• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Late late toy Show - Rte one

The Potato Mystic

Legend
Political Irish
Maybe it's a youngster's perspective speakin' here but old Byrne had a real knack for it. Fussing about gettin' onto the next segment with his silver haired grandda persona and him trying to handle children's eccentric answers to his A-B-C questions. Then debating with Dustin the Turkey on his annual Late night outing. Y'knew Christmas is coming when Dustin appeared after 9pm. I'm not a wild fan of Gay Byrne to say the least but he did give the Toy show that Bing Crosby touch.

Tubridy? A stunted man-child mingling with kids celebrating "festuvus" gives me the chills. My opinion of these broadcasters sank even lower after the Saville business. Now these types mingling with kids just conjures up in me archive footage of Saville mingling with kids. No, my days of watching the Toy show are definitely over.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Political Irish
Donator
New Halawa teddy bear for Christmas. You have to lock it up for four years in your bedroom - but be sure to keep the walls freshly painted. Then take it to the cinema - and watch real shit coming out of its mouth...

TheWexfordInn

Respected Member
Political Irish
Donator
Did you watch the whole show, and did you enjoy it!
Heh heh, had to say I didnt watch it all that long, I suspect the target audience was slightly younger than me, it didnt captivate me the same way I remember it doing when I was nine years old !!

And its not quite the same without Uncle Gaybo.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Political Irish
Donator
Heh heh, had to say I didnt watch it all that long, I suspect the target audience was slightly younger than me, it didnt captivate me the same way I remember it doing when I was nine years old !!

And its not quite the same without Uncle Gaybo.

True, and Gaybo was showing the whole electronic revolution in the 70s and 80s through the toys.

GodsDog

Political Irish
Tubridy should not be let near children without a rigorous garda vetting procedure and full body cavity search!

Zzzzzzzzzip!

Lemmiwinks is up there for sure! :D