• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

More people hate both Celtic and Rangers than like

The only football game in the UK played on politics, is apparently losing support on both sides as people are sick of the religious sectarian rubbish that should never be in football. These are the same idiots who push the gay agenda in football. Religion is good history and SJWs trying to destroy the political side of football are disgusting people.

The only football game in the UK played on politics, is apparently losing support on both sides as people are sick of the religious sectarian rubbish that should never be in football. These are the same idiots who push the gay agenda in football. Religion is good history and SJWs trying to destroy the political side of football are disgusting people.
Celtic and Rangers is more tribalism than religion actually. Matt Busby a devout Catholic wasn't a Celtic fan and nearly signed for Rangers.

IrishPaddy

Political Irish
The Scots are a strange bunch more interested in Ireland than their own country. Maybe their just jealous how we managed to shake the shackles of the Empire unlike them.

The Scots are a strange bunch more interested in Ireland than their own country. Maybe their just jealous how we managed to shake the shackles of the Empire unlike them.
Glasgow is the most Irish city in Scotland, with all the the immigration from the North of Ireland it isn't strange that both sides brought sectarian tensions over. Dundee the next most Irish city has Dundee United who were founded by Irish immigrants as Dundee Hibernian, and there's the first Irish immigrant football Hibernian in Edinburgh. It's more of a west and central Scotland thing, you don't find in Aberdeen so much.

TheWexfordInn

Respected Member
Donator
Over there years Ive been up to three old firm games.
I have to say the atmosphere at those games is something else, cant imagine its replicated anywhere else.

But taking a step back it is completely detesable.

I am totally glad that the suggestions that the two teams join the England football setup was thrown out. People living in London will be used to fans from everywhere turning up in large numbers every Saturday, by and large its all harmonious and we can do without all that sectarian bolloxology.

I am totally glad that the suggestions that the two teams join the England football setup was thrown out..
Yea, it would have been unfair on the other 40 teams in the Scottish League, and the teams that compete in the English Championship, 1st and 2nd Divisions and the National League teams, unless they started in the National League North or South. 1st tier teams in the Celtic Nations operate at the same level as 5th and 6th tier teams in England.

Attendances outside the Semi-Final and Finals of the Iron-Bru Cup suggest that a Celtic League is unsustainable, but a Celtic Cup competition is viable, but that would be dependent on a restructuring of the three Celtic Leagues into three tier systems with National, Provincial and Local Leagues.

TheWexfordInn

Respected Member
Donator
Yea, it would have been unfair on the other 40 teams in the Scottish League, and the teams that compete in the English Championship, 1st and 2nd Divisions and the National League teams, unless they started in the National League North or South. 1st tier teams in the Celtic Nations operate at the same level as 5th and 6th tier teams in England.

Attendances outside the Semi-Final and Finals of the Iron-Bru Cup suggest that a Celtic League is unsustainable, but a Celtic Cup competition is viable, but that would be dependent on a restructuring of the three Celtic Leagues into three tier systems with National, Provincial and Local Leagues.
The team I attend regularly at weekends is my local National League team.
They wouldn't be happy with teams coming from outside and distorting the promotion/relegation numbers meaning our chance of getting promoted to League Two aka the fourth division was reduced

They wouldn't be happy with teams coming from outside and distorting the promotion/relegation numbers meaning our chance of getting promoted to League Two aka the fourth division was reduced
Proper order. By right the National League should be incorporated into the Football League as a 5th Division. That's the level Irish teams are at, and most Scottish teams outside the top 5 or 6. 17 different English teams have reached European Finals, so there's no guarantee that Celtic or Rangers would fare much better than Cardiff or Swansea in the English Leagues, if they were to work their way up from the National League. I don't think teams should be allowed compete outside their own jurisdictions, unless it's in competitions such as the Texaco Cup or the Iron-Bru, where they have to qualify through their National Leagues. I can't see the English teams being interested in Celtic Cup competitions. Crusaders and TNS have proved that the Irish and Welsh can hold their own against Scottish teams outside the top six, by reaching the semi's of this years Iron-Bru. Hibs and Motherwell pulled in gates of 4-5,000 in the early rounds, so I think it's a goer financially. Provincial teams qualify for the Cup competitions in Ireland and Scotland, hence, they could continue to compete in their Provincial Leagues and a Celtic Cup.

2pacs

Donator
Political Irish
And yet there are Welsh teams playing in the premier league.

I would have thought Celtic and Rangers had a goid legal case to be included in the Premier league too.

And yet there are Welsh teams playing in the premier league.

I would have thought Celtic and Rangers had a goid legal case to be included in the Premier league too.
Queens Park, a Scottish club, competed in the FA Cup in the 1880's, but the SFA banned Scottish teams from entering afterwards. Gretna competed in the English League system, but opted to join the Scottish League. Berwick Rangers, an English team on the border with Scotland, play in the Scottish League. Several English teams have competed in the Welsh Cup. Tranmere Rovers and Shrewbury Town.

'From 1996 to 2011, only clubs playing in the Welsh football league system were allowed to enter the Welsh Cup. This rule excluded the six Welsh clubs who played in the English football league system: Cardiff City, Colwyn Bay, Merthyr Tydfil Town, Newport County, Swansea City and Wrexham. On 20 April 2011, the Football Association of Wales invited these six clubs to rejoin the Welsh Cup for the 2011–12 season, but only Merthyr Town, Newport County and Wrexham accepted. In March 2012, UEFA stated that Welsh clubs playing in the English football league system could not qualify for European competitions via the Welsh Cup.' - Wiki

I don't think there would be any legal obstacles to Celtic and Rangers joining the English League, but they would have to enter via the bottom Leagues, which would be the feeder Leagues to the North or South National Leagues. It would take 6 years minimum, if they won promotion every year. It took Rangers 4 years to win promotion from the Scottish 4th Division, instead of the minimum 3. It could take between 6-10 years to get to the Premier League. 17 English teams have reached European Finals, which is the best way to measure the competition they would face to get there. Ipswich, Villa, Forest, Leeds, Birmingham are big clubs, and it's hard to imagine Celtic and Rangers walking over them to get to the top. There is also no guarantee that they could maintain Premier League status, and they would also be giving up their European places, even if they continued to enter the Scottish Cup.

The other alternative is a British Super League, but there would be huge opposition from all directions. An All-Ireland soccer League, and restructured Welsh and Scottish Leagues, with 16 team Premier Divisions, tweaking the current Provincial League and Cups, is far more realistic and achievable. Celtic and Rangers would lose 8 League fixtures, but the financial risk would be minimal, with huge financial spin-offs from the guaranteed sell-outs and TV revenue in Ireland and Wales in Celtic Cup competitions.

Sadly, with a Donkey like Delaney in charge, it's never going to happen.