1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Fianna Fáil Gombeen wants state funding for Irish Times and Indo to combat Social Media

Discussion in 'Fianna Fáil' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

[​IMG]

He that bulls the cow must keep the calf.

Seems that websites like this are causing concern for the Régime - too many truths running out past the official Régime barriers.

THE State should offer financial support to traditional media outlets to prevent the “erosion of democracy”, according to a Fianna Fail TD.

Clare TD Timmy Dooley believes that the Government should be providing support to the traditional media outlets to ensure that “quality journalism” (i.e. Régime approved propaganda) does not die out.

He said social media platforms offered “unverified” and “untruthful” information which could pose a risk to future democracy.

He said: “Facebook and Google are eroding mainstream journalism because people are now capturing their news and information through Facebook.

Full article,

TD calls on State backing for newspapers to stop social media 'eroding democracy'

2. Finished Symphony

Finished Symphony Member Political Irish

That's hilarious. It doesn't matter how much 'financial support' is on offer.

I've seen shoppers refuse free copies of the Independent in supermarkets.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  3. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish Political Irish

4. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Toby Carlton-Hogge Member Political Irish

That why places like this need solid citizens like ....erm...myself and lads like the boy Porter and Ollie and others to ensure that humpbacks and buffoons don't have free range over the site, like, dominate it with enough bolloxology to choke a fully grown Zambesi croc .

Nothing personal Timmie, just sayin' like.

5. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Well, as noted on another thread, this website has its champs and its chumps. Unfortunately, yourself and the rest of the aforementioned crew are in the latter category.

GodsDog and Irish Warrior like this.
  6. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

A few shekels coming my way for Hanaka, would not be amiss, if you put in a good word. God Bless, Shalom, Alli Akbot etc etc

Irish Warrior and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  7. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

I'm all for it. What would happen if the papers became formally attached to the regime?

Trust in the big papers already at an all time low would plunge into oblivion.

The big papers already known to be as established organs would be officially establishment organs and this would then be inarguable.

And if a patriotic regime was ever to rise to power (I know fat chance) the big media cartels are gonna need to be reigned in.

However this is just some pea-brain spasm of some establishment nitwit and won't see the light of day.

8. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

In reality, the Régime already funds these organs by massive and unnecessary state advertising. Of course, there is the element of deniability there - it's de facto state funding, but at one remove.

The Potato Mystic likes this.
  9. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Tad obtuse there Daniel, not many will get what I see as the inference intended.

On a side note, is this site turning into an extreme views platform rather than logical discussion?

Just wondering like.

Hope the polis don't get involved....uhmmmmmm

Shut the fcuker down or anything like that.

Nah..... Won't happen.

10. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

The last poster making such veiled threats against this forum came to an inglorious end. Hopefully, nothing like that will befall you - every forum should have its clown jester.

GodsDog, Irish Warrior and Dublin 4 like this.
  11. The Potato Mystic

Off-topic posts from Trollby with this "side note", lol.

If you actually got off your lazy backsides and developed content of your own instead of constant moaning from the ditch maybe the Carlton Clique would establish a presence of its own?

Dublin 4 and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  12. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish Political Irish

Maybe the Gards will start up a Feedback Forum for him & he can spend all Day + Night on that - slobberin about the Posters there too :D

13. The Potato Mystic

Trollby completely derailed the thread with off-topic blather.

14. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Hey!!! Just surmising lads, don't panic ......just yet.

Relaaaaaax.

15. Toby Carlton-Hogge

What "veiled threats" are these Timmie?

Explain yourself,a chara.

You seem a tad 'jumpy ' at that post Timmie, calm down man, not need to get panicky.

16. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Just joking about, as in, how do I get this money that everyone suspesuspects others are paid.

The site is relatively fine imo, it is a chat forum. It is not the Lit and Debate Society in Trinity or a Think Tank in DC.

I will curtail any calls for violence and extremism that I witness. That, I am honor bound to do, as long as I am a mod.

17. dwayne

dwayne Member

The (((controlled media))) is totally exposed,there is mo way back for (((them)))

18. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

You can pick up the Indo basically for free in a lot of places, my information is that it is essentially the propaganda mouth of some multi-millionaire than a reporting business as such. Sometimes I flick through because occasionally they will have unintentionally hilarious anti-Shinner pieces. Seeing "The ISIS Times" go out of business would induce some schadenfreude though.

Tadhg Gaelach and El Chaval. like this.
  19. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

[​IMG]

20. The Potato Mystic

You almost completely destroyed this thread with off-topic babble. If you were sincere you'd start up a new thread or add to the array of feedback threads there happens to be. So don't swivel around and look flabbergasted when people you and you're Carlton Hogge henchmen trolls.