1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Half of Longford's population will be of a mixed race by 2050, a public meeting has been told.

Discussion in 'Immigration & Refugees' started by Kershaw, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Kershaw

Kershaw Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

[​IMG]

Half of Longford's population will be of a mixed race by 2050, a public meeting has been told.

Members of the public were informed of the way gardai and various state agencies were already planning to adapt to that changing demographic last week.

At a publically convened meeting of Longford's Joint Policing Committee (JPC), onlookers were told of how empathy, respect and education were helping to drive that change.

Sgt David McInerney, from the Gardai's Racial, Intercultural and Diversity Office said lessons had already been learned from legacy issues brought about by ill advised segregation policies that still faced the likes of Britain and France.

"People came in from countries that were colonised but nobody asked them what sort of police service they wanted," he said.

There were presentations too from agencies that work with Longford's Traveller community and from FAI coaches involved in promoting greater integration at community level through sport.

One of the more intriguing insights came courtesy of Edgeworthstown based businessman Mahool Ahmed.

He revealed how despite moving to Ireland almost a decade ago and despite experiencing three separate car thefts, he now considered himself to be very much part of the wider Longford community.

'We (Muslims) follow the teachings of Islam which both starts and ends with peace," he said.

Mr Ahmed said the rationale behind his decision to move to Longford came after a friend was looking to expand his own business operation.

John O'Brien, an employee from Longford Community Resources Ltd, who works closely with the Traveller community, alluded to how education can play a key role in reducing many of the social stigmas that are still associated Ireland's largest indigenous ethnic minority.

Superintendent Jim Delaney adopted a more defensive tone when responding to claims three quarters of District Court cases involved foreign nationals.

The comments, made by Cllr Micheal Carrigy, were roundly rejected by the Longford Garda chief.

“My experience would be that that is not the case,” he replied.

http://www.longfordleader.ie/news/home/280520/longford-to-be-mixed-race-county-by-2050.html

See also: 'We must learn from Britain's mistakes', Longford policing meeting on diversity is told

No debate at all on whether the people of Longford want it. They are just told they must have it and in fact the council knows they already desire it due to their empathy, education and respect. Pretty weak attempt to butter them up, I think.

Apparently Britain and France had ill-advised segregation issues?

What, when they migrants segregated themselves into their own enclaves ?

And apparently they weren't asked what police force they would like and that caused problems.

Well they sure got a police force that pandered to them regardless — one that would turn a blind eye to a Muslim rape gang epidemic.

BrianBoru, PapaQuebec, Una and 3 others like this.
  2. Liberal D4'er

Liberal D4'er Member Political Irish

The peope of America and Australia weren't asked when milk bottle white Irish arrived to take over their land.

Why should the Irish people be asked when the brownies arrive here?

3. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh Member Donator Battle Royale

It's heartening to see Longford's most controversial farmer rolling his sleeves up and making political hay out of this.

BrianBoru, Tadhg Gaelach and Kershaw like this.
  4. OP
    Kershaw

[​IMG]

5. OP
    Kershaw

You think this is a just punishment for colonising Australia and America?

6. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

LD4'er has been grinding the same old saw for so damn long, it can't cut through a piece of paper now.

7. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Do you read at all? Did the Know Nothings and the KKK allow them to take over America? The overwhelming majority of Irish arrived as bond servants who were in many instances treated much worse than black chattel slaves. They were under someone's boot for generations.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  8. Templar

Templar Member Political Irish

This is Treason anybody voting for this or pushing this agenda is a Traitor

9. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Of course they weren't asked - but the Native Americans and the Native Australians had the courage and human decency to defend their ancestral lands as best they could and resist the invaders. Sadly, the same can't be said for our trendy Irish Libtards. Quite the opposite. The Irish elites are the enemy of the Irish nation.

10. Tadhg Gaelach

To be honest, the way things are going, I'd say Longford will be 50% immigrant \ immigrant background well before 2050. I don't think these figures are taking full account of the catastrophic collapse of the fertility rate of the Native Irish - which will get worse as the population gets older - and abortion is inevitably forced on the Irish people by hook or by crook.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Kershaw and Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh like this.
  11. OscarAlpha

OscarAlpha Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish

Was it right then, is it right now?

BrianBoru and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  12. OscarAlpha

OscarAlpha Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish

Certainly its there for the taking, I really can't imagine the people of Longford being too happy about this.

If the town had lots of investment and jobs it may well get away with it, as it is the town is on its knees and surely trouble lies ahead.

Kershaw, thelimit and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  13. Tadhg Gaelach

When will the Irish people ever be asked what sort of police service we want? I suspect the first thing we would ask is to disband the Gardaí and replace it with an honest, disciplined and accountable force.

BrianBoru and Kershaw like this.
  14. Liberal D4'er

As are the immigrants here in Ireland. Your point?

15. Liberal D4'er

It depends what they were going for - if to explore a new land then Yes it was right once they didn't impinge on the rights of the natives.

If it was for fortune and to plunder that land then no it wasn't right.

16. OP
    Kershaw

So do you regard what it is happening now in Ireland as a just punishment for colonising Australia and America?

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  17. Liberal D4'er

I don't think its a punishment at all.

I think it's a very positive thing not negative.

18. OP
    Kershaw

And you believe the colonisation of Australia and America was very positive?

BrianBoru and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  19. Liberal D4'er

I'm indifferent to it. I don't think it was very positive or negative. I think it was done however for the survival of the white race - thats why they ventured out to colonise other lands as well as gain a fortune.

20. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

I wouldn't waste my time any longer rebutting his "arguments," Kershaw. He's thick as a brick, incoherent and a stroke.

BrianBoru, Tadhg Gaelach and Kershaw like this.