1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Fianna Fáil Gombeen wants state funding for Irish Times and Indo to combat Social Media

Discussion in 'Fianna Fáil' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Dec 3, 2017.

1. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

I despise cannabis smoking and think it has an incredibly destructive effect on people's character and so society at large. However it is something I would never run to the authorities about someone doing or even selling.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  2. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

But many do.

3. SwordOfStCatherine

Also honestly roc_ have you ever followed Stormfront? They are more ban happy than RevLeft which is saying something and expect everyone to conform to a tight ideological position. Here allows anyone and everyone- even those who have claimed to have gone to the peelers complaining about it.

4. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Toby Carlton-Hogge Member Political Irish

"Read the bottom of this page, Dipshit."

Post no. 72 a chara, posted by...........guess who!!!!!:D

5. SwordOfStCatherine

Not in Ireland.

6. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

And comparing this forum to Stormfront is also an underhanded attempt to damage us.

7. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Are you kidding, Ireland is no different than any other country.

8. SwordOfStCatherine

LOL.

Someone has never travelled.

9. roc_

roc_ Member Political Irish

I have never "called in the mods to defend me".

No doubt the mods have stepped in to remove you and others from "discussion". Why was that? It was because you close down discussion with continuous spam and extremist views.

Or in the case of Maxflinn who you mentioned, he would spam with a continuous plague of stories predictably culled from the invidious Palestinian Arab NGO propaganda infrastructure set up in Ramallah. Solely dedicated to perpetuating tropes and stereotypes about Israeli Jews such as their "profiteering", "war-mongering", "cowardice", "scheming", "malevolence", "immorality", "child-murdering", and of a twisted revisionism of Zionism, of "massacres", "expulsions", "ethnic-cleansing", "mass-murder", "land-stealing", "victim-hood", and so on and so forth. Non-stop.

What kind of "discussion" is that?

A good mod is indeed like a good bartender or doorman. They are responsible for the atmosphere and feel. Like a good mod, they give people a chance, but if they turn out to be a dick or a buzz-wrecker - changing the atmosphere that they are trying to nurture for the worse - well then they stop letting them in.

That's why you and others on here are banned from politics.ie. You subvert discussion.

You know too that what I would call "discussion" is something different thing to what I observe too often in this "community". - Rather what I often observe instead is a rationalizing of hatred, to put it plainly. The front page serves up a great "smorgasbord" of rationalisations for prejudice, and the nurturing of it, while within the threads, members of the "community" corroborate each others prejudices.

That may be what you like to call "discussion". And obviously, it is the mods' general judgement too that it constitutes "discussion". - Which is of course what leads to the general "atmosphere" in here, imho of course.

Toby Carlton-Hogge likes this.
  10. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

In other words, the mods over at Politics.ie keep the atmosphere good and Zionist. But fair enough, its their show. I don't miss them in any way. I have a community here that values free speech, and that's all I need.

11. Toby Carlton-Hogge

That says it exactly as it is, spot on

12. Youngdan

I have read many books on the IRA to know that Ireland is probably the place with the greatest number of rats apart from the town of Hamelin.
    It's entire history for a thousand years plus is filled with rats, touts and assorted sell-outs.

13. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Of course, I have been a defender of roc's right of free speech here. Apart from the fact that this is a free speech forum, defeating the other Zionists here is like shooting fish in a barrel. At least roc regurgitates the slightly more intellectual apologia for Zionism, and one can enjoying defeating that better then the silly memes the others offer. Even after he had admitted that he had gone to the police to try and have this community destroyed, I was in favour of letting him back. But, now that I see his totally hostile and unrepentant attitude, I regard him as having expelled himself.

GodsDog likes this.
  14. roc_

What this phrase really means in this context is your own freedom to express your dogmas on a public platform - dogmas that may well cause harm to come to certain groups of minorities. - The "freedom" you conceive of is really your own wish to express those dogmas as taking a higher priority over that potential harm.

15. SwordOfStCatherine

Do you believe that the PIRA should have continued on their campaign regardless?

If they were as riddled with touts as you make out they couldn't have maintained the campaign they did for so long.

16. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Sadly, we have proof positive of the harm your dogma does to the Palestinian people.

GodsDog likes this.
  17. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

True. And part of the recovery pattern in this country is to expel snitches. Not tolerate 'em. Not give 'em free range.

It's a free speech issue only in the same this character undertook actions to take down this forum without even consulting the owners. which is what would've happened if the police carried forward his claims. He essentially undertook actions, to destroy Ireland's one free speech forum, this one.

Both "hate" and "extremist" are arbitrary terms and contingent on the perspective of each individual. Plenty of times people shriek "extremist" and "hate" at views that they simply disagree with, afterall snowflakism is the mandatory ideology of Europe in a very real way.

18. roc_

Be a good lad now and cite a post of mine where I stirred up hatred against the Palestinian people, or said something that would have been likely to cause harm to come to them. Show us your "proof positive".)

(Btw I am not the one making excuses for Arab countries rejecting treaties to give the Palestinians their own state, their keeping the Palestinians in refugee camps, refusing to resettle any of them in their own countries, turning them into cheap and defenseless labor etc. - I am not the one pointedly ignoring the hundreds of disappeared Palestinians rotting in Assad's dungeons. - I am not the one pointedly refusing to call for an end to the rocket attacks that spur Israeli reprisals. - I am not the one attacking the Gaza blockade that stops weapons getting into the hands of Hamas and other extremist groups. - I am not the one pointedly ignoring Palestinian children being indoctrinated and enacted to carry out knife attacks on Jews. - No mate, that's you...)

19. Youngdan

I think the hunger strikers, if knowing the truth about their 3 leaders, starting with Stakeknife, would had a sandwich.

20. SwordOfStCatherine

roc_ when I was a teen I used to believe in the restoration of the establishment of the Church of Ireland in Northern Ireland and along with that the suppression of Baptists, Pentecostal types and Quakers along with Freemasonry (the Orange and Black being included in their number) and all other non-Christian Religions. My sister and my best friend both found this an absolutely horrific idea (it was one I generally kept to myself), and I used to quote at them Samuel Rutherford in his brilliantly executed diatribe addressed principally to Cromwell as regards the toleration of Quakerism- that giving such people liberty was "cruel gentleness and bloody meekness in denying men the truth". Now you will snigger at that as being mental ravings of an ill brought Millie- but my logic was pretty much the same as yours here as regards Tadgh.