1. Welcome to Political Irish. Guests may post but all posts are restricted to approval. Why not open a free account and join our other members and post without restriction. Click Here to sign up!

NO OFF TOPIC POSTS ALLOWED Immigration, Good or Bad ? Open Debate thread.

Discussion in 'Immigration & Refugees' started by Real Europe, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Real Europe

Real Europe New Member Political Irish

I have been having a conversation with several people on my You Tube channel in regards to my You Tube channel.

Its hard to debate on there with the format they have, so this is an open thread for anyone who wants to debate from my channel or immigration in general.

2. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Posting Legend Political Irish

Appalling in a large scale- zero benefit.

No kind of life for a lot of Immigrants either, from the Irish Homeless in London to "Poles on the Dole" here in Ireland living in Bedsits...

3. Kershaw

Kershaw Posting Legend Political Irish

Which is the thread? Is it under a video?

4. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Posting Legend Donator Political Irish

That's an excellent point a chara. Naturally enough, we get upset by what mass immigration is doing to Europe, and Ireland in particular. But we also need to focus on how mass immigration destroys the immigrants themselves and their countries.

On an individual basis, each immigrant that settles here has a better life than at home from a purely monetary point of view. They will often get a free house here, free education for their children up to and including university, free health care, and a whole host of other social benefits that would be unthinkable in their own country. But, the downside is that they are permanent aliens. They can never walk down the street and see native people without feeling guilty. In some of them, that guilt turns to anger and hatred of the native people. And when they go home on holiday, they now feel like aliens among their own people too. The entire world has become alien to them. And this alienation and anger then passes on to their children, who are then left with a burning hatred of their host country. Sometimes this hatred takes the form of an Alan Shatter, who abused his position as a government minister to flood Ireland with immigrants, hand out 80,000 Irish passports to people who had no connection with Ireland whatsoever - all in the hope of destroying the native population of Ireland forever. In others, it takes the form of joining radical groups - and eventually carrying out suicide attacks on the native population.

And then we have to consider the destruction that mass emigration does to the countries they come from. We saw how here in Ireland the loss of our youth over many generations put a backward and brain dead régime in Leinster House, that is still wreaking havoc and destruction on our land. Ireland has become a Dictatorship of the Dross. In African and Asian countries this brain drain is even worse. I posted up an article that said that the Philippeans now only has one doctor per 33,000 people. Why? Because they train doctors and nurses - and the likes of Ireland steal them away. India produces over one million engineers every year, at great expense to the poor. And yet, the poor Indians get no return on their investment. Most of these engineers are stolen away by Western countries.

And we see here the utter lies and hypocrisy of the EU régime and its sub-offices, like Leinster House. If they actually wanted to help these countries they could make the hundreds of billions they are wasting on taking in migrants available as investment capital to the countries where the migrants are coming from - and thus not just help a tiny minority but the whole country. How many billions have now been spent on taking in migrants from Libya and Syria? And yet, until the EU and NATO decided to arm and fund Islamic terrorists in those countries, Libya and Syria were two of the most prosperous and stable counties in the world. Far from aiding countries, the EU helps to destroy any country that is starting to prosper.

At the end of the day, we know what all this is about. Europe's population is aging, and that threatens corporate profit. So armies of military age young men must be driven into Europe to keep wages down and rent sky high. The EU is based on psychotic criminal greed - not on humanitarianism.

Further reading,

Immigration is Soul Murder - The Undead

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    Atlantean Irish and Dublin 4 like this.
  5. Kershaw

Immigration is Europeans' biggest concern, poll finds

Immigration is the most pressing concern for Europeans, overtaking the economic situation and unemployment, according to a new Eurobarometer survey.

Thirty-eight percent of Europeans regard immigration as their main policy priority, the spring Eurobarometer poll published on Friday (31 July) found, a 14 point increase from last autumn.

Migration has been pushed up the political agenda as thousands of migrants from north and sub-Saharan Africa cross the Mediterranean Sea in search of a better life in Europe.

https://euobserver.com/news/129815

Stands to reason it would be a big topic of conversation on an anti-censorship forum.
    This isn't the RTÉ forums or boards.ie 2.

Dublin 4, Ire-land and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  6. Art

Art Posting Legend Donator Political Irish

I guess that leaves me in the overwhelming majority of 62% who do not obsess about immigration.

7. Kershaw

You got it wrong there.
    The largest share of people thought immigration was the biggest concern.
    Others had different concerns at no.1 but immigration might have factored at no.2.
    It's a big issue for people much as the establishment would like to deny it.

Ire-land and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  8. Tadhg Gaelach

I'm not in the least bit surprised. I'm sure if you heard a group of Native Americans talking in the late 19th century, their main concern would also be mass immigration. Same with the Native Australians. For years now, the Liberal media has managed to make it taboo to even mention immigration - but if you push people down enough, even mass media taboos will loose their effect and people will start speaking out. I'm sure mass immigration has been the main concern of Europeans for years now, but it's only now they dare to say so publicly.

Ire-land and Kershaw like this.
  9. Art

Explain how I got it wrong, 100 - 38 =62. It seems you struggle with maths as much as you struggle with English

10. Kershaw

That 38% of people ranked immigration as their biggest concern, doesn't mean they didn't rank it at no2.
    And it doesn't mean they all had the same other concern ranked as no.1.
    Plenty of censored forums out there if you prefer those and I know pro-mass immigration people usually do.
    This forum is useful because it has an anti-censorship agenda.

Ire-land and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  11. Tadhg Gaelach

We have a situation in Europe today where if any Nationalist Party knocks on doors they will be greeted by 4 out of 10 people who's main concern is mass immigration. We can be sure that immigration will feature as a main concern of a great many more. It's time to take politics out of the hands of the bourgeois parties.

Una and Ire-land like this.
  12. Art

It doesn't mean they did rank it at number 2 either. All we know for sure is that for 62% of people immigration was NOT their main concern.
    ???? So what?? It doesn't change the FACT that for 62% of people immigration is NOT their biggest concern.
    I have never supported censorship. I am also dead against mass immigration. All I am suggesting is that these topics be confined to a section of the forum and not be allowed to totally dominate it, by for example, people interjecting racist / xenophobic comments in just about every thread no matter what the subject matter.

13. Kershaw

Asked about their main concerns, immigration remains on top of the issues facing the EU most frequently cited by citizens (45%,-3 percentage points since spring 2016). Terrorism (32%,-7) remains the second most frequently cited item. It is well ahead of the economic situation (20%,+1), the state of Member States' public finances (17%, +1) and unemployment (16%,+1). Immigration is number one concern for the EU in all Member States, except Spain and Portugal.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-4493_en.htm

So immigration is no.1.
    Terrorism is no.2.

hmm, wonder if there is a connection there.....

And most posts on immigration go into a section called 'immigration and refugees' so wish granted.
    http://www.politicalirish.com/forums/immigration-refugees.191/

Una, Tadhg Gaelach and Dublin 4 like this.
  14. OP
    Real Europe

Its in the comments of this video.

Tadhg Gaelach and Kershaw like this.
  15. OP
    Real Europe

Apologies if you feel this way, I did ask the moderation team if I could set up this thread as an extensions to my You Tube channel. I was involved in some debate in the comments section but became frustrated that it was hard to follow a particular conversation so I wanted to link the contributors to this site to increase the conversation on both sides.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
    Tadhg Gaelach and Dublin 4 like this.
  16. Tadhg Gaelach

A chara, no need to feel sorry about anything. No one poster has the right to dictate to others what they should be interested in. It's up to the admin team to make any editorial decisions - not ordinary members. Art and his ilk have every opportunity to write OPs expressing their own views. But, instead, they haunt other people's work and snipe from the sidelines. Hurlers on the ditch, they are called. You are doing great work for our nation - here and on You Tube. I commend you.

Kershaw, Ire-land and Dublin 4 like this.
  17. Ire-land

Ire-land Posting Legend Donator Political Irish

But Ireland is flooded with Indians and Pakistanis, with more coming in by the day, and we do have an Indian Taoiseach, these are statements of fact. What pisses you off about it?

Una, Kershaw and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  18. Ire-land

Ire-land Posting Legend Donator Political Irish

Are you aware that a lot of people would call you a racist and a xenophobe for being against mass immigration?

Have a think about that.

Una, Tadhg Gaelach and Dublin 4 like this.
  19. El Chaval.

El Chaval. Well-Known Member Political Irish

Regarding the O.P
    I think a little immigration is healthy. But, it must be tightly controlled and people need to be vetted.
    You should be expected to provide proof of sufficient funds, a clear criminal record, a job offer, a place to stay and a limited probation time after which your case is reviewed.
    I also think if you are involved in prison-worthy criminality then you must be deported straight after release.
    I also think the numbers coming in should be based on our employment figures and adjusted accordingly.
    I also think businesses should only be allowed to hire one foreign worker for every five Irish workers they employ.

maxflinn, Kershaw and Art like this.
  20. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Posting Legend Political Irish

Lookit - when it comes to Immigration, 80% Voted in favour of Restricting Immigration in 2004 but RTE & the Irish Times constantly undermine that.

You will always get a lot of that 80% expressing their position either on this Site or in the Journal Comments Feed etc...

Una and Tadhg Gaelach like this.