1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Is the Sports Protest a New Awakening

Discussion in 'Culture & Community' started by Youngdan, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I am starting a discussion today on what might be the biggest social change that I have witnessed in my lifetime. The US, but indeed all modern societies, have in my opinion been totally brainwashed to fixate on what is basically little different than a few kids playing in their back yard. It is actually a hysteria similar in many aspects to Tulipmania or The Salem Witch Trials. The absurd nature of all three can only be recognized by the general population after it has passed.
    I reckon this fixation began in the 60s and has been growing more intense ever since. Once sports was a pastime and for a modest sum you could take the kids out to a game and get them a soda and a hotdog. Practically everybody could afford to do so.
    Then something changed. It was actually a fantastic mass brainwashing whereby all of a sudden people became convinced that they actually owned a part of the team and the teams success or failure had an impact on their lives.

Dwell on that for a moment. People here will spend a fortune on say painting their truck in the Patriots logo. In his mind that fellow has "skin in the game". He believes that he is in fact a shareholder of the company and he and Robert Kraft(owner) are partners. He is part of "Patriot Nation", he sees himself as part of a tribe. He will spend money and leave the family in need of food to actually be part of the tribe.

Now however there is a conflict. Being part of this tribe is in conflict with being part of the bigger more mental tribe that could be described as the USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA Tribe.

They are hit with a mental obstacle and there is no way about it as they are mutually exclusive. There is great anger. Many now have been forced out of what basically is a cult. They are like a woman scorned.

The result of this may well be the total demise of the sport tribe, should it continue. The amount of money needed to feed this tribe is absolutely mind boggling.

The Commissioner, Cowdell? is paid I heard 40 million a year for example. That needs a lot of suckers. Going to a Patriots game can cost $400 when all is added up. You wake up the next day with a hangover, an empty wallet, maybe frostbite and a nasty thing called a wife(soon to be an alimony payment)

so let's kick off the game and see how this plays out, it is more indepth of course but I don't want the post to last as long as these drawnout games.

2. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Bookies are big money, so major sports stars being connected to organized crime isn't outside the realms of possibility.

Besides Soros and nihilistic spoilt brats I suspect that the major force behind "Black Lives Matter" is organized crime.

3. maxflinn

maxflinn Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I caught fleeting glances of news stories related to this and some Trump tweets and others moaning about said tweets but haven't really looked into it.

Can you give us a quick rundown of the chain of events and why Trump got involved, Dan?

It all sounds very interesting.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  4. OP
    Youngdan

Some believe that sports was deliberatly elevated in importance as a distraction to things that actually impact a person's life. Like war, education, health etc etc etc

5. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Looks to me as another sign of the break up of the USA. If you have brown skin there's no reason you should give any loyalty to the US régime - or a Constitution written by slave owners and which has never been put to a democratic vote. I'm pretty sure there will never be a white US president again after the Dotard.

6. OP
    Youngdan

It is an offshoot of the blacklivesmatter protest. They are protesting the blacks getting shot by cops. These black players are as dense as boulders of course so it is easy to really sucker them. The only one that you can be sure of to have a brain on the football field is the QB, with a few exceptions the rest will be dragged through collage just to play ball. These fools could end up no longer earning big money if the golden goose actually wises up. Up to now of course, the goose was even more brainless than the players. He was not stupid, he was brainwashed so the brain has been completely switched off. However now the brain has received an unexpected outside shock and low and behold, it is functioning somewhat normally. On seeing these clowns now disrespecting The Flag is a great shock to the system.

They are not reacting very well to this shock, which of course I would expect because it is normal, and being normal is a new experience to these guys of a Sunday during football season

maxflinn likes this.
  7. maxflinn

maxflinn Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

A view on it from the right:

And from the left:

I'll now watch both.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  8. OP
    Youngdan

This is worldwide really.
    Consider Ireland. For months we had people in Mayo in a complete trance about their superbowl. God alone knows how far into financial desperation some went to support their team. They actually believed it had a bearing on their life whatsoever. Hopefully none were so addled that they killed themselves after it as someone told me they lost with some lad choking a kick or something.

Observe the effects of the brainwashing as I assume it is like here.
    Here you will see a family with kids and even the children will hall a Brady shirt or whoever. These cost about $125 here and it would not surprise me that the Mayo version would cost 20 euro.
    The bigger problem is the kid from his earliest memory will be focused on something that means absolutely nothing. He will be totally lobotomized to anything at all that is actually important.

Is this not a form of child abuse

Generation Snowflake and Kershaw like this.
  9. Generation Snowflake

Generation Snowflake Member Political Irish

Televison changed it, its similar to the radio. Families used to sing and play together and be a lot more music orientated, as it was a form of cheap entertainment.
    But then everyone got a radio. So instead of listening to you brothers off key music, you could listen to "professionals", and all kinds of different types of music, and people, in general, lost the motivation/will to sing or play themselves and as a family.

Same thing happened with television. Why watch the local amateur squad when you can watch the best of the best, competing for bigger and bigger prize pools. All of which is fueled by you as you are the one who is funding it, buying all there crap.

The jersey itself is the primary piece that needs purchasing, the uniform. Which is why burning it is a big statement.

When you say tribe in general your talking about your ethnic group or national identity, i think everything else is just piggy backing on top that.
    The jersey being used in a way like a flag. National anthem played at the games. The sport is not in conflict with the primary US identity, or should not be if they want to attract people.
    But if it is somehow at odds with their identity, then you will see what your are seeing now, conflict.

What I would be asking is why are these NFL teams allowing it ?

Men in general can be content with their thing, whatever it is. They have a routine, sports night and a few bears watching the games.
    The system/government loves this. Man drives to work, drives home to suburbia, turns on the tv, watchs the game. Repeats. But you fuck with their routine you will get a reaction.
    So why mess with it ? These nfl owners are not stupid, they know this will cost money.

This looks like divide and conquer to me. Some tribe somewhere is pushing buttons to get the other tribes attacking each other.
    I think its the same as the blm scum or identity politics, all pushing a divide and conquer agenda.

Kershaw likes this.
  10. OP
    Youngdan

No, TV has not the change, we had TV in the 40s.
    What changed was the fact that players were paid huge money before the gates got large. thereby creating THE STORY. Then people rushed to see the story and then the gates could be increased. It was extremely clever psychology, in essence putting the cart before the horse.

Kershaw likes this.
  11. Ire-land

Ire-land Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Jason Whitlock, who's a top quality sports journalist in America imo, offered another angle to this in an interview I saw with him a few months back, and it's probably a more telling one, because I really do see it as one big leftist folly. It's also quite a sad angle too in ways.

According to him, Kaepernick, who kicked it all off, never bonded with any of his black teammates because he wasn't seen as properly black by them- he was raised by a white family who adopted him after his black father left his mother, and she put him up for adoption.

He thinks it was initially driven by some deep rooted issue in Kaepernick to prove his blackness, and he immediately got huge black cred for it, and obviously teased out his hair into a giant Afro at the time too. Whitlock is obviously black so could get away with saying all this stuff, and he's not prone to talking shite either, so it all seemed very reasonable.

I find it kind of funny that all this could quite possibly have been created out of some poor kid's insecurities about himself.

12. Generation Snowflake

Sorry but tv only kicked off in in a meaningful way in the 50/60's in america. Im not disputing what your saying, it has merit.

if this is to be believed, i was looking for ownership per decade, television in the 1950's and transformation of american entertainment - Home

Television Comes to America, 1947-57
    "The number of homes with TVs increased from 0.4 percent in 1948 to 55.7 percent in 1954 and to 83.2 percent four years later."

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Kershaw likes this.
  13. OP
    Youngdan

Not so. Everyone had a TV in the early 50s

Golden Age of Television - Wikipedia

All sports were on TV in the 50s

14. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Sport is were the globalist regime tries to stuff peoples primal patriotic/tribal instincts into. That's why the regime here still likes the GAA, why International football is extolled, the Olympics. All the patriotic instincts are shunted off and ventilated from the areas that matter into the areas that don't.

It's very palpable in Ireland and Europe. It's more complex in America where a muscular American military is still needed for these globalist wars.

15. Generation Snowflake

/
    My numbers are different to yours, irrelevant. I dont know exactly how many there are, neither do you. Nothing you said countered what i said.
    Trends and movements take time, at what point in time they start to pick up and take over takes time. I only put out my point of view on it.

Why are they doing it ? Thats the whole point of your thread ?
    Why are they promoting conflict that is threatening to break up the sport itself ?

Kershaw likes this.
  16. Generation Snowflake

1) I think this is a great thread, didnt mean to railroad it.

2) I like your answer on the rise of sport in the us.

3) I think this could all be about Trump. I think there's a civil war going on among the elites of america.
    North korea thing is a way for Trump to get a rise in the polls. Popularity/Nationalism tends to rise with the blood, like when talking war. Its given him a bit of a boost in the polls.
    I think hes been listening to his son in law, who comes from a tribe that knows better then anyone about group cohesion. He getting his base riled up, ratcheting up the blood so to speak. Looking for another boost in the polls. Why the owners of these teams are fighting back is a funny one, as they stand the most to lose.

17. Anglophile

Anglophile Member Political Irish

18. OP
    Youngdan

That is the most important thing to understand, that this mania did not just develop by accident. It was contrived because it was so beneficial.

Not only is it a political distraction but it is far better than they could ever imagine. It actually pays for itself and turns a large profit. The target dummy ends up paying for his own lobotomy. Producing propaganda like Fox, CNN NBC etc etc takes a heck of a lot of money. The cost of cable TV now can be anyplace but lets say it is $200. Practically everyone I know gets a package to allow them to watch sports and they are bundled so that you get everything. So when the game is finally over, which is Thursday night to Monday night in the case of football, college and pro, you can watch CNN or another sport. Even before this hullabaloo, the news was basically sports, weather, traffic, a fire and maybe a murder, or in other words about absolutely nothing at all.

I first read about this scheme written by a lad in 1964 who knew the plan and was therefore able to predict it with uncanny ability. A person plucked from the 1960s would be dumbfounded to see it today.

The fellow also predicted gay rights, environmentalism, immigration and a ton of stuff. He knew the plan

maxflinn likes this.
  19. Generation Snowflake

What do you think about the stadium scams ?

How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers
    Public financing of football stadiums: This is how they do it Public financing of football stadiums: This is how they do it
    Column: NFL version of 3-card monte: the Super Bowl Scam Column: NFL version of 3-card monte: the Super Bowl Scam
    The Rams Return to Los Angeles. Watch Them Closely, Taxpayers. The Rams Return to Los Angeles. Watch Them Closely, Taxpayers.
    The Stadium Scam Goes Vegas - Lawyers, Guns & Money The Stadium Scam Goes Vegas

maxflinn likes this.
  20. OP
    Youngdan

No they are not promoting it. It sprung out of noplace. It is a disaster.

The Great Awakening is the people coming to their senses and casting off the spell.

The Great Awaking is not my term, it is given to a widespread and rapid changing of public mood or belief

Great Awakening - Wikipedia