• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Self Moderated Thread MarkHumphrys.com blog.

Irish Warrior

Political Irish
Donator
I found this blog just now with interesting content and was wondering has anyone here heard of this person before. The site is banned in Iran and he's been blocked by most of the high profile liars in the country.
Very strange he's an occasional Irish Times writer with the views he seems to hold.

MarkHumphrys.com

Wnoa

Political Irish
I found this blog just now with interesting content and was wondering has anyone here heard of this person before. The site is banned in Iran and he's been blocked by most of the high profile liars in the country.
Very strange he's an occasional Irish Times writer with the views he seems to hold.

MarkHumphrys.com
He's regularly called a purveyor of lies (on Twitter at least) but I've yet to see this proven. I only really follow him on the MB so am by no means an expert

TheWexfordInn

Respected Member
Political Irish
Donator
I've read his stuff a good number of times over the years.
The good thing about him is that he does seem to be a facts guy - he does appear to believe in proving his case by facts logic and reason whereas those attacking him seem to rely entirely on throwing insults.

OP
OP
Irish Warrior

Irish Warrior

Political Irish
Donator
He's regularly called a purveyor of lies (on Twitter at least) but I've yet to see this proven. I only really follow him on the MB so am by no means an expert
If I listened to Twatter and Fascistbook I'd have dirty dreadlocks, a multicolour tea cosy on my head and be calling everyone maaan.
Aren't we all purveyors of lies to that lot. I've not found anything that suggests he is either.

OP
OP
Irish Warrior

Irish Warrior

Political Irish
Donator
I've read his stuff a good number of times over the years.
The good thing about him is that he does seem to be a facts guy - he does appear to believe in proving his case by facts logic and reason whereas those attacking him seem to rely entirely on throwing insults.
I can relate to him on most of that and having had run ins with a lot of the people he's been blocked by. Al Quadri being the most recent after proving him a hypocrite and a liar with his own words and Qu'ran verses.
Has the blog site been there for years?

Youngdan

Staff member
Political Irish
Donator
He says that he is a neocon and an interventionist. However he says he is Anti-Trump.

Does anyone here think that Trump is not a neocon interventionist ?.

He needs to update his site

OP
OP
Irish Warrior

Irish Warrior

Political Irish
Donator
He says that he is a neocon and an interventionist. However he says he is Anti-Trump.

Does anyone here think that Trump is not a neocon interventionist ?.

He needs to update his site
If he's Anti-Trump he must have updated the site since the election.
There is a discrepancy there.
Maybe he's a libtard that took half a red pill.

Anglophile

Respected Member
Political Irish
Invariably great stuff from Mark.

Pro Israel, anti Islam, anti IRA/Sinn Féin - and regularly takes the piss out of the Hobbit, Higgins.:smiley:

What's not to like??:cool:

Youngdan

Staff member
Political Irish
Donator
he says on his site that he is anti Trump.That's all I know about him

The Potato Mystic

Legend
Political Irish
Trump is more of a neo-Kissinger interventionist, not quite a neocon interventionist. In otherwords, Trump has a semi-pragmatic outlook whereas neocons see it as their sacred mission to spread democrazy around the globe whatever the cost to the American treasury.

Humphrey is one of these twisted neocon imitators here but he has done some good work highlighting left-liberal madness. Like Ganley he's a frustrating character in that way. I suppose he's our Ben Shapiro? Something like that.

Youngdan

Staff member
Political Irish
Donator
Well as soon as he squeshes lardyass, I hope he becomes an isolationist

SwordOfStCatherine

Legend
Political Irish
Invariably great stuff from Mark.

Pro Israel, anti Islam, anti IRA/Sinn Féin - and regularly takes the piss out of the Hobbit, Higgins.:smiley:

What's not to like??:cool:
Oh Tele, what are we going to do with you? o_O

Your fellow "Modern Orthodox" Zionist Jew Peter Beinart wrote a very rational piece in The Forward about why his co-Religionists such as yourself who like to indulge in full on anti-Islam stuff are being incredibly silly billies. You should have a read of it;

""Gaffney and Gabriel also choose the most outrageous quotations from Islamic texts, and the most barbaric practices in use by any Muslims anywhere in the world, to show the supposed depravity of Islam.

But for every Muslim-only laundromat in Malaysia, or Muslim activist who defends rape, there is a rabbi in Brooklyn who defends metzitzah b’peh, which gives infants herpes, or the “chaining” of women to their husbands as agunot. For every defender of jihad, there is a rabbi who defends the erasure of Amalek, against whom the Bible mandates genocide. (Benjamin Netanyahu and his advisers have repeatedly brought up Amalek in discussing the government of Iran). It is for these reasons that the Lebanese-American writer Hussein Ibish has argued that “Islamophobia is a barely warmed over, 20 seconds in the microwave, version of traditional anti-Semitism.”"........

The Orthodox Should Know Better Than To Embrace Hatred Of Muslims

Anglophile

Respected Member
Political Irish

Your fellow "Modern Orthodox" Zionist Jew Peter Beinart wrote a very rational piece in The Forward about why his co-Religionists such as yourself who like to indulge in full on anti-Islam stuff are being incredibly silly billies. You should have a read of it;

""Gaffney and Gabriel also choose the most outrageous quotations from Islamic texts, and the most barbaric practices in use by any Muslims anywhere in the world, to show the supposed depravity of Islam.

But for every Muslim-only laundromat in Malaysia, or Muslim activist who defends rape, there is a rabbi in Brooklyn who defends metzitzah b’peh, which gives infants herpes, or the “chaining” of women to their husbands as agunot. For every defender of jihad, there is a rabbi who defends the erasure of Amalek, against whom the Bible mandates genocide. (Benjamin Netanyahu and his advisers have repeatedly brought up Amalek in discussing the government of Iran). It is for these reasons that the Lebanese-American writer Hussein Ibish has argued that “Islamophobia is a barely warmed over, 20 seconds in the microwave, version of traditional anti-Semitism.”"........

You're still raving - under the mistaken idea that I'm Jewish.:rolleyes:

Back to the drawing board!!!:D

SwordOfStCatherine

Legend
Political Irish

MarkHumphrys.com
He is useful for turning up stuff that you wouldn't get to see elsewhere. The report from WikiLeaks about what the CIA discovered was going on among certain sectors of the Muslim community here I found pretty chilling which he put up is an example of that. However I find a lot of his personal analysis flawed and I'm not a fan of his values.

OP
OP
Irish Warrior

Irish Warrior

Political Irish
Donator

Bloody hell!!!

OP
OP
Irish Warrior

Irish Warrior

Political Irish
Donator
He is useful for turning up stuff that you wouldn't get to see elsewhere. The report from WikiLeaks about what the CIA discovered was going on among certain sectors of the Muslim community here I found pretty chilling which he put up is an example of that. However I find a lot of his personal analysis flawed and I'm not a fan of his values.
I was inquiring as to his reliability as a source of information.
I'll be doing more research. The Anti-Trump thing is strange, if he's pro Hillary there's a serious flaw in his judgment.