• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Is this the future of Western Political discourse?

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine
maybe she needs to go offline for a while and meditate and laugh.
She doesn't go online much at all, she is picking this up from people she is studying with. She is very prayerful- she does though have a Russian attitude about the importance of seriousness, so well joking about isn't her thing. She doesn't though left people studying with her know how she feels or thinks- she lets my husband and I and our friends know, but that is because we invited it. This is as thing about people who say they love diversity, very often they base this on superficial interactions as opposed to really dealing with core stuff and often core stuff is what matters when things "come to the crunch".

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine
I'm sorry Miss but I have a reflex reaction to foreigners living here having a go at the place.
That's fair enough. She had a very romantic idea of Ireland before she came here; the thing that morons like Emily don't understand is that Tadgh is a lot more impressive to outsiders than COG and Leo little girls' socks. And rationally and justly so. So in their desperate desire to please they have done the exact opposite.

Is this more down to a smart phone/tablet in everyone's hand, everyone thinks they have an expert opinion on everything, which tends to come from a small number of sources.
Theses sources are becoming fewer and fewer as the facebooks, googles, twitters, reddits etc.. continue to filter their content to adhere to a particular narrative/mindset.

So people in the facebook/google/twitter bubbles will have their opinions enforced, whereas those that have left those platforms will by default be more contrary to those views.

In the past it was ok to be ignorant, and say i dont know. Now everyone has to have an opinion on something, or have their voice heard.
I suspect a lot of this is due to not having a voice anymore in society as communities are dying, which would have acted like a collective voice on your behalf.

Also in the past you tended to need to actually read about a subject and process it yourself to know something on it.
Now there's a summary of everything that people can access, but would you have come to the same conclusions of the person writing the summary if you actually read the thing yourself.

I think its come to this because the mainstream media and also third level education has become so incredibly agenda driven, dishonest and propaganda based that anyone searching for the 'truth' will end up looking elsewhere (online usually) and find the discourse or conversations they desperately want to have in 'real life'. They then might end up permanently rejecting the 'mainstream' for lying to them their whole lives and elevate the likes of JP to almost mythical status.

Steven Pinker explains it well in this clip

She doesn't go online much at all, she is picking this up from people she is studying with. She is very prayerful- she does though have a Russian attitude about the importance of seriousness, so well joking about isn't her thing. She doesn't though left people studying with her know how she feels or thinks- she lets my husband and I and our friends know, but that is because we invited it. This is as thing about people who say they love diversity, very often they base this on superficial interactions as opposed to really dealing with core stuff and often core stuff is what matters when things "come to the crunch".
sword, tell her this joke and if she dusnt laugh, then u know shes in trouble -

i dont like russian dolls, theyre so full of themselves.

thats the best i can do sword.

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine
I can't remember the last time I heard a serious discussion in the English language mainstream media. You only get serious discussion on the likes of Politicalirish.com - and even here we are beset with trolls who try to derail everything.
You fit into none of the groups mentioned- you aren't part this problem, if Ireland finds a solution you will be a part of it. Tadgh seriously you should consider doing a blog because you do have a lot to give.

Last edited:
Another reason i think this is occurring could be due to everyone needs third level education to be an 'real adult' in society now.
This has the great benefit of keeping the young off the live register and competing for jobs, but it is also a money racket for these colleges as more and more gender study degrees get spat out.

But previous generations, may have done at best, junior cert levels of educations and then been forced into the workforce in some level.
They would have had to learn for themselves to survive, and so be more able to discern horseshit from bullshit.

Whereas now, by the time people have left education, they will have gone through 16 years of primary/secondary/college indoctrination, and at this point your brain is far less likely to accept new ideas and far more likely to be hardwired to a particular ideology.

I have talked to a few older men who have gone back to do postgrad in colleges, and they have to be very careful about what they say even in a small room of what should be peers, or potentially get in a lot of trouble, as the snowflake generation is very strong in our colleges.

As an aside, if they had a more classical education, then i think people would be more able to think for themselves, like teach some philosophy at an early stage in schools, but I dont think they want thinkers.

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine
Another reason i think this is occurring could be due to everyone needs third level education to be an 'real adult' in society now.
This has the great benefit of keeping the young off the live register and competing for jobs, but it is also a money racket for these colleges as more and more gender study degrees get spat out.

But previous generations, may have done at best, junior cert levels of educations and then been forced into the workforce in some level.
They would have had to learn for themselves to survive, and so be more able to discern horseshit from bullshit.

Whereas now, by the time people have left education, they will have gone through 16 years of primary/secondary/college indoctrination, and at this point your brain is far less likely to accept new ideas and far more likely to be hardwired to a particular ideology.

I have talked to a few older men who have gone back to do postgrad in colleges, and they have to be very careful about what they say even in a small room of what should be peers, or potentially get in a lot of trouble, as the snowflake generation is very strong in our colleges.

As an aside, if they had a more classical education, then i think people would be more able to think for themselves, like teach some philosophy at an early stage in schools, but I dont think they want thinkers.
The problem is that we have very little choice in the line of march- Brussels, Washington and Tel Aviv decide.

I like the idea of my own TV channel.
YouTube was your best bet until very recently. They're clamping down on 'controversial' channels.

Thinking Ape/Stardusk has been left alone so far, probably because he has a small enough audience.

Certainly one of the best out there in my humble view.

Last edited:

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
YouTube was your best until very recently. They're clamping down on 'controversial' channels.

Thinking Ape/Stardusk has been left alone so far, probably because he has a small enough audience.

Certainly one of the best out there in my humble view.

Yes, I commend all these people who are putting forward an alternative view - particularly now as the ZOG corporates are clamping down so hard on freedom of speech. As for myself, I'm working on a project at the moment that takes up most of my time, but once I have that more advanced I'd certainly be open to doing something like that.

The problem is that we have very little choice in the line of march- Brussels, Washington and Tel Aviv decide.
I had to look that up, line of march, makes sense :), and i think some are being deliberately directed off a cliff.

One of my first posts was there any Mustapha Mond types left, or is this all a case of too many cooks and not enough chefs.
I suspect its all a result of trying to squeeze as much of of the system as greedily possible, and the ones that might have cared and understood where our collective was heading are long dead or impotent. Whoever is directing us now does not have our interests in mind.