• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Interesting YouTube Vids.

Finished Symphony

Political Irish
Some wives/girlfriends must love the American Military Industrial Complex. When soldiers are half-way across the planet enriching millionaires - there's plenty of cheating time to be had. They even post about it online. This video follows similar themes.

Last edited:

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Political Irish
Donator
Interesting interview with the US soldier responsible for watching over the Nuremberg prisoners. The topic of conversation is Georing.

I believe that Georing was an exceptionally interesting and brave man. How could it have all gone so wrong?

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Political Irish
Donator
Well, maybe the answer to that is that Germany only got one chance at fucking up an invasion - but the USA has fucked up every invasion it has ever carried out - but seems to get away with every single one of them. Indeed, US politicians running for election almost need to say - I was against that last invasion that we fucked up - I would never do anything like that....:rolleyes:

The Potato Mystic

Legend
Political Irish
Germany lost because they thoroughly misread the Anglo-American world. They thought it would be Queensbury rules with their Anglo-Saxon cousins and that America and England were "normal" states bound by Whestphalia that would eventually come to their senses but the Anglo-American civilisation had long broke away from European codes of conduct and had assumed a commercial character and thus implemented a form mechanised annihilation therapy against any rivals so as to secure a global hegemony. Of course, Germany made total war itself but there's a distinction between Europeans attempting to obliterate each other and Europeans falling on the Asiatic world. Both maybe monstrous but the former is a unique form of schizophrenia.

Anyway here's Edda, Georing's daughter. You can see the resemblance! German/Swedish speakers won't have a problem with this. English speakers will need to mess with the settings to bring up some imperfect English subtitles. This interview was in 1986.

amsterdemmetje

Political Irish
I believe that Georing was an exceptionally interesting and brave man. How could it have all gone so wrong?
As ai have said before he was one of my favourites too and I'd know as I read books on WW2 and one of the first Irish people to go there when Ireland joined Europe.

Finished Symphony

Political Irish
An unusual way to travel with potential exposure to bad weather, sneaking around train yards avoiding 'bulls' (train yard security) who frown upon such activity. It's in four parts. Here's the first.

Last edited:

amsterdemmetje

Political Irish
I watch cctv of a fence for a living all day so no interest in watching more tv on my time off. I saw a fox today. He was looking at the fence for ages but decided against trying anything.​