1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Can a Christian be a good Democrat?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SwordOfStCatherine, Nov 22, 2017.

1. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

There's strong trad Cat communities out there. A huge diaspora. We communicate in the same language. Almost every Irish fam has some sort of relative there. We know America with all the thrash culture projected into our homes and from that they're regarded as our heroes (i know, i know, bluegh!). They still trade on their anti-Communist credentials, the residue of which is kept alive with the myth of Russia being governed by some unreconstructed KGB autocratic martial arts Bond villain assassin.

And Europe has a very dsyfunctional relationship with Russia, their language is some weird script, lol. Russia is a mystery that needs hard work to crack and they are continuously feared as an Asiatic colossus with a living, permanent presence on the European frontier.

I think that's the reason. I do think the future is Russia though (or eurasia to be more precise) as the American pyramid scheme collapses in on itself, forcing their fundamental retreat from the world. One just hopes they don't go scorched earth in response to the defeat of their exceptionalist convictions.

2. Old School Nationalist

Old School Nationalist Member

Catholics are monarchists. The French Revolution was the upturning of order.

3. Old School Nationalist

Old School Nationalist Member

I believe that Catholicism is the church that Christ created. It's the universal church. I do believe that Catholics and Orthodox Christians must heal the schism. The EU is supposed to be the uniter of peoples, yet they bring people closer and divide them. I have no problem with Russia coming back to Christianity under Putin. They do not separate church and state. They want a symphony of church and state on an equal basis. When you separate the two, you end up with destruction of people and usurers reigning supreme.

4. Heraclitus

Heraclitus Member Political Irish

With all due respects, this is patent bullsh1t.

Church and state should be strictly separate.
    Sure, you can have a political opinion informed by your religious faith; that's entirely your prerogative.
    But the state shouldn't promote one religion over another.

With that said, I don't agree with French style Laïcité (forced secularisation).
    IMO, the U.S constitution gets the balance right.