1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Mozart

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Old School Nationalist, Jan 12, 2018 at 12:37 PM.

1. Old School Nationalist

Old School Nationalist Member

What is your favourite piece by Mozart and why? Culturally European people should culturally appropriate what is actually theirs. I can say my greatest piece by Mozart. What is yours?

2. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member

mozart, he only made one film, ammadeus, and then he disappears, whats all that about?

3. OP
    Old School Nationalist

Nice one. I'm the fool. Just listen to this and bend your knee.

4. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

The Jupiter symphony- I particularly love how Karl Bohm conducts it;

5. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member

that was beautiful old school. thank you, im not a total punk rocker either, now i know this isnt mozart, its verdi, the following piece was on an old tommy o brien tape i got my father years ago one xmas. he used to listen to tommy every sunday morning, im sure u did too, i got a gra for the odd aria and such like listening to that show. tommy was an aul gent. i actually dug out the tape when i was suffering with bad flu when i was about 18 - it had a profound healing affect on me. now i cant remember who was singing the following on the tommy tape, but the four singers here are incredible. the applause goes on for two minutes after, it dies down but there a couple of lads down the back who wont stop roaring and clapping and the whole audience strikes up again. it is truly marvelous. sutherland hits a high d (so ive read) at the end which verdi didnt put there, but let her off i say, i think its her more than pavarotti theyre applauding, also, isola jones has the best cleavage of all time.

6. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Herbert Von Karajan conducting Mozart's Requiem is really electrifying.

7. OP
    Old School Nationalist

I don't want to nit pick, but Xmas is not a thing. Besides that, thanks very much for your input. I really love Mozart. The priests at my school always taught us that classical music is for everyone. It transcends race and politics. It's universal!

8. OP
    Old School Nationalist

I'm listening to your piece Sword, how uplifting it is to put this on the internet? It's universal. Beauty always is.

9. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member

all language is symbols.

10. OP
    Old School Nationalist

This is not language, this is music. It's good music because it is order.

11. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member

im talking about xmas, oops sorry, i mean christmas.

12. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Respected Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I'm going to be boring and suggest the one that everyone knows from multiple Commercials/Movie tracks - "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"