1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Fianna Fáil Gombeen wants state funding for Irish Times and Indo to combat Social Media

Discussion in 'Fianna Fáil' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Dec 3, 2017.

1. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

What is good for the goose though is good for the gander, though you have become more coy of late it is also clear that from some of the links that you post that you still gorge yourself from time to time on some of the most extreme "Counter Jihad" sites. You also are given to violent hyperbole. Going after other people's "Free Speech" therefore might come back to bite you.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  2. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

His views are 100% irrelevant. His chances of success are 100% irrelevant. He could agree with me politically 100% and I'd be saying 100% the same thing as I'm saying now.

He undertook to damage the site, undertook actions that would damage the owners and was not apologetic about this. He undertook actions that would destroy Ireland's one free speech forum. He did not even have the dignity to warn the owners about these despicable acts until after he took them. Totally intolerable behaviour.

3. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

OK, so you walk into my tavern and you conclude that the two customers do not like you for whatever reason.You have 3 pinnts drank and you are saying that number 4 will put you over the limit. But you drink it anyway. You suspect that if you get into the car that Toc is going to dime you out so you cold clock him and he is out cold.

What happens then is.
    I must call 911 and hope that his injuries are minor. He could actually expire.The ambulance , the cops and the fire department comes. I am on facebook live, with anybody sober enough to use a phone. If you are dumb enough to still be around you will be arrested for maybe felony assault. If you are drunk enough to resist, then you are charged with resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.
    I will be written up for violations and be closed for a day or two. Then the person who was hit sues me for 100000 if I am lucky, more if he actually is in fact injured. I willmost certainly bar you even if you are my brother or best customer, or bartender or my most popular musician/dj

The worst part is the the other customer Roby is in the next night telling me that this would never have happened at all if I listened to him in the first place

4. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

The thing is that this is not a tavern. It is described as a community. Anyone joining is joining a community. They are not randomers in a tavern. But, even in taverns - at least of the older variety - communities do emerge, and there is loyalty and expectation of loyalty within these communities.

5. Youngdan

It actually is a tavern

The owners, Hans and Rick, are on the hook for whatever actions any drunk is allowed to get up to on their site.
    If any illegality is witnessed it must be expunged. Some may escape through the cracks,that is to be expected but a diligent effort must be made to prevent it. imo

6. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Well, ask them to change their "About" section below. As for illegality - its up to the likes of you to stop it. Members such as myself are not slow to use the report function to bring unsuitable material to your attention. No need for any sneaking little spy to bring in outside forces.

7. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

I'm not sure what this means tbh. I won't abide informants in my physical proximity and quite frankly I'm struggling to justify sharing a forum with a snitch as well.

He stated that he went out to damage the site and its owners. He did not even bother to consult with the owners in so doing. He got back and baldy announced that he'd do it again. His prose was deliberate and calculated at all times, he wasn't "drunk".

That the gards refused his mealy mouthed snitching as that of another busy-body time waster with a rock-bottom trigger threshold is beside the point.

If I said what he said I'd expect to be banned. I've been on several free speech forums in 15 years, all of them you'd get a perma ban for those antics. No question. It's mad that the guy is still here.

8. SwordOfStCatherine

Look the worst thing you can do in any Celtic culture is to tout, to snitch, to run to the authorities without having very good reason to. While the Cornish and Ulster Prods are capable of taking this to sometimes unhealthy extremes it is actually something socially useful in that it makes it much easier for trust to develop among people. It was the ethic that I was raised in- indeed I remember once that my da gave me a clip around the ear for touting on my sister to him over something (I really annoyed at her at the time- but I realized almost immediately after that that I had dishonoured myself at the very least through being a rat). Very possibly you were raised with a very different ethic, but you should at least try to understand the core points being made by Tadgh and The Potato Mystic in their reactions.

9. Youngdan

Yes, but that is how real life works.
    Everyone must report anything dodgy they see.Many might be rejected but it is better safe than sorry

10. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Toby Carlton-Hogge Member Political Irish

This forum is a discussion platform,a chara, not a community.

If you want to start a 'community forum' off your own bat and control who posts and who doesn't, go right ahead.

You need to kind of understand that concept, Timmie, it's not too difficult.

11. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

I do that already and I expect the mod team to act. As I say, no need for alien spies in our community. I would say there should be no place for them. roc should not have the same posting rights and privileges as respected members of our community. That's my opinion.

12. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Read the bottom of this page, Dipshit.

13. Youngdan

Well I gave you my opinion. I am not privy to the thinking of Hans and Rick on their decision.
    All I know is that the must adhere to the law and banning a poster is not going to prevent him or any random reader reporting anything.

14. roc_

roc_ Member Political Irish

The owners need to decide if they want a "community" or a discussion forum.

A community has something in common, typically values and a shared identity. Stormfront.org was a "community". Whereas Politics.ie and such places are "discussion forums".

When I mistook this site for a discussion forum, I expressed my own views and sentiment as well as I could.

But if it is in fact a "community", well I have no desire to be any part of a group that to my mind exhibits values, beliefs and identifications that are thoroughly anti-social.

It does in fact confirm my suspicions that politicalirish.com is a "community".

15. Youngdan

Every report is appreciated, even if rejected. They are seen and decided upon by someone. It is the first thing a mod will check when he sees the notice on the top left hand side.

16. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

It's on the front page that this is a community. It's a community that values free speech and logical argument. There is no requirement to have any particular political opinion. You have often seen how far apart the likes of myself and Youngdan are on many topics. Your problem is that you are not able to call in the mods to defend you when you are loosing the argument - as you do on Politics.ie. Once you realised that, you ran to the police hoping that they would back you up. Well, it seems they told you what you could do with yourself - and now you are back here with your tail between your legs moaning about not being allowed free speech. What a joke you are.

17. SwordOfStCatherine

I have reported one or two posts by Dwayne because I believed seriously that they could get the site into serious trouble. Myles and probably Dwayne himself would consider that scumbag territory but it isn't something I feel guilty about because I trust the mods here to be just. However claiming to have gone to the peelers and threatening to do so again over stuff is qualitatively different.

Youngdan and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  18. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Toby Carlton-Hogge Member Political Irish

PoliticalIrish.com is a platform to create and participate in discussions, using text, links, profiles, audio, pictures, videos and other media (hereinafter referred to as “Material") appropriately.

19. SwordOfStCatherine

Do you realize that Young Dan is a Zionist? Obviously politicalirish.com is not a community the same that Stormfront.org is. However similarly but also dis-similarly to Jews Celts like forming a communal atmosphere which doesn't entail a negation of disagreement.

20. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

"We offer our community engaging debates, topics, fairness and respect."

You clearly have a problem with that last word.