1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Choral written by Lebanese Christian in praise of Nasrallah and Hezbollah

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator

This is a stirring piece written by Ziad Rahbani, son of Assi Rahbani who is famous in the Arabic speaking world for many compositions, including arrangements of Antiochian Orthodox liturgies. And well a Christian should praise Hezbollah. We should feel humble that today many a Muslim mother grieves her precious son who sacrificed his life so that Christian Syria still may live.

2. Anglophile

Anglophile Respected Member Political Irish

[​IMG]

Olli Rehn likes this.
  3. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

So sadly predictable.

kalipa44 and maxflinn like this.
  4. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish

Look at the state of Libya now, if your friends had won in Syria as they did there it would have been an immense humanitarian disaster.

5. maxflinn

maxflinn Legend Political Irish Donator

Thanks for posting this Tadhg. Nasrallah is the wisest, most noble leader in the world IMO, and Hezbollah the most noble and tough fighting force in the Middle East. They rightly deserve all the plaudits they get and it's great to see Christians showing their appreciation for the mighty Hezbollah's protection.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  6. maxflinn

By the way, I urge people to watch this fantastic speech of Nasrallah's, given just after dotard Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia in the summer.

The way he deciphers what's actually going on between Trump, the Saudis and many more is so impressive; and of course rather than preach hate, even to his enemies he offers an olive branch and says that dialogue and living with other countries in peace is always better than war.

A true statesman, unlike that knacker: Trump and the duplicitous sick Saudis!

Subtitles are included:

7. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Very true a chara, but I must say I've been listening to a lot of interviews with Rabbi Weiss over the last few days, and I see now that I have been wrong in many respects regarding both Muslims and Jews. I have too often given in to the temptation to accept the Zionist narrative that all Jews are Zionists - or are in some way complicit in the crimes of the Jewish Capitalists who oppress us all - Jew, Christian and Muslim. And to accept that since there are among the Muslims the mirror image of the Zionists, that Islam in itself is a threat. Well, I've been far more guilty of holding the Jews suspect than the Muslims - that's clear. Well, this all goes to show that in our scientific and technical world the spiritual leadership of holy men like Rabbi Weiss is need more than ever - and I thank God for him. I must say he has opened my heart and my soul.

maxflinn likes this.
  8. maxflinn

I must check out this Rabbi Weiss. As you say there are some incredibly wise, kind-hearted Jews out there; think Finklestein, Chomsky etc.

Dublin 4 and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  9. Olli Rehn

Olli Rehn Legend Political Irish

10. SwordOfStCatherine

Olli it is pretty worrying that an old lad such as yourself admits to playing computer games publically.

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But, when I became a man, I put away the things of a child."- 1 Corinthians 13:11.

kalipa44 likes this.
  11. Anglophile

You haven't a clue, Tridentine......:rolleyes:

12. SwordOfStCatherine

Did you really think that I would feel in the least insulted by being called that? :confused:

Anyway thank you Tadgh for posting that very moving piece of music.

Tadhg Gaelach and maxflinn like this.
  13. amsterdemmetje

amsterdemmetje Member Political Irish

I did not read it as I don't speak Lebanese but I speak most other languages . I have been told I have a brain like a sponge . nothing annoys me more than the stereotypical eejits that cant be botherd to learn a foreign language Jasus I used to be saying an will cad a Good dull go toilet when I was only 6 years old. ​

Tadhg Gaelach and maxflinn like this.
  14. Anglophile

15. SwordOfStCatherine

Uh the Roman Salute has been used by a lot of people from French Jacobins to Spanish Carlists.

16. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Yes, these people could well be using that salute since the Byzantine Empire.

17. SwordOfStCatherine

Well I don't think they have the Byzantine Empire in mind at all but neither do I think they have the Hitlerite regime in mind either at all.

18. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

They might not have it in mind, but it could be that there is an unbroken tradition of using this form of salute in the region. It would be interesting to see if the Ottomans used it at all.

SwordOfStCatherine likes this.
  19. SwordOfStCatherine

I'm going to have to look into this but I'm pretty sure some Zionist organizations used it also in the 20s and 30s of the last century.

20. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh Member Political Irish Donator

Americans co-opted it to pledge allegiance to the flag, and it was renamed it the Bellamy salute until anti-German hysteria took over after we entered World War II:

[​IMG]