1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Former UK Regime Leader Brown Says UK Misled Over Iraq War.

Discussion in 'Foreign Affairs' started by maxflinn, Nov 5, 2017.

1. maxflinn

maxflinn Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

The former leader of the UK regime: Gordon Brown said his regime was misled over former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein's access to weapons of mass destruction.

The war - fought on behalf of Israel by the US and UK regime's armies - caused the deaths of up to a million innocent people and led to the rise of ISIS.

Mr Brown says US intelligence, which challenged the extent of Iraq's WMD stockpile, was not shared with the UK before it joined the Iraq War.

In an extract from his memoir, the ex-Labour leader says "we were not just misinformed, but misled".
    Mr Brown says he became aware of the "crucial" paper after leaving office.

The Iraq War - which divided British public opinion - began in March 2003, with the conflict and its aftermath claiming the lives of 179 UK troops.

The UK joined the US-led invasion after both countries jointly accused Saddam Hussein of possessing weapons of mass destruction and having links to terrorism.

UK 'misled' over Iraq War, says Brown

2. parentheses

parentheses Member Political Irish

Tony Blair wasn't misled, though. He knew what he was doing.

Of course, it was all on behalf of the zionist lobby

Tadhg Gaelach and maxflinn like this.
  3. OP
    maxflinn

Absolutely agree on both counts.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  4. OP
    maxflinn

I came across some interesting info yesterday on the Real News website.

The former CIA officer who went on to become a whistleblower: John Kiriakou said in an interview with Paul Jay that he was told by his CIA boss in August 2002 that the US was going to invade Iraq in March of 2003, and that his boss had knew this from at least March of 2002, a full year before the start of the war. This means that when Blair met Bush and the unnamed Israelis at Bush's Texas ranch in April of 2002 the decision to destroy Iraq had already been made, and Blair would have known this.

KIRIAKOU: Mhm. Mhm. I think that's exactly what it was. It was all predetermined. I'm convinced of that.

I have a passage in my book where I come back from Pakistan and I'm told that in this new job that I have, I'm going to have to be read into certain top-secret compartments. And I asked my boss, who was one of the associate deputy directors of the CIA, well, what's the issue? And he said, I can't even tell you what issue we're going to work on until you go sign the secrecy agreements.

So I walk upstairs to the floor that houses the Middle East operations offices and knocked on the door. I said, I'm here to sign my secrecy agreements. So he has me sign--it was six different secrecy documents.

And finally I said, alright, well, what's up? And he says, well, in March we're going to invade Iraq, we're going to overthrow Saddam Hussein, and were going to open the world's largest air force base so that we can move all of our air assets out of Saudi Arabia and deprive Osama bin Laden of his ability to say that we're polluting the land of the two holy mosques. And I was so stunned, all I could think to say was, but we haven't caught bin Laden yet. Why would we overthrow Saddam Hussein when bin Laden is still running around? And he put up his hands and he said, the decision's been made, the White House has already made the decision.

JAY: When is this?

KIRIAKOU: This is August 2002.

I learned later that my boss had been told in March 2002 that we would invade Iraq in March 2003. So the decision had been made early on in the Bush presidency.

Iraq War a War Crime - Pushed by Cheney Over Objections of Joint Chiefs and CIA - John Kiriakou on Reality Asserts Itself (7/10)

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  5. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

It's hard to believe that Gordon Brown was really misled over these bogus WMD claims - when tens of millions of ordinary Europeans and Americans weren't. They say you can only mislead people who want to be misled.

maxflinn likes this.