1. Welcome to Political Irish. Guests may post but all posts are restricted to approval. Why not open a free account and join our other members and post without restriction. Click Here to sign up!

NO OFF TOPIC POSTS ALLOWED Immigration, Good or Bad ? Open Debate thread.

Discussion in 'Immigration & Refugees' started by Real Europe, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Posting Legend Donator Political Irish

Certainly. And they will be joined by plenty of Catholics that don't want to be involved in such a disaster. I couldn't, in all honestly, recommend a United Ireland to any Unionist at this point in time.

2. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Posting Legend Political Irish

For selfish reasons I want a united Ireland because being dissolved in the ROI could well make Ulster folk cop on to themselves. However if it means the ROI joining NATO I'm against it. Also the way the EU is going people have rights to be very wary.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  3. Una

Una Well-Known Member Political Irish

God I hope the EU Blows the F.... UP !

4. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Posting Legend Political Irish

I wish it had already! The sooner it is out of the way the better for everyone of even vaguely good will.

Una and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  5. Art

Art Posting Legend Donator Political Irish

IMO targeted immigration is a good thing. If we can persuade industrialists, scientists, the best doctors and other such professionals to live and work here in numbers which allow for their full integration into Irish culture and society it can only be good for the future of the country.

We definitely do not want to attract the failures, the diseased, the bogus asylum seekers and other criminals from other states to our shores.

To this end there should be some simple rules introduced around illegal asylum seekers. Such as,

A list of countries be compiled which we consider meet international standards and so from which there is no asylum. Automatic and immediate deportation.
    You have no more than 72 hours after illegally entering the country to announce your presence and register your claim. If instead the authorities have to find you, you are immediately deported, no discussion.
    The applicants should be held in a holding centre pending a decision which, barring exceptional circumstances, should be made within 1 week.
    There should be only 1 appeal allowed and If they wish to exercise this they remain in the holding centre pending the outcome which should take no longer than 2 weeks.
    Failed asylum seekers should be deported within hours of their appeal failing.
    Successful applicants should be given a probationary right to remain. Any felony offence or a few misdemeanours should result in their temporary right to stay being revoked.
    The asylum seekers' right to stay should be reviewed periodically to see if the original justification is still valid. For instance there could have been a beneficial change in government in their home country.

2pacs likes this.
  6. 2pacs

2pacs Well-Known Member Donator Political Irish

Problem with taking the highly educated migrants is we rob their countries of highly skilled workers who could and would improve those countries.

Tadhg Gaelach and Kershaw like this.
  7. Art

I don't really care about that. We do what is good for our country. I don't see other countries refraining from head hunting our highly trained professionals in case it hurts us.
    As a country a large sector of our wealth generation comes from foreign multinationals. If we wish to continue to reap the benefits of this sector we can hardly tell the CEOs of these companies they cannot manage their businesses here in Ireland because they are foreign.

8. Coolwhip

Coolwhip Well-Known Member Political Irish

Have you ever watched gumballs video on immigration?

Stealing skilled labour from poorer nations makes long term problems and we will never fix the issues with poor immigrants.

We need to train our own workforce for the skilled jobs.

Madness to have our own nurses working abroad whilst we import nurses from all over the world.

Kershaw and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  9. Kershaw

Kershaw Posting Legend Political Irish

I think you should care, it's not ethical and they'll use it to ram more immigration down our throats by saying we poached all their elite and so we must bring their needy.

10. Art

??? what's with the strawman?? I haven't said we should 'import nurses from all over the world, or from anywhere for that matter.

Dublin 4 likes this.
  11. Art

But you see Kershaw, everyone knows you don't really care two hoots about the countries these people emigrate from. All you care about is any excuse to stop immigrants entering the country. So please save the faux concern. :rolleyes:

This is just the latest meme from the 'how to justify... ' manual of extreme racists.

12. Kershaw

Incorrect. I do care for them
    ...in their own countries.

13. Tadhg Gaelach

Yes, we see the ugly truth about these "humanitarians" here. In reality, they are burglars robbing a poor persons house.

Dublin 4 and Kershaw like this.
  14. Art

:tmnt::tmnt::tmnt:

I don't suppose given your hatred of our own 'regime' there is any chance of you becoming some other country's immigrant?? :wave1:

15. Tadhg Gaelach

The Philippeans now only has one doctor for every 33,000 people. And it's not that they haven't made the sacrifices necessary to train enough doctors and nurses - it's that the likes of Ireland have burgled them.

Dublin 4 and Kershaw like this.
  16. Art

Correction. We do not have any Filipino doctors working here. And there was an embargo on hiring nurses from 2009 until recently since which the HSE has been actively recruiting Irish nurses who left to work abroad during the hiring freeze. Why has Ireland lost so many doctors and nurses?

Score 0/10 You really must try harder.

Wait a minute... What was that?? Quick!! you'd better hurry and pack your bags. I am sure I just heard the fat controller calling you.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  17. Art

Out of curiosity do you object to English or American citizens living and working in Ireland ?

18. Kershaw

Are they Irish?

19. Art

??? I thought the adjectives English and American kind of answered that question.
    However lets try again - No, they are not Irish.

20. Kershaw

There are a lot of Irish people born in England and America.
    What ethnicity are they?
    What would they be working at?