• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Grand Mufti of Syria - Clonskeagh Mosque has a hall dedicated to Osama Bin Laden

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator

His Grace, Ahmad Badreddin Hassoun, Grand Mufti of Syria.

Seems the Grand Mufti of Syria visited Ireland recently, and this is what he had to say regarding Clonskeagh Mosque. This is from a conversation with journalist Venessa Beeley. Although a Sunni Muslim, he supports the Syrian Government and was thus not welcome at the Muslim Brotherhood Mosque in Clonskeagh.

During my time there (Ireland), I wanted to visit the Mosque but the Parliament security officers advised me against it. So, apparently its easier for the Patriarch to go to the Mosque than me. So, I sent my son, Abdul Rahman, he was wearing casual clothes and he sat in the car in front of the Mosque. Most of the people entering to pray, all looked like ISIS, all the ladies were covering their faces. This is personal, I cannot judge this. Inside this centre which is one of the most beautiful centres in Ireland and England, over five hectares, there is a huge prayer hall and there is a smaller hall which is called “The martyrs of Imam Osama Bin Laden”.

The Irish and British intelligence agencies are allowing the new generation to go and pray and to see this name, Osama Bin Laden, so they are creating a new Osama Bin Laden from this generation. The other hall is Imam Sheikh Qaradawi – this is a hall for lectures. Our halls in Damascus are called Saint Paul, Ibn Rushd, Mother Theresa – its different. They brought Osama Bin Laden, so this is a huge question mark over what the UK intelligence is doing. They can prevent this. I am changing euros to dollars from bank to bank, they can monitor this accurately, why cant they stop this radicalisation?

You can read the full interview here,

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Here is an article from the Guardian that makes the same point,

Dublin imam takes on the fanatics
A Muslim cleric is taking a stand against those who preach Islamic extremism in Ireland and think that the cult of the suicide bomber is noble

Henry McDonald
Sun 14 Jan 2007 00.08 GMT First published on Sun 14 Jan 2007 00.08 GMT

Imam Shaheed Satardien is taking a stand against those Muslims in Ireland whom he claims are too sympathetic to Osama bin Laden and the cult of the suicide bomber. At Friday prayers in the sports hall in north-west Dublin, the South African-born former anti-apartheid activist warns his multinational congregation against blaming other religions and the West in general for all Muslims' ills.

Cast out by the majority Islamic community in Dublin for his outspokenness, the 50-year-old preacher says he has received death threats. 'I am standing firm in my beliefs,' Satardien says. 'The truth is more important than being popular or living a quiet life. Extremism has infected Islam in Ireland. It's time to get back to the spiritual aspect of my religion and stop it being used as a political weapon.'

The imam from Cape Town fled his native country following death threats, he says, from Islamic extremists in South Africa. His younger brother, Ibrahim, was shot dead in 1998 following a row with Islamic radicals in the city. When Satardien was told he would be next, he travelled to Ireland, the birthplace of his maternal grandmother, and pleaded for asylum.

'I never, ever, expected that Muslims would come under the influence of extremists in Ireland when I arrived here with my family. So I was shocked to find support for Osama bin Laden, to discover the presence of the Muslim Brotherhood and even al-Qaeda here in Dublin.'

Satardien fell out with the main Dublin mosque at Clonskeagh, singling out the influence of Yusuf al-Qaradawi, an Egyptian born sheikh who has spoken openly in support of suicide bombers and issued fatwas on gays.

According to Satardien, al-Qaradawi's European headquarters is based at the Clonskeagh mosque in south Dublin. Its own website refers to al-Qaradawi and to Clonskeagh as the headquarters of the sheikh's European Council for Fatwa and Research. The authorities at the Clonskeagh mosque and at the South Circular Road mosque, the other main establishment in Dublin, angrily deny the extremist accusation. They point out that these mosques attract thousands of mainstream Muslims to their doors each week.

Satardien, however, is adamant that extremist Wahhabi sects have infiltrated the republic's 40,000-strong Muslim community, especially in Dublin. 'Young, impressionable Muslims in Ireland are being raised to think that suicide bombers are cool. I know for a fact that when the Americans killed Abu Musab al-Zarqawi [al-Qaeda's leader in Iraq who died after an airstrike in June last year] there were prayers for him in this city. This was for a man who slaughtered other Muslims. What I am trying to do is convince the young people that such practices are un-Islamic, that there is another way,' he says.

Dublin imam takes on the fanatics

Seems the Grand Mufti of Syria visited Ireland recently, and this is what he had to say regarding Clonskeagh Mosque. This is from a conversation with journalist Venessa Beeley. Although a Sunni Muslim, he supports the Syrian Government and was thus not welcome at the Muslim Brotherhood Mosque in Clonskeagh.

During my time there (Ireland), I wanted to visit the Mosque but the Parliament security officers advised me against it. So, apparently its easier for the Patriarch to go to the Mosque than me. So, I sent my son, Abdul Rahman, he was wearing casual clothes and he sat in the car in front of the Mosque. Most of the people entering to pray, all looked like ISIS, all the ladies were covering their faces. This is personal, I cannot judge this. Inside this centre which is one of the most beautiful centres in Ireland and England, over five hectares, there is a huge prayer hall and there is a smaller hall which is called “The martyrs of Imam Osama Bin Laden”.

The Irish and British intelligence agencies are allowing the new generation to go and pray and to see this name, Osama Bin Laden, so they are creating a new Osama Bin Laden from this generation. The other hall is Imam Sheikh Qaradawi – this is a hall for lectures. Our halls in Damascus are called Saint Paul, Ibn Rushd, Mother Theresa – its different. They brought Osama Bin Laden, so this is a huge question mark over what the UK intelligence is doing. They can prevent this. I am changing euros to dollars from bank to bank, they can monitor this accurately, why cant they stop this radicalisation?

What's the source for that?

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
My GOD Another thing that needs to be brought to the Public's ATTENTION...............

Obviously the free state régime knows all about it - to the point of being about to tell the Syrian Mufti that he wouldn't be welcome in the Clonskeagh Mosque.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
As disheartening as all this is perhaps the extreme pace of all this madness will jolt our dumbfxck country men out of their lethargic state.

Most of them will choose to believe that the majority of Muslims in Ireland are like the Mufti of Syria and that the Clonskeagh mob are the minority. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth.

You can read the full interview here,

Anyone know who the two Patriarchs he refers to are?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Anyone know who the two Patriarchs he refers to is?

This must have been the delegation in question,

His Beatitude, Gregory III Laham, Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, and Alexandria and Jerusalem, who is the spiritual leader of the Melkite Greek Catholic Church;
His Holiness, Ignatius Aphrem II of Antioch, Patriarch of Antioch and the spiritual leader of the Syriac Orthodox Church;
His Grace, Dr Ahmad Badreddin Hassoun, Grand Mufti of Syria;

Syrian religious leaders visit Ireland to appeal for help to end war - Catholicireland.net

As disheartening as all this is perhaps the extreme pace of all this madness will jolt our dumbfxck country men out of their lethargic state.
You'd think that, wouldn't you? Yet here we are, 16 years after 3,000 people were incinerated/pulverized in the Twin Towers, standing slack-jawed and scratching our asses.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
You'd think that, wouldn't you? Yet here we are, 16 years after 3,000 people were incinerated/pulverized in the Twin Towers, standing slack-jawed and scratching our asses.

I must say from reading that article about Imam Shaheed Satardien, where he says the Clonskeagh Mosque is teaching Muslim youths that suicide bombing is noble that I now realise that it's only a matter of time until one or more of them decide to achieve "nobility" by carrying out a suicide bombing in Ireland. The fact that the Leinster House Régime is renting out Shannon Airport for the US military to bomb Muslims - and the fact that the Gardaí are so hopelessly out of their depth - makes Ireland a prime target.