1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

General William T. Sherman - Mass Murderer, War Criminal, Ethnic Cleanser

Discussion in 'World History' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Dec 5, 2017.

1. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

As if you really care. Look I know one Ulster Scot genuine pacifist and her pacifism is full of dark Calvinistic undertones. Violence is sometimes very necessary in my view but outside of sports like boxing or karate when it does break out very unjust things are bound to happen- that is the way of the world.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  2. SwordOfStCatherine

Because a lot of Dixie are our Scotch Irish kinsfolk. I have left behind my adolescent Ulster Loyalism but I haven't left behind my affection for Dixie.

3. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Too good for them, why were they not down south fighting instead of asking irish mugs with no english to get killed for them.

4. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Maybe because most blacks were smart enough to know that the war had nothing to do with slavery, and that the Northern Capitalists didn't have their benefit, or the benefit of any other working class person, in mind.

5. SwordOfStCatherine

Lincoln hated Blacks, and I mean really hated.

6. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

During his famous debates with Sen. Stephen Douglas, Lincoln explained to the crowd: “I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

FACT CHECK: Did Abraham Lincoln Express Opposition to Racial Equality?

SwordOfStCatherine likes this.
  7. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Respected Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

No he did not that is just unfair. He wanted to free them more than anything in the World. You can nit pick stuff from any historic figure especially when they lived in relatively unenlightened times and come up with whatever you want.

I do not know on what basis you believe me to be non-genuine but I resent it, Miss.

Ulster Prods and Dixie Dicks are the same backward-ass hillbilly nation-splitting muppets.

8. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

What is wrong with nation splitting, why here we even split threads, to ensure harmony and happiness.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh likes this.
  9. Myles O'Reilly

Very good point Sir.

10. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Our very own John Mitchel controversially made the point that blacks fared better under slavery in these rural dispensations than in factories of the more urbanised north. He favourably linked more rural based Ireland with the struggle of the south against the more cosmopolitan, industrialised north. I categorically oppose slavery but Mitchel was on point here.

The north is a mechanised, mercantile and cosmopolitan dispensation that eventually morphed into the imperial globalist actor we are familiar with today.

If the south had won contemporary America would probably be a bit more like what Russia is today. Germany might still even have a Kaiser!

11. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh Member Donator Battle Royale

Indeed. 75% of the tariffs prior to the Civil War were collected at Southern ports. No South = No revenue.

12. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

The right of secession wasn't explicitly mentioned in the Constitution, i.e. it was neither allowed nor forbidden. Secession or the threat thereof has been part and parcel of our history. During the War of 1812, the Hartford Convention in Connecticut debated the right to secede of states in New England. Maine seceded from Massachusetts in 1820 and South Carolina had been making secessionist noises since the 1820's (all of which went stupidly unnoticed by the federal government). In 1863, the western counties of Virginia seceded to create West Virginia.

A Supreme Court decision in 1869 "settled" the issue, declaring unilateral secession unconstitutional, but considering it was rendered during Reconstruction, which disenfranchised most Southerners, it doesn't bear any weight. If you look at all the current secessionist movements in the U.S., serious or otherwise, you'll have proof positive of this.

Secession is as American as apple pie and Bourbon whiskey and it will one day come to pass, albeit with plenty of bloodshed.

13. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Lincoln used the Militia Act as subterfuge to call up 75,000 "volunteers" to go after the Confederacy and most historians dutifully nod their head in agreement. The Act was intended for the Federal government to intervene only in the case that the legislatures of states in rebellion requested military intervention to suppress said rebellion. Nothing could be further from the truth obviously.

The usurpation of the Militia Act was the straw that broke the camel's back for states like Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas and North Carolina, which had previously been on the fence. It also made up Robert E. Lee's mind. Although he opposed secession, his loyalty was to Virginia first and the Union last.

How so was it illegitimate? The right of the 11 Southern states to secede was as legitimate as the right of the original 13 colonies to secede from Britain, whose regent was a deranged Hanoverian.

14. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

And that's why I sympathize somewhat with Loyalists in Northern Ireland. As we white Americans really don't belong here, Loyalists really don't belong in the North. However, neither group is going anywhere (yet). And if they support Dixie, more power to them.

I'm not so thrilled with Presbyterians in Dixie or N.I. though.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  15. SwordOfStCatherine

The below gives the arguments as to why it was illegitimate in a restrained manner;

16. SwordOfStCatherine

Ulster folk love Country music, this is true of both tribes but more true of the Prods, and indeed Bluegrass has Ulster roots. This is the real driving force behind interest in Dixie.

A lot of outsiders in Ireland are clueless about just how authoritarianism Presbyterianism is, Southern Irish Generation X Libtards love to moan and whinge about how oppressive their Catholic was however if you question them the oppressiveness of it amounts to their parents not letting them shag their boyfriends or girlfriends in the home. I was raised Presbyterian but left at fourteen because the "Session" told me in order to receive Communion I had to repent of Veganism, my da had tried and failed to slap the vegan out of me and he thought this would work but I simply started attending the Church of Ireland and morphed into the worst type of High Anglican, I used love quoting- "If it is a Scottish Presbytery you are after it agreeth as much with Monarchy as God with the Devil. No Bishop, No King!"

17. Myles O'Reilly

Maybe we should send GodsDog to an Antrim Kirk and see if they can slap it out of him

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh likes this.
  18. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

C'mon, Myles. Really? He wrote a letter in 1862 to Horace Greeley, one of the war's most prominent apologists saying, "If I could preserve the Union by freeing all the slaves, I would. If I could preserve the Union by freeing some of the slaves, I would. If I could preserve the Union by freeing none of the slaves, I would." As late as 1864, he met with freed blacks in an attempt to convince them to migrate to Africa.

Was he as virulent as many Northern abolitionists who wanted blacks out of the picture entirely? No. His decision to "emancipate" Southern slaves (which only served to prolong the war) while leaving Northern slaves be was strictly a cynical war measure.

The industry that profited most during and after the war was the railroad industry. Lincoln got his start as a railroad lawyer. Catch my drift?

19. Myles O'Reilly

No I don't catch your drift you fool.

There you go again selecting quotes from what was an extraordinarily difficult period in which many pacts had to be made, broken and made again. Are you that stupid that you don't know how politics works?

Like I said before, this was one hundred and fifty years ago and despite your (to be honest: ridiculous) selective quoting, a hero set forth and free'd thousands of slaves from the hands of English & Ulster inbreeds (I've a feeling Tadgh has some Scotch blood in him if he had the balls to do the DNA test).
    That you managed to allow them form ghettos and not repatriate them home is not Lincoln's fault nor mine. You must live with the fuck up which was the slave trade so dunnae be coming over here telling us we're taking in too many ni*gers when your own Country is riddled with them.

You get my drift A-hole?

20. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Citing sources to bolster your argument sure beats the hell out of making ill-informed and half-baked assertions and when you can't counter facts, getting bitchy and ad hominem.

Lincoln didn't free a soul, the Congress did after the war, although ironically, Irish and Swedish bond servants kept coming until well into the 1870's. I guess white slaves don't count.

Had Lincoln and the Congress truly been concerned with the lot of the chattel slave, they would have appropriated the money to free them and then compensate the slave owners. Instead, they enslaved more than two million white men in the Union army and slaughtered 750,000 to free four million slaves. That's where it all went wrong.

Speaking of selective quotes, Myles, here's one for you: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017