1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Did you know Ireland has a Minister for Space?

Discussion in 'General Humour' started by Adrian, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Adrian

Adrian Member Political Irish

John Halligan, the Minister of State for Training and Skills, is that man. A press release for this week’s opening of the International Space University’s Space Studies Program in Cork City Hall described Halligan as the Minister with responsibility for space.

LMFAO ...The irish space man. You can't make it up.

Did you know Ireland has a Minister for Space?

2. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend

We could send him on a state visit to Mars. With such an important visit, he will need an entourage, so the more the merrier. Might have to ration the rocket fuel though -- but the good news is, given the national enthusiasm in getting Space Ambassador Halligan into orbit, the statutory requirement to NCT the space module will be waived! Now, that's one junket I'm happy to spend my hard earned cash on.

Adrian and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  3. anderson

anderson Respected Member Political Irish

Interesting, especially when their is talk about the UK having Space ports after Brexit.

Plans for British spaceports 'in danger of being grounded by poor legislation'
    Bill could leave operators open to crippling insurance costs, and could scupper government ambitions to launch satellites from UK spaceports by 2020

[​IMG]

Plans for British spaceports 'in danger of being grounded by poor legislation'

Adrian and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  4. OP
    Adrian

What's even more interesting is that no one, at least human, has ever been to space in my opinion. That doesn't mean that space isn't the final frontier just that we're not capable of getting there. So.. NASA lie about it and produce CGI and lies to cover for that fact. I absolutely believe in UFO's. It's always the same deal with these people. Oh.. in the next 5 years we will do this or that. Then 5 years will pass and then they will say in the next 5 years we will do this or that again. Guess what, same story every time. Keep it alive in peoples imagination. That's all.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  5. Olli Rehn

Olli Rehn Legend Political Irish

No man has ever been in space ?
    You call Neil Armstrong and friends all liers ?
    And you think this current crew of the ISS are a fraud ?
    [​IMG]

The Crew
    You can see them passing over your head soon again:
    International Space Station

6. OP
    Adrian

7. Jkay

Jkay Non Registered Member GUEST

8. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Respected Member Political Irish Donator

The space industry is big business, its quite right that Ireland should attempt to grab a bit of the pie, there are private satellites going up all the time and big supply contracts available from the European Space Agency and the International Space station and so on.
    I recall hearing that one of one of the people I remember from my time in UCD is working (in Ireland) producing heat shields for re-entry vehicles.

9. OP
    Adrian

Big business doesn't make space travel true, unfortunately. It's big business and money that makes the wheels of the NASA lie to continue to spin.