1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Hamas Agree to hold elections

Discussion in 'Foreign Affairs' started by Setantawatchl, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

This is really big news and I'm quite surprised that there is little comment on it. Is it because people don't believe them? Is it because it it might help the region?
    In my view the announcement, after talks in Egypt, can only be a good thing for Palestinians and for Palestinians in Gaza. Palestinians need to be united and a United Palestine is in a better position to talk about a resolution to the conflict. Palestinians or Israelis are just people like everyone else they have the same dreams and aspirations as everyone else, however when people find themselves in conflict situations extreme thinking and goals are introduced.
    If there were meaningful talks that lead to a peace agreement (I know that involves concessions on both sides dealing with the settler issue etc etc) and there was peace, and I believe this has to be possible, then you would see a huge rise in the standards of living of all the peoples in Palestine and Israel.
    Do you believe Hamas are sincere, have they become weary and have no choice, will elections happen? Is this not a great thing for Palestine?

2. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

I don't agree with your buddies shooting little Palestinian kids dead whilst they are playing Football & then acting like the Middle East is going to become the World's 1st Hippie Commune...

kalipa44 likes this.
  3. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

meaning that you are unhappy that Hamas would hold elections?
    quite revealing.

If the people in the region do eventually achieve peace I would imagine that there would be a forum to deal with the atrocities carried out during the conflict. Remember that in Ireland during the civil war we carried out atrocities against each other, more recently in NI and Britain there were atrocities carried out all over the world where there is conflict there is atrocities. To me any death is an atrocity and cant be condoned.

4. Dublin 4

I never mentioned Hamas or Elections.

I contextualised your Cruelty to "Flower Power" Propaganda Swap...

5. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

no you responded in the negative to a thread that deals with possible elections, That means you would rather the status quo you, it would seem, care less about the Palestinians you pretend to give a damn about. Palestinians deserve to live in peace I'm sure ordinary Gazans in particular would welcome this.

6. Dublin 4

It's very clear I condemn the Status Quo as I contextualised the sly way that your buddies kill little Children & then act the innocent.

7. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

what do you think of the Hamas promise of elections, is that to big of a question to contextualise?
    and it wasn't clear.

8. Dublin 4

kalipa44 likes this.
  9. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

Who is my Bunch?
    I support a two state solution and if Hamas are to be believed and that's a big IF (I hope they stand by their word though) then there is the basis for first meaningful talks between Israel and the Palestinians for over 11 years. This can only be positive, there has been more than enough killing.

10. Dublin 4

[​IMG]

11. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

Orthodox Jews?

Have you got an opinion on anything?

At least you are a Zionist thats something!

12. Dublin 4

13. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

14. Dublin 4

[​IMG]

15. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

Posting a picture of a Jew in reply to the question who is my bunch is a tad crass
    If your going to bide your time them why are you responding at all
    Your pictures and links are all over the place and have no meaning
    The only half literate thing you said was that you supported a two state solition

16. Dublin 4

Posters are entitled to Post that they are reserving their Judgment / maintaining a Watching Brief...

17. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

Stop repeating yourself

18. Dublin 4

19. Anglophile

Anglophile Member Political Irish

Hamas are holding 'talks' about getting together with Fatah, and holding elections...:rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath!!:smiley: