• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Life of Asylum Seekers in Ireland

By Chance I came across this video on You Tube, it shows some attitudes of the Irish towards immigration and how immigrants feel in Ireland.

Just wanted to share with you all.
It seems a bit one sided that they could not find one positive asylum seeker. All of the white commentaries are earning their wage or partial wage from the government or from the system My experience is somewhat different, my barbers, two Lebanese guys are delighted that they are now Irish citizens they never spoke about the process but I will ask them the next time. A Turkish guy I know, now married with two kids, Irish wife, children Catholic, himself Muslim decided when we said he needed a nick name as you do in Ireland, decided to opt for Murphy as in spud Murphy and he delights in the reaction in peoples faces when he tells them this. Also in the Video some asylum seekers came across as true gems and would be a credit to us. I especially like the black guy who basically said Irishness is in the hearts of people. That said the system is deficient, no right minded person wants to treat others badly but unless we as a country can separate the wheat from the chaff this system will go on. It would be stupid and silly to have a free for all. A better system should be put in place in consultation with the citizenry.

Plasticpaddy

Respected Member

By Chance I came across this video on You Tube, it shows some attitudes of the Irish towards immigration and how immigrants feel in Ireland.

These people have no connection to Ireland so they should not have been allowed into Ireland.Ireland should be left alone,people that support them being in Ireland are naive.Why create problems,because frankly these so called asylum seekers are not Ireland's problem.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator

I totally agree that this is a ludicrous situation. Anyone claiming asylum should be heard within ten days of their arrival in Ireland - and then 99.99% of them put on a plane back to where they came from.

Tadhg Gaelach

Legend
Donator
It seems a bit one sided that they could not find one positive asylum seeker. All of the white commentaries are earning their wage or partial wage from the government or from the system My experience is somewhat different, my barbers, two Lebanese guys are delighted that they are now Irish citizens they never spoke about the process but I will ask them the next time. A Turkish guy I know, now married with two kids, Irish wife, children Catholic, himself Muslim decided when we said he needed a nick name as you do in Ireland, decided to opt for Murphy as in spud Murphy and he delights in the reaction in peoples faces when he tells them this. Also in the Video some asylum seekers came across as true gems and would be a credit to us. I especially like the black guy who basically said Irishness is in the hearts of people. That said the system is deficient, no right minded person wants to treat others badly but unless we as a country can separate the wheat from the chaff this system will go on. It would be stupid and silly to have a free for all. A better system should be put in place in consultation with the citizenry.

You'd wonder why Lebanese and Turks were given asylum.

Plasticpaddy

Respected Member
The politicians that create these situations should be deported,but who would want them?

I know a good few Lebanese, one who gained asylum actually came here to work in ballyhaunis where he still lives, workjing for a builder plastering for around 10 euro an hour .he told me when his visa was up hersimply claimed asylum, they think nothing of it. two other brothers took there other brother overland into ireland, i dont know what he is doing now

You'd wonder why Lebanese and Turks were given asylum.
I thing the Turk was given leave to stay or something similar because of Irish wife and kids, to my mind he has immersed himself in Ireland, brings no relations here, proper GAA head, tries to dissuade his kids from playing foreign sports and told me he nearly burst with pride when his oldest daughter made her first communion. learns Irish with the kids at homework time.
The Lebanese guys are Christian I think, dont know much about them, I am going bald so a buzz cut takes about 5 minuets. On the other hand I know some bogies as well.

I thing the Turk was given leave to stay or something similar because of Irish wife and kids, to my mind he has immersed himself in Ireland, brings no relations here, proper GAA head, tries to dissuade his kids from playing foreign sports and told me he nearly burst with pride when his oldest daughter made her first communion. learns Irish with the kids at homework time.
The Lebanese guys are Christian I think, dont know much about them, I am going bald so a buzz cut takes about 5 minuets. On the other hand I know some bogies as well.
Lebanese Catholic nuns have been educating children in Morocco for years, they teach according to the Muslim rules. They have greatly improved the standard of education there and in turn the welfare of the people.