• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Is Iran undergoing Regime Change

Youngdan

Staff member
Donator
Lets get the ball rolling on another friendly thread. It would appear that demonstrations are beginning to grow and the internet is shut down.

This is likely to be a complicated situation and we shall see if anything develops. President Trump says he is keeping a close eye on the situation. It is hard to see military action taking place but who knows.As I said elsewhere, Trump is not afraid of taking action so anything could happen

New economic protests in Tehran challenge Iran's government

Militarily, the problem for any action against Iran is the sheer size of the country. This is why potential attackers tend to be quite careful. It is, in some respects, like the last days of the USSR with the religious politburo trying to cling to power. However, if there is no organisation behind the protests, they can be picked off individually.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
This site is ruined. We can't even discuss the main headline on the Drudge Report. Without this shitehawk trolling instantly

You are trolling. You know very well that there is no regime change in Iran or anything like that. Some people held a protect. That's it. There were probably thousands of protests in the USA this week.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Militarily, the problem for any action against Iran is the sheer size of the country. This is why potential attackers tend to be quite careful. It is, in some respects, like the last days of the USSR with the religious politburo trying to cling to power. However, if there is no organisation behind the protests, they can be picked off individually.

There's protests like this in Iran quite regularly, as Iran is generally a democratic country where it's legal to protest.

OP
OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Donator
You are trolling. You know very well that there is no regime change in Iran or anything like that. Some people held a protect. That's it. There were probably thousands of protests in the USA this week.
Can you just not go away, as maybe me and jmcc can discuss this in peace. You are a pest of the highest order.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Can you just not go away, as maybe me and jmcc can discuss this in peace. You are a pest of the highest order.

You can discuss what you want, nobody is stopping you. In fact, I haven't seen you discussing anything in a long time - it would make a change from your constant trolling.

OP
OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Donator
We saw how quickly power can evaporate as soon as the perceptions change. It happened when the wall came down, when the USSR fell, when Romania fell, and recently when Mugaby fell. One moment he was feared, the next he was an old man and the only question was whether to kill him or not.

Iran is more complicated as it is a huge country with many nationalities

The US could easily break this country apart with a show of force.

Trump is surely listening to hawks telling him that this is a golden oppurtunity to do something Reagan did not have the balls to do.

Looks to me like yet another colour revolution attempt in Iran (a la "green revolution"), taking advantage of gullible youth
who have taken to the streets with some valid grievances, against their government and greatly influenced by
relentless torrents of anti Iranian western propaganda on social media

No doubt the Albert Einstein institute and the National Endowment for Democracy
and all the usual suspects are pulling strings from the shadows.

Might be an idea to bone up on this stuff to understand how it all might unfold.
Good article and links on the subject here. Land Destroyer blog is a good source on the subject:

The Albert Einstein Institution: A Critical Examination of Elite Co-option of Civil Disobedience - Indymedia Ireland

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Looks to me like yet another colour revolution attempt in Iran (a la "green revolution"), taking advantage of gullible youth
who have taken to the streets with some valid grievances, against their government and greatly influenced by

No doubt the Albert Einstein institute and the National Endowment for Democracy
and all the usual suspects are pulling strings from the shadows.

Might be an idea to bone up on this stuff to understand how it all might unfold.
Good article and links on the subject here. Land Destroyer blog is a good source on the subject:

The Albert Einstein Institution: A Critical Examination of Elite Co-option of Civil Disobedience - Indymedia Ireland

I wouldn't even say it's that much. These are actually much smaller than the protests in the US against Trump.

OP
OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Donator

According to Aljazeera, it is basically an economic problem. The people have a reasonable gripe. That is that the government should not be expending treasure on Syria, Hezbollah and Gaza etc but instead concentrate on their homeland. Instead inflation in foodstuffs is 40% over the past 6 months.

Perhaps the US has decided that the track under Obama was a drastic mistake and now Trump has decided otherwise, who knows. It seems that economic sanctions are beginning to bite.

OP
OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Donator

I do not watch TV myself but this is Fox News.That is the report that conservative people are getting here. They willbe ery happy watching this.

From what I remember of previous protests, there is close control over internet and mobile communications there. The funny thing about the colour revolutions is that the presstitutes in the Irish media took them at face value without ever bothering to think. I don't know if you remember what happened over 1984-1991 but there was a wonderfully funny programme on RTE interviewing idiot academics in Dublin on why the USSR and Warsaw Pact collapsed and they were explaining why nobody saw it coming. The thing was that a lot of people with an IQ over room temperature saw it coming. Two major aspects crippled the USSR and the Warsaw Pact. The first was Star Wars. It forced the USSR to compete financially with the USA and track the USA's military spending. The second one, which went largely unnoticed, was Regan's directive on oil pricing. This was far more damaging to the USSR as oil was a major export and a source of tradeable currency. The USSR Rouble was a black currency at the time and could not be traded internationally. Economic warfare is far more devastating for some countries and it often does not require shots to be fired in anger.

OP
OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Donator
From what I remember of previous protests, there is close control over internet and mobile communications there. The funny thing about the colour revolutions is that the presstitutes in the Irish media took them at face value without ever bothering to think. I don't know if you remember what happened over 1984-1991 but there was a wonderfully funny programme on RTE interviewing idiot academics in Dublin on why the USSR and Warsaw Pact collapsed and they were explaining why nobody saw it coming. The thing was that a lot of people with an IQ over room temperature saw it coming. Two major aspects crippled the USSR and the Warsaw Pact. The first was Star Wars. It forced the USSR to compete financially with the USA and track the USA's military spending. The second one, which went largely unnoticed, was Regan's directive on oil pricing. This was far more damaging to the USSR as oil was a major export and a source of tradeable currency. The USSR Rouble was a black currency at the time and could not be traded internationally. Economic warfare is far more devastating for some countries and it often does not require shots to be fired in anger.
It is reported that the internet is down.
Iran blocks internet on third night of protests

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator

The USSR didn't collapse. Russia, Ukraine and Belarus withdrew from it. After that there wasn't any point in it. The question is - How were they able to withdraw from the Soviet Union? And the simple answer to that is that Gorbachev was a weak man who didn't have the will to kill. The likes of Yeltsin should have got a bullet in the back of the head in a back yard of the Lubyanka and that would have been the end of the dissent. In fact, the USSR was in pretty good economic shape at the end of the 1980s. It's debt was tiny. Sure, low oil prices hurt, but they hurt Russia today and it isn't collapsing. As for Star Wars, there was no real need to compete with that at all. The USSR was unassailable militarily. If Andropov hadn't been taken from us so soon, we would still have the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact today. That is the fact of it.

As for Iran, there is no weak minded milksop like Gorbechev in charge there. Any serious subversion will be crushed without mercy.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
There is, however, one bit of regime change that I'd like to see in Iran, and that's to bring back Ahmadinejad. He is a world class leader with vision and authority. I would also like to see Iran rebuilding its nuclear weapons program. The US Régime under Trump is weak and divided. It is fighting for its own survival at home and will do absolutely nothing to prevent Iran becoming a nuclear armed state.

OP
OP
Youngdan

Youngdan

Staff member
Donator

We will wait and see but Iran could turn into a US ally overnight.

Okay from what I have heard now these demonstrations were primarily driven by opposition to privatizations which is fair enough (which were in essence about trying to appease the forces behind the "Green" movement). However we all know about how the legitimate industrial unrest in France in April and the start of May 1968 was hijacked by Ultra-Leftists, criminal elements and most probably the CIA out to punish De Gaulle who plunged that nation into chaos during May and June of that year. My waters tell me though that we will not being seeing a similar situation emerge here.