• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Is this the future of Western Political discourse?

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine
I had to look that up, line of march, makes sense :), and i think some are being deliberately directed off a cliff.

One of my first posts was there any Mustapha Mond types left, or is this all a case of too many cooks and not enough chefs.
I suspect its all a result of trying to squeeze as much of of the system as greedily possible, and the ones that might have cared and understood where our collective was heading are long dead or impotent. Whoever is directing us now does not have our interests in mind.
This is the point- we need a rebirth of Irish Nationalism under the circumstances we live under, how do you get that on a mass scale?

Speaking of political discourse, I'm starting to find it all very tedious.
Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm on a political forum -- I don't do the auld ironing very well.

Very much of late, I've thought about retreating into a sort of Walden-esque obscurity for a little while.
The whole idea of living an uber simple existence with as little technology as possible, with the chirping of blackbirds as background noise rather the vapid chatter of Pat and Patricia Eire.
That really appeals to me.

I don't know if I'd quite go for the austerities recommended by Thoreau.
But if I could figure out a way of limiting my internet use, which I need to use for work, to a few hours a week so I'm not eating into my savings, then the rest should be easy enough.
I'm not very materialistic as it is.

A nice semi-secluded spot in the 'Wesht' would do me grand.

Last edited:

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
This is the point- we need a rebirth of Irish Nationalism under the circumstances we live under, how do you get that on a mass scale?

I think the only way to do that is the way the IRB did it in the late 19th century and early 20th, and that's by concentrating on culture and art. I'm often disappointed that even a Nationalist forum such as this one is not really very directed on culture or art. Because if we continue to have the culture and art of the enemy, then we are always already defeated. And that's why PIRA was defeated. They didn't fully understand the importance of the Cultural Revolution. So much so that Adams and McGuinness were able to settle down to bourgeois British lives in their later years.

I wish i knew, so far Im only finding out what i think would't work.

Re nationalism, right now im not see anything happening unless it revolves around job/pension/economy. Its about the only thing that will unite western peoples these days.
This is why brexit is the big one, if it forces us back to a form of economic nationalism, as in an end to free trade everywhere which is at the core of globalism, it might have a chance.
The worst thing this country ever did was join the euro, give up your currency and you give up control over your economy.
That and free trade, which is giving over control of your borders to bilderbergs and their ilk, as you are opening your country up to economic invaders, like we see now.

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine
I wish i knew, so far Im only finding out what i think would't work.

Re nationalism, right now im not see anything happening unless it revolves around job/pension/economy. Its about the only thing that will unite western peoples these days.
This is why brexit is the big one, if it forces us back to a form of economic nationalism, as in an end to free trade everywhere which is at the core of globalism, it might have a chance.
The worst thing this country ever did was join the euro, give up your currency and you give up control over your economy.
That and free trade, which is giving over control of your borders to bilderbergs and their ilk, as you are opening your country up to economic invaders, like we see now.
I am unsure as to how to handle this mess. I know it has to be handled. Things are going to get worse before they get better. My hope is that out of the worst will come the best- but that may very well not happen.

I think the only way to do that is the way the IRB did it in the late 19th century and early 20th, and that's by concentrating on culture and art. I'm often disappointed that even a Nationalist forum such as this one is not really very directed on culture or art. Because if we continue to have the culture and art of the enemy, then we are always already defeated. And that's why PIRA was defeated. They didn't fully understand the importance of the Cultural Revolution. So much so that Adams and McGuinness were able to settle down to bourgeois British lives in their later years.
Art - Definitely
But as someone who works in the art world I can tell you that you will not find a more conformist, braindead, unquestioning and wretched hive of scum and villainy.
The conformity of opinion within the art world as regards libtardism/progressivism is absolutely terrifying.
If let my opinions be known to my colleagues and peers I would never work again and would certainly be shunned by almost everyone.
I can tell you also that the grant system seems to be predicated on how 'left' you are and almost all the arts institutions are being given cash to promote the current agenda.

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine
Art - Definitely
But as someone who works in the art world I can tell you that you will not find a more conformist, braindead, unquestioning and wretched hive of scum and villainy.
The conformity of opinion within the art world as regards libtardism/progressivism is absolutely terrifying.
If let my opinions be known to my colleagues and peers I would never work again and would certainly be shunned by almost everyone.
I can tell you also that the grant system seems to be predicated on how 'left' you are and almost all the arts institutions are being given cash to promote the current agenda.
Have you read Black List Section H?

maxflinn

Legend
Donator
Is this more down to a smart phone/tablet in everyone's hand, everyone thinks they have an expert opinion on everything, which tends to come from a small number of sources.
Theses sources are becoming fewer and fewer as the facebooks, googles, twitters, reddits etc.. continue to filter their content to adhere to a particular narrative/mindset.

So people in the facebook/google/twitter bubbles will have their opinions enforced, whereas those that have left those platforms will by default be more contrary to those views.

In the past it was ok to be ignorant, and say i dont know. Now everyone has to have an opinion on something, or have their voice heard.
I suspect a lot of this is due to not having a voice anymore in society as communities are dying, which would have acted like a collective voice on your behalf.

Also in the past you tended to need to actually read about a subject and process it yourself to know something on it.
Now there's a summary of everything that people can access, but would you have come to the same conclusions of the person writing the summary if you actually read the thing yourself.
Good post. I might add that in the US especially while the eejits from both sides are being fed opinions they're also becoming more entrenched than ever before and rather than aiming their anger at the corrupt system, the ruling elites and the media who fill their heads up with shit Republican supporters blame the Democrats for everything and vice versa.

It's a vicious circle of brainwashed ignorance and wasted energy, repeated every four years with the same outcome: the rich getting richer, the poor poorer and the wars continuing under the guidance of a blue or red president working for the elites that are raping the country.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
Art - Definitely

Yes a chara, none of that surprises me.

From what i know/heard in the north, IRA didnt want its active members settling down, kids, mortgage. As then your priorities can change dramatically, and they become settled/vulnerable.

Good post. I might add that in the US especially while the eejits from both sides are being fed opinions they're also becoming more entrenched than ever before and rather than aiming their anger at the corrupt system, the ruling elites and the media who fill their heads up with shit Republican supporters blame the Democrats for everything and vice versa.

It's a vicious circle of brainwashed ignorance and wasted energy, repeated every four years with the same outcome: the rich getting richer, the poor poorer and the wars continuing under the guidance of a blue or red president working for the elites that are raping the country.
Ireland isnt too far from that two sides of the same coin choice in America. Fianna fail and fianna fail light, have been the primary choices here.
We also have had a number of political dynasties that have lead us into the arms of globalists and hedge fund managers.

Yes a chara, none of that surprises me.
What I meant to add Tadhg is that there is no chance of any art being funded, supported or distributed that questions the globalist agenda or is in any way nationalistic in tone

There is a film in production however that concerns the Famine - Black 47
I'm very interested in how it turns out but not holding out any hopes.
A serious film or even better a tv series about the famine years could really rouse some nationalistic sentiment

Black 47 (2018) - Plot Summary - IMDb

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
From what i know/heard in the north, IRA didnt want its active members settling down, kids, mortgage. As then your priorities can change dramatically, and they become settled/vulnerable.

Well, the priorities were different in the 1970s and 80s. We weren't in demographic collapse and being over run my mass immigration.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
What I meant to add Tadhg is that there is no chance of any art being funded, supported or distributed that questions the globalist agenda or is in any way nationalistic in tone

There is a film in production however that concerns the Famine - Black 47
I'm very interested in how it turns out but not holding out any hopes.
A serious film or even better tv series about the famine years could really rouse some nationalistic sentiment

Black 47 (2018) - Plot Summary - IMDb
Well, the IRB certainly didn't get funding from the British RĂ©gime either.