1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Fianna Fáil Gombeen wants state funding for Irish Times and Indo to combat Social Media

Discussion in 'Fianna Fáil' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I do not know if Roc actually went to the police. I do not know if Hans and/or Rick got a notice from the police. I do not know anything except that they decided not to ban Roc.

2. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

All of that post denies the Native Palestinians their place in their own native land, and excuses the Holocaust visited on them by Zionist invaders.

3. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

They weren't contacted by the cops. I think it was Rick who said it in the other thread.

But that's not important.

His intention to damage to this website was evident, baldly stated and when he returned he was unapologetic about it.

GodsDog and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  4. Youngdan

So he says that if he sees speech that is illegal and is likely to cause injury to a minority, he will report it. So would a multitude of readers. That is the law. Now we might say that it is suppressing free speech, and it is, but that is beside the point.
    I would assume that he would do the same with P.ie

5. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Respected members of this community would report such speech to you and the rest of the mod team - not use it as a means to damage this community.

GodsDog likes this.
  6. Youngdan

Well I certainly hope that Roc will report anything that he considers illegal to the Mod team here and I certainly will be anxious to prevent hate speech and incitement to violence from wherever it comes from. I have deleted plenty from posters that may have spoken inappropriate content in anger or whatever.
    It is on public record here for not only posters but readers as well. Recently we had a lady log on to point out an insensitive, but legal, post and indeed it was removed.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  7. The Potato Mystic

He said he reported the site to the gards past tense. He only made us aware of this action after he had gone through with it by his testimony. That's the intention to injure the site and management. There's no other intention.

If he went to the management and discussed it with them that would be a different. But he did not do that. Instead he deliberately undertook malicious actions to injure this site and the management.

"Hate" is floating signfier, it could mean anything. If this was Britain the owners would be in the dock and would have to defend themselves. We're not at that stage here but given Trump and cyber-hysteria and dark talk of internet censorship from regime politicians we're not as far behind the Brits as we would like to think. Make no mistake about that.

8. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Toby Carlton-Hogge Member Political Irish

This is not a community, pal, this is a discussion platform open to all who follow the rules laid down by the site owners.

Much as you try to create a kind of setup which seems to try to circle the wagons and denigrate anyone who doesn’t agree with your viewpoint, it won’t work, a chara.

You need to understand that you do not ‘run’ this site with a bunch of lapdogs bowing down before “The Champ”

It would be laughable if it wasn’t true.

9. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Read the bottom of the page, Dipshit.

10. GodsDog

GodsDog Member Political Irish

These few troublemakers, which we all know, clearly don't like the fact that people here are reasonably free to express opinions that are at odds with their own ideologies and those of their mother state/political party/bureaucracy/NGO/handlers and that they are free to produce facts to back up these opinions which they would prefer were kept hidden from the public. For this reason they have come here from other sites that they are still members of in order to sabotage this site.

In order to undermine the kind of unacceptable basic free speech and exchange of ideas that occurs here, be assured, these people have and will continue to use every dirty trick in the book including bringing unwarranted state attention on this website thus undermining the privacy of posters, doxing people, derailing discussions through personal attacks etc etc etc. all with the intention of chilling free speech.

They (Toby/_roc/Ollie) have demonstrated over and over that they really have no interest in having a discussion, attempting to get to the truth about things or in sharing interesting data not likely to appear in our captive media.

Witness the ratio of the number of threads started by these folks versus the number of negative personalised attacks, thread derailling posts and posts undermining and criticising the site itself. Virtually no threads started in the case of these three. It is obvious from the data that these three have no interest whatsoever in creating any useful content for the site or in starting any interesting discussions. Their intentions are only to disrupt.

It seems quite obvious to myself and others here that these posters would like nothing better than to shut down this site so that the heavily neutered and pro government/US/Israel/snowflake sites i.e. boards/p.ie/politicalworld remain the only Irish chat fora options available to us

I don't see the value in allowing obvious saboteurs on a forum when their only
    interest is in undermining, sabotaging and destroying it for everyone else.

I suggest we have a democratic vote on the matter.
    Let the members decide if they want the saboteurs Toby, _roc and Ollie to stay or not

11. Youngdan

Well I want all three to stay anyway.

12. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

That's only because you want somebody - anybody - to back you up on the DPRK.

13. The Potato Mystic

Well, I would disentangle Tobe and Rehn from this guy. I could conceive of both of the former partaking on a permissive free speech board. And I think they do behave abysmally. But it is conceivable they would be permitted to continue on such a board. I don't think membership should be decided by a show of hands either; it's an owner matter ultimately.

However, I can't for the life of me conceive of how this snitch who explicitly boasted about his actions that would result in great harm upon this site and its owners is allowed to post. To this day, we don't even know what he objected to, he didn't even have the basic decency to inform anyone. The report or the PM function is not hard to use. But he claimed he went straight to the police. Allowing someone like that here just boggles the mind. I have never witnessed such a gentle attitude towards such a harmful and malevolent character on a given forum.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  14. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Yes, Toby and Rehn are despicable creatures, but they haven't actually put themselves outside of our community.

15. Turlogh Dubh O'Brien

Turlogh Dubh O'Brien New Member

FF want to give taxpayer's money to struggling private businesses? I vaguely recall them doing something like that the last time they were in government. It's on the tip of my tongue. Something about bondholders and sovereign debt. Nah it's gone. It was probably a bad thing though.