1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Looks like there's an exodus on P.ie

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Vengeful Glutton, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish Political Irish

She only ever had 1 tangle with me & it was here at the time of the pic of the dead Child on the Turkish Beach- I obliterated her & that was more or less the end of her here...

2. anderson

anderson Respected Member Battle Royale Political Irish

I cant understand why anyone would remain on that cesspit anyhow, the bias was gut wrenching, and the site was literally falling apart. An owner who was absent and moderators who moderated with their own political bias.

3. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

She got herself banned.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  4. maxflinn

maxflinn Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

What did she do to get herself banned Swords?

5. SwordOfStCatherine

Not really that odd at all and it had nothing to do with Trump. She doesn't really care about politics outside the issue of abortion and "gay rights".

Her political change had nothing to do with Trump, it had to do with dammit, Eagle cannot let people get to close to her because than they will see her weaknesses and vulnerabilities- things that all of us have- because she has a neurotic need always to appear fabulous and strong. What annoys me about her is that God has obviously graced her with a great deal of intelligence but for all that she might as well be thick as a brick for all the use she puts to it and she was blessed with getting to go to a very Elite English Catholic boarding school but rather than use to that to seek out genuinely interesting people she instead flung herself into being "Cool".

maxflinn and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  6. SwordOfStCatherine

I don't know. I have her on ignore and seldom open her posts.

7. SwordOfStCatherine

On P.ie someone has said that her name has been removed from the members' list which suggests a perma ban.

8. maxflinn

maxflinn Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I think that assessment might be close to the truth in terms of her keeping people at a distance so she remains in her little bubble of safety, but I disagree that her political change had nothing to do with Trump. IMO, it had a lot to do with him as when he started getting stick for being a misogynist she very quickly began to demonise him and in fact was so rabidly anti-Trump after he won that she was single-handedly trying to convince the whole forum of his apparent evilness, lashing out at everyone who supported him, saying they were Trump/Putin fanboys and stooges etc... it got to the point where I genuinely thought she could make herself ill such was her determination to control the narrative around Trump.

Perhaps he reminded her of somebody closer to home...

9. SwordOfStCatherine

I see why you say that but you are forgetting the fact that she is part of the "Unionist Gentry" in TUV country.

She idolized her father though she did say things that suggested he flaunted his infidelity to her mother but than again the "Unionist Gentry" in her part of the country don't really do sexual ethics (you could never be sure who is the real father of who); however I didn't get any suggestions from her of him having a temper.

Her determination always to be in control has made her ill. You know that she is an expert on Astrology? Pretty weird subject for a supposed hard line atheist to be an expert in.

10. Dublin 4

Pie is awful.

I literally scan-check it for a few seconds every few days out of nosyness.

Can someone please clarify this "Exodus" & "banning"?

11. SwordOfStCatherine

I think it is just a matter of Eagle and Dammit getting banned. Hardly a big deal.

12. Ire-land

Ire-land Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

It's so true. One of my best friends, who asked me to be his best man in his wedding, absolutely lashed into me on Facebook, and has essentially ended our friendship because I defended Trump supporters, not even Trump himself. He has completely lost the plot, and his main worry in life now is how to protect his child from the horror of Trump as he sees it. The same could be said for most of my American friends tbh.

13. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Well, Dammit is a great poster and he has come over here - so p.ie's loss is our gain.

maxflinn and SwordOfStCatherine like this.
  14. Tadhg Gaelach

Sad really, given that Trump has become just another Swamp Monster. Maybe not as bad as Hillary, but still wallowing in the Swamp and breaking all the promises he made to the US working class.

maxflinn and Ire-land like this.
  15. parentheses

parentheses Member Political Irish

Yes, she was very intelligent.

I noticed she had got into the habit of getting into spats and making insults against other posters, though. I guess she made a few enemies

maxflinn, Dublin 4 and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  16. Dublin 4

Can't remember what Dammit was politically but this Site is definitely on the up. :cool:

17. Finished Symphony

Finished Symphony Member Political Irish

And often laughably out-of-touch at that. Regurgitate the news like drones and frame others opinions as if they were their own authorship. Year after unthinking year.

Dinosaurs who keep going on about long retired politicians, the troubles, ancient obscure stories no one under 40 cares about.

18. Ire-land

Yeah, the transformation has been almost total, and probably predictable too, though I did hold out hope that he would be different. His inauguration speech especially made me think that he might just have the balls to do the things he said he'd do, but it's been one falling in line decision after another since then. I have made the point to some Americans that they finally got Hilary as president, but it doesn't go down well surprisingly enough. His supporters do seem somewhat appeased by his occasional token working class favourable statement he makes, though.

19. Tadhg Gaelach

The really sad thing is that he has taken to bombing the Syrian government and threatening the DPRK as a way to keep his more brain-dead supporters on side.

maxflinn and Ire-land like this.
  20. Ire-land

The same Syrian government fighting the same Isis that Trump promised to destroy, and they love it. Brain dead is right- you couldn't make it up.