Irish. And this should be a good thing. Why would they want to restrict themselves to being only part of what they are?

And we see this dynamic in the USA. Black people are referred to as African Americans. Not just Americans. Only one group are referred to as just Americans, and those are those of English stock. And that makes sense. The USA is the bastard child of England. It's language is the language of England. It's laws are the laws of Englishmen. Its cultural mores are the cultural mores of Englishmen. Everyone else is X + American. Irish American, Italian American - even Native American. They can never be 100% American. They all possess a surplus to being American.

And so when we look at a black schoolboy in an Irish school uniform, we are not terrible wacists because our eyes tell us that he is something other than Irish. He is something other than Irish. He will always also be African. And so those who are 100% Irish do have a right to recognise the fact that we are uniquely Irish, uniquely Celtic - without having moronic SJWs and Libtards calling us wacists and whatever other term of abuse is flavour of the moment with this demented clique.

I could be born, reared, and live in the intuit area of Alaska,......but it doesn't make me an eskimo!!:cool:.... To deny that there are ethnic/ (and deep cultural) differences between people(s)...is lunacy and or willful politically convenient blindness. An African living in Ireland can become an Irish CITIZEN, but it doesn't make him ....well....An IRISHMAN:tonguewink:..."Bloodline speaking".you know what I mean...Despite what G.Adams....R.T.E....and anyone wearing a bandana thinks. The globalist PTB love to have these arguments made back and forth, while they continue to take over European Countries. Isn't the REAL question, whether on not the indigenous people of a sovereign nation have the right to refuse immigration into their country? As the Trumpster has said...."Immigration is NOT a right, it's a Privilege". Is Ireland, after 800 years of struggle, a Sovereign Nation? How do the Majority of IRISH People feel about continued Immigration into their Country? Does Ireland have a Representative Government??? (Thanks for letting me vent:smiley:)

Asif

Political Irish
Why is this thread still open?

I foind it offensive, disgusting and disgraceful. Its as much as Id expect from the racists on this site.

BrianBoru

Why is this thread still open?

I foind it offensive, disgusting and disgraceful. Its as much as Id expect from the racists on this site.
You're as Irish as I was Han Chinese when I lived in Beijing. Not at all, Asif.

It's absolutely pathetic listening to foreigners desperately try to claim our identity as their own. The Irish people are a nation and ethnic group native to the island of Ireland, who share a common Irish ancestry, identity and culture. You and your ilk will never be viewed as Irish by the majority of the population.

Map: Percentage of People Who Think It’s Important to Have Ancestry in the Country to be a Part of the Country

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Premium Account

It's absolutely pathetic listening to foreigners desperately try to claim our identity as their own. The Irish people are a nation and ethnic group native to the island of Ireland, who share a common Irish ancestry, identity and culture. You and your ilk will never be viewed as Irish by the majority of the population.

Map: Percentage of People Who Think It’s Important to Have Ancestry in the Country to be a Part of the Country

Strange how Libtarded Scotland is on that question.

mikeo

Hmmm......And I thought he was another one of those Bandana wearing , Irish-hating......Irish person! My mistake.