1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Congratulations to the DPRK on its Fifth Successful Nuclear Test

Discussion in 'Foreign Affairs' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Sep 9, 2016.

1. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

I think we Irish desperately need some of the discipline, order and austerity that the DPRK enjoys. But, of course you are right that they Irish would be in despair if they had to discipline themselves over anything.

2. Art

Art Member Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Yes, I do believe the reports that the manager was executed. He 'dumbly' told the truth without considering that a comment on electricity shortages would be taken as a criticism of the ruling megalomaniacs.

As I said, America is rotten, and so is South Korea for that matter but North Korea is a truly dire place to live. Given a choice of which of these 3 countries I would reside in NK would be a distant third and I think most if not all people on the planet would agree with me. 'Respected Marshal Kim Jong Un' is a fat little toad who is the figurehead of a despotic regime who rules through propaganda and fear.

Plasticpaddy likes this.
  3. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Do you really believe that somebody who lived all his life in a society where a manager would be executed for mentioning electricity shortage, and who rose up to the position of an important factory manager, would not know to keep his mouth shut about electricity shortages? Of course he would.

But, the fact is that a manager would not be executed for that, as Respected Marshal Kim Jong Un would be the wrong people to tell that to. He is a figurehead who does not deal with the day to day running of factories or electricity.

South Korean intelligence made up this story to satisfy several aims:

1) To remind the likes of you to think that the DPRK is a criminally insane place.

2) To remind you that the DPRK has no electricity because Communism doesn't work (and the people are all starving).

3) To remind you to feel sorry for South Korea and do your best to support it.

As generally happens, the "executed" victim will be seen alive and well on TV laughing about his so called execution. But, the Western media will completely ignore that and print the next mad story invented by South Korean intelligence.

4. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Which one of those three is under criminal UN sanctions? What would the USA and South Korea be like if they had these sanctions on them for one week - not to mind for decades.

5. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

You know there are tens of thousands of North Koreans living in Japan. They have DPRK support societies, a DPRK newspaper in Japanese, they send home millions of dollars every year, and they come home and send their children to summer camp in the DPRK every year. Do you think they do that out of fear? Have a look at this film. It's heavily biased against the DPRK, but they can't hide the genuine love that ordinary people have for their state and leaders.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE9nnp0iNC0

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  6. Art

Well, he was caught between a rock and a hard place. Asked to explain the deaths of the terrapins his choices were to say either, 'They died through our incompetence' or the truth 'They died because of electricity shortages.' Either way his fate was sealed. For someone who professes an interest in N. Korea I am surprised you do not seem to be aware that the fat toad, Kim wrong 'un, visits these factories specifically to offer them his 'guidance' and instruct them on how to improve their processes.

The N. Korean leadership are criminals who adopt seemingly insane policies to maintain their power over the people on the basis of most sane people are afraid of insane ones.
    The N. Koreans have had regular shortages of electricity because most of their power comes from hydro-electric generation and they have suffered major droughts for the past few years.
    I have zero sympathy for the S. Korean leadership. They too are criminals.

Of course not everybody in NK suffers under their system, the elites are (generally) quite happy as things are, and of course brain washing can be very effective.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    Plasticpaddy likes this.
  7. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Why would any factory manager leave dead fish lying about when the leader of the country and the national media were coming to his factory? Is that even slightly logical or likely?

Or is it far more likely that this is just a bullshit story made up by the South Koreans for Western consumption?

8. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Of course that's true, and nobody is executed for mentioning such an obvious fact. Of course the criminal UN sanctions (really US sanctions) have a lot to do with it also. How much electricity would Ireland have if we were barred from buying international machinery and even banned from using the international banking system?

9. Art

He didn't leave the dead terrapins lying around. The tanks were empty and the fat toad wanted to know where the occupants were. It seems the state had also given this factory lobsters to breed which had died, which officials were aware of prior to this visit, and so most likely the fate of the manager had been decided in advance. The visit was simply to find more faults and intimidate the rest of the workforce.

Personally I would love to visit N. Korea, I would say it could be very interesting but I certainly would not want to live there.

10. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

So this factory manager knew he was being visited by the head of state and the media and he couldn't find some fish to put in the tank? What kind of factory was it? A fish breeding factory? Are you saying that the civil service organised the head of state and the media to visit a fish farm that they knew had no fish?

11. Art

Here you go, I have found a link to the story - https://news.vice.com/article/north...-un-executes-a-turtle-farmer-for-incompetence

12. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Oh my God, don't tell me you actually fall for such nonsense. Just think about it for a minute. Do you think the DPRK media organise photo shoots of their leader in empty fish farms? Of course not. You can be sure that everything was perfect in that fish farm for the visit. It may not be perfect any other day of the year, but it was perfect on that day.

13. Art

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

14. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Fair enough, but I'm surprised that a man of your intelligence would fall for this particular story.

15. Art

The details of the story are kind of irrelevant, if nothing else they serve as an illustration of what can happen if you transgress. The key point is the NK leadership rule largely by fear, which I think is pretty undeniable.

All those people with their notebooks are terrified.

Plasticpaddy likes this.
  16. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Did you watch the video I posted about Koreans in Japan?

17. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Given that every man and women in the DPRK is a trained soldier, I doubt if it really would be possible to rule the country by fear. The free state régime would never chance giving the Irish population military training.

18. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Congratulations to the DPRK on the successful launch of a new rocket capable of carrying a nuclear weapon. I'm sure this new weapon will deter the US régime from carrying out any foolish acts of terrorism against the Korean people.

19. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

As of May 14, two Won Buddhists finished their 17 days' hunger strike against the deployment of THAAD.

Rev. Kang Hae-yoon and Yang Myung-il moved to the center of Seoul right after April 26 when the US Military rushed to move a radar and two mobile launchers in the planned area for the THAAD deployment, Soseong-ri, Seongju, main land of Korea. And then, they started fast soon in protest to THAAD and were eventually carried to hospital respectively on May 13 and 14.

The Nationwide committee against the THAAD is expected to succeed the two's fast. Otherwise, about 16 people in Gangjeong carried out solidarity relay fast for the fasting Won Buddhists from April 30 to May 13.

[​IMG]

20. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Putin: We need to stop intimidating the DPRK, find peaceful solution.

RT Published on 15 May 2017

The DPRK's latest ballistic missile test's prompted a chorus of condemnation from around the globe. Pyongyang claims a new type of rocket was successfully fired - which can carry a large nuclear warhead. The Russian President Vladimir Putin has also addressed the latest missile launch by the DPRK.