1. Welcome to Political Irish. Guests may post but all posts are restricted to approval. Why not open a free account and join our other members and post without restriction. Click Here to sign up!

Islam

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Ire-land, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Ire-land

Ire-land Posting Legend Political Irish Donator

I'm not sure where to start this thread, but this seems good enough?

I thought it would be good to have a place to have a general discussion about Islam, beyond its specific conditional effects.

This woman should be a saint.

Kershaw likes this.
  2. charlestownknight

charlestownknight Well-Known Member Political Irish

Islam should be banned from Europ

Ire-land likes this.
  3. OP
    Ire-land

It has no place in a free and open society, it's undeniable at this stage.

4. OP
    Ire-land

5. FairstoodtheWind

FairstoodtheWind Well-Known Member Political Irish

I spent some time in Istanbul in the Blue Mosque in the late evening and was quite taken by the mood and atmosphere there, with people of all ages/gender coming into pray. Plenty of people in conversation. Have also visited in Mosques in Morocco and the same peaceful environment was evident.

There are plenty of positive aspects to Islam, and they become more apparent given the increasing decadence of the West. More respect for themselves, their families and the still not complete surrender to liberalism and the indulgence of the self. It does seem to reach the spiritual side of the human condition. It also seems to foster a more cohesive drive amongst it's adherents. I am always bemused when i see the random open air praying of groups of Muslims in western countries. Obviously they wish to reflect their growing presence and to wind up the natives, but could you get 3-400 Christians to pray in the shadow of Mecca? Well the Muslims wouldn't let you, of course, but you wouldn't find 3-400 Christians to do it. You find it tough to find 3-400 Christians to pray in a western country. Islam still retains its ability to have people to believe in something, Western people have lost that ability.

I would draw the line with Islam's creep into Europe. It's fine in the Middle East if that's what they like over there, and it makes those countries so cool to visit. Multi-culturalism is when there are different cultures in different place, otherwise we have a mono-cultural nothingburger. Europe has many just as valuable and attractive things going for it. Those things are worth defending.

6. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Posting Legend Political Irish Donator

Could you make a defense of the concept of a free and open society. I'm not convinced it's a good thing. Look at Europe today.

Fragarach likes this.
  7. OP
    Ire-land

Why would you draw the line if there's nothing to worry about?

8. OP
    Ire-land

Other than the fact that we can all discuss these concepts openly, definitively, I'm not sure.

The free and open society I referred to gets spit on every day, based on the very freedom it provides to do the spitting.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  9. Kershaw

Kershaw Posting Legend Political Irish

Good idea for a thread.

FairstoodtheWind and Ire-land like this.
  10. OP
    Ire-land

One of the 100 most influential people in the world 11 years ago.

Who's heard of her since?!

Kershaw likes this.
  11. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Posting Legend Political Irish

For me the Islamic problem is when normal, traditional people come into contact with globalist lunacy for the first time. They degenerate or go feral or just seal themselves off into insular semi-shariah enclaves. In short, the Islamic "problem" is a liberal fifth column problem.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  12. FairstoodtheWind

The problem is that migrants are coming into Europe full stop. Would it be OK if there were millions of Hindus or Buddhist pouring in? Either Europe is for European people or its not. The fortunate thing for Nationalists is that alot of these Muslim guys are vociferous and are being quite foolish in how they act. They give the Nationalists ammunition. Imagine Islam was spot on and lovely? what then would be the reason for not wanting millions of middle eastern and African surplus population setting up here? Do i care if Islam are beheading people in Saudi, or that they make women wear binbags? Nope. They can do that shit over there if they want. Its when they come here thinking they will make it Islamabad 2.0 that the problem arise. Your field, my field.

Perhaps a thread on why Western People have got to be so gullible to let a demographically strident ideology in? Not what's wrong with them, what's wrong with us.

13. OP
    Ire-land

But this is a bloody thread on Islam for fuck's sake.

Set up a thread for whatever you want, I won't stop you.

I'm fully aware of Europe's litany of problems, gullibility included, you don't need to remind me! If I'd called this thread 'Europe's litany of problems', i might be better suited for this discussion that you seem to be insisting upon.

As it stands, Islam is the topic, and it's a disaster for Europe, as far as I'm concerned. And i think this forum needs a thread to discuss that specific issue, which is why I started this thread.

Knock yourself out for all your other threads about Europe's problems. I swear I won't object :)

Kershaw likes this.
  14. FairstoodtheWind

would equivalent numbers of Hindus be a disaster for Europe?

15. OP
    Ire-land

You're starting to sound like a troll.

Would 3+2 equal 4 if I kept insisting that 3=2?

16. Kershaw

It wouldn't be ideal but the totalitarian, militant, expansionist nature of Islam poses the greatest threat.

Tadhg Gaelach and Ire-land like this.
  17. OP
    Ire-land

Brilliant.

It's not as if they're pretending otherwise, this is what I keep saying to people. There's no conspiracy here, it's all right there in front of us, they're not even hiding it.

Kershaw likes this.
  18. Kershaw

Mark Steyn: Suicide by Virtue-Signaling

From The Mark Steyn Show, here's a SteynPost that starts with the curious phenomenon of increased mass Muslim immigration post-9/11. From there, Mark moves on to consider increasing Democrat disdain for the codes and conventions of normal politics, the deathbed demography of Japan, and how the Aussies treated Obama the way Trump treats Mexico. Plus what Steyn calls the biggest story of our time - the great migrations.

19. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Posting Legend Political Irish

If you're talking about Islam in Europe and you're not talking about their globalist enablers then you're only half-talking about Islam in Europe.

I'm not impressed by the Islamic threat as something existential or separate. Some hoddie hyperbole or some preacher demagoguery doesn't persuade me otherwise. Not impressed in the sense that they can "seize" Europe or visions of that sort. Terrorist atrocity tightens the Western security apparatus and is typically done in retribution for Western military activity in the ME. Frankly, I'd expect more terrorist spectaculars given that it only takes a small number of men to implement such attacks.

Otherwise, the high watermark of their influence at executive level are these low-middle ranking politicians who get submerged into the globalist superstructure anyway. The lobbying of the petrodollar states is more provocative but even here these states are dependent on the West to uphold them and their political influence would cease if these conditions were to ever change. Feral types at street level may be prominent fixture in the local sphere but the idea that such types will ever capture the state is laughable.

What we're are facing in the West isn't a "Caliphate" but the Brazilinisation of Europe. A cosmopolitan, post-national "festival" society filled with an increasingly broken middle class, a shrinking wealthy elite sequestered in gated communities all situated in a shopping centre-society disfigured by an astronomical crime rate. The "far right" Islamic religion maybe be *there* but their prospects as victors in high politics is non-existent.

Fragarach and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  20. Kershaw

Some pro-Islam propaganda on German TV

Una, Myles O'Reilly and Tadhg Gaelach like this.