1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Catalonia

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Plasticpaddy, Oct 1, 2017.

1. OP
    Plasticpaddy

Plasticpaddy Member Political Irish

QUOTE="El Chaval., post: 162358, member: 161"]They are wanted for money embezzlement and misuse of public funds.
    They used taxpayers money to fund their vanity project.[/QUOTE]
    I don't think so,Madrid pride project is the problem here.They need to do the smart thing and let the Catalans have their referendum and respect the result,the world is laughing at the Madrid government now.

2. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Member Political Irish

Thats a big big question.
    First off is it important - eg did the life of people in Ireland improve in the few years after 1916? Are the details of the effect on everyones day to day life in those few years of critical importance?

With regard to the day to day life in Ukraine, yes people will have experienced a noticeable reduction in the corruption they experience in their day to day life. But yes that change is a drop in the ocean compared to the totality of corruption in the country, there is still a long long way to go on that front but at least they have inched in the right direction.

Economically the truth is that people wont have experienced any improvement in their day to day life. Whereas the economic stability of the country as a whole has hugely improved and Ukraine now looks for the first time since independence to be economically stable and their economic dependence on Russia has been largely eliminated the lot of the average man in the street is pretty much the same as it was.

To break free from their long time colonial power which is the kind of thing I thought people in Ireland would kind of understand.
    And who knows if that loss of territory will be permanent. The five per cent of Ukraine occupied by Russia in the East is in a state or perma-criminal chaos and its costing Russia an arm and a leg to keep going so who knows how long Russia will want to bankroll it.
    As for Crimea, large parts of it are reverting to its natural climatic desert state without water from Ukraine. Agriculture is collapsing.
    Dont know if Ukraine will ever get it back but its so far its showing no signs of prospering as part of Russia.

3. OP
    Plasticpaddy

POLITE REMINDER

This thread is about CATALONIA please stay on topic.

4. GodsDog

GodsDog Member Political Irish

Ha ha!
    What a joke you are with your US propaganda lies about Ukraine.
    You've ingested one too many of Victoria Nuland's cookies I think!
    Go back to p.ie where you belong

You are an apologist for nazi sympathising murderers of the kind who fired large unguided ballistic missiles at a city population
    against all the laws of war and burned trade unionists alive.

However no hope of another Maidan to usurp the current corrupt government there
    who have an even lower approval rating than Yanukovitch had.
    Because there is no 5 billion in washington support / funding for that particular colour revolution and
    if they tried the Azov battalion jackboots would be on their necks in a flash

5. OP
    Plasticpaddy

Spain's actions are an attack on democracy,but it's already backfiring,Catalan independence parties are uniting and they have been made stronger by Spain's bull stubbornity.

6. TheWexfordInn

Blah blah blah this is my last comment about this here as I dont want to piss off PlasticPaddy any more with any more off topic posts !!
    Unlike you who gets your info from Moscow my info on Ukraine comes from regular visits there seeing whats what for myself, meeting and talking to people for myself as well as from having Ukrainian TV here at home.
    You meantime are still parroting the Moscow state broadcasts from 2014.

Textbook example of how uninformed you are about affairs in Ukraine. A protest camp against corruption was set up and has remained outside the Ukrainian Parliament for about the last month and there has been various clashes with the Police and so on. All on a much lower scale than Maidan at its peak thus far although Maidan did start off on that scale.
    You wont have heard of it though as the West is now bored with reporting from Ukraine and Moscow hasnt bothered highlighting it either with it having no dog in the fight as both the anti corruption protesters outside the Rada and the Parliamentarians inside share the same vehement opposition to Moscow.

7. OP
    Plasticpaddy

The super criminals and enemies of civilisation,the Catalan leaders,have been granted bail by the Belgian court.Yes I'm being sarcastic,what a ridiculous farce,the Spanish government are making themselves the laughing stock of the world.

8. GodsDog

So are you essentially admitting that all is not well in Ukraine after all and there is now good reason to protest?
    And also that police are bullying the protesters?

So.. Ukranian TV = the truth
    Russian TV = propaganda

Nice bit of hypocrisy there.
    Any proof that Ukranian TV is so unbiased? Yeah, I didn't think so.

We all know of course that the only thing that you are really listening to here is your dick Wexford,
    which you are busily sticking into your Ukranian "rent a bride".

And when you are porking her silly no doubt you'll swallow any line she gives you on the subject.

However the rest of us don't have the same sexy motivation to swallow the dumb blonde Ukranian "maidan" propaganda whole without question.

I'll believe Maidan II when I actually see it. There will be no support for this one from US/EU coffers or the CIA, that's for sure.
    And if it does attempt to kick off it will be repressed with serious violence from the nazi fucks in charge, without a whimper from the MSM
    or washington, who will back the current lot to the hilt in repressing it.

9. OP
    Plasticpaddy

Now the Catalan leaders have been told to return to court next week,and not to leave Belgium.Congratulations Madrid you've saved us from these dangerous desperadoes,we can sleep easy now.You can be proud of yourselves,what a joke.

10. TheWexfordInn

Of course all is not well. When the hell did I or anyone else ever suggest that? The changes in Ukraine in the past three years amount to it going from a 100 per cent basket case to an 80 per cent basket case.

Would you ever listen to yourself for a second? Do you think that if you want to get the truth about whats going on in Ireland you should listen to Nigel Farage and the "unbiased" London media rather viewing any Irish media or by talking to people living in Ireland or by seeing whats happening in Ireland for yourself?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  11. OP
    Plasticpaddy

The Catalan leader Mr.Puigdemont has called for unity 200 Catalan mayors are in Brussels to support him today.

12. OP
    Plasticpaddy

The Catalan leader Mr.Puigdemont has called for unity 200 Catalan mayors are in Brussels to support him today.

13. OP
    Plasticpaddy

14. OP
    Plasticpaddy

15. OP
    Plasticpaddy

16. GodsDog

So are you admitting that the London media lies ( i.e. the BBC and the Guardian)
    and cannot be trusted to tell the truth either whenever their government has a dog in the fight?

So if BBC can't be trusted to tell the truth or the Guardian cannot be trusted to tell the truth or Russian media cannot be trusted to tell the truth
    then why do you only go on incessantly about RT alone when clearly, according to you, even the most highly regarded media in the world (BBC etc) are guilty of the very same behaviour you attribute to RT? (and hence dog knows what lies the other inferior western media are feeding us)

Could it be that you have a serious anti russian bias here? Are you a wacist or something Wexford?

By your own argument, how can we possibly get the truth about countries the US and EU have interests in either, from biased US and EU media?

So... by your own arguments we are not getting the truth about Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Yemen, Most of Africa, and CATALAN (and indeed in Ukraine!!) from US UK EU media because they all have blatantly obvious political interests in those places.

So why not watch Russian media too (as it's no worse than the others)
    to get yet another viewpoint in an attempt to get closer to the truth amongst all the lies?

i.e. Why is RT always so demonised when it is no better or worse than the others.?

And in relation to the actual OP, we cannot expect to get unbiased treatment of the situation in Catalan from the EU media because the EU needs Catalan money to pay back the interest on Spain's bank debts. Catalan injects 20% of Spanish GDP. They are not going to be allowed to escape that, or the EU straitjacket itself. And the western media will play their part in making sure of this

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  17. OP
    Plasticpaddy

Apologies for the multiple posts,some kind of technical hitch.I understand Mr.Boris Johnson will be sorting out the situation by going to Brussels and inserting a trumpet in his anus and playing God Save the Queen.

18. OP
    Plasticpaddy

Mr.Carles Puigdemont has left the region because the Spanish government was preparing"a wave of oppression and violence" against separatists.Mr.Puigdemont added there was an "absolute disconnect between the interests of the people and the European elites"and that the Catalan crisis is an"issue of human rights that require maximum attention."So we see the EU doing a Pontius Pilate here washing their hands,this the organisation that claims to be a champion of freedom,but now they show their true colours.

19. OP
    Plasticpaddy

Catalonia has been brought to a standstill today and it's all because of Spain's imperialist,parasitic attitude towards the Catalans.

Dublin 4 likes this.
  20. OP
    Plasticpaddy

It's gone very quiet on BBC,ITV and SKY news about Catalonia,perhaps it's just not fashionable?