1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

"My Big Gay Jewish Conversion"- creepy but funny documentary.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SwordOfStCatherine, Jul 15, 2017.

1. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish

Following some utter gobshyte Irish male homosexual who is thinking about converting to Judaism because he has discovered that his boyfriend's Reform Rabbi is completely fine with homosexualist marriage. Trigger warning in that though it doesn't involve outright obscenity it does involve a lot of crudity which I can well understand people finding disgusting.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  2. Ire-land

Ire-land Legend Political Irish Donator

Flute player. You couldn't make it.

3. OP
    SwordOfStCatherine

There is a major Culture War going on within Jewry around issues to do with homosexuality. My mum in law believes that Jews who have been involved in pushing homosexualist ideology have done and are doing so in order to weaken the Nations and rub Christians face in dirt. I'm far from sure that is true though- the thing about Tel Aviv more or less shows her to be false, and I do think roc_ is sincere when he says that he finds my views on homosexuality barbaric. The only Jewish person I have known really well , who was Modern Orthodox, has the same attitude to homosexuals that my sister does (disgust bordering on hate), but has turned Christ now thank God. The sense of entitlement of the Irish lad in this documentary is disgusting.

Tadhg Gaelach and Ire-land like this.
  4. Ire-land

Judaism has been under the radar for me as an oppressive or expanding force, it's only since I've been on here that I've really contemplated it tbh. Though, at the same time, I have been quite suspicious of how many ww2 films that get made, and how regularly they get churned out too, it always struck me that someone doesn't want us to forget it. Then there was that conspiracy theory about how many Jews didn't show up for work at the WTC on 9/11, I'm not sure if that's even true.

I had a Jewish girlfriend who was the business tbh, and a Jewish roommate for a year or so in America back in the day who was dead sound, so my experience with them and their mentality has been very positive. There's a fatalism to their thinking that I sort of admired.

In terms of the Doc above, I couldn't watch beyond a few minutes, I find that sort of self absorption to be repulsive, but it's all the rage these days, which is why I'm so disheartened by modern culture. But the focus on self keeps people detached from the collective, or from a sense of belonging, and I don't think that's an accident. I am also always amused by your use of 'homosexualist', I just find it funny for some reason.

5. OP
    SwordOfStCatherine

Being into kids is a whole other issue, however "normal" homosexuality I would see as deviant sexual taste akin sort of to an out of control flip-flop fetishism. I think homosexual activity between consenting adults should be legal and that people shouldn't be cruel to people who engage in it on that account alone however homosexualism is something else, it is putting it on the same pedestal as the life giving love between a woman and a man as well as involving the creepy sort of "ethno-nationalism" some people with these sexual tastes build around them. Milo for instance referred to homosexuals as "my people". Can you imagine a lad into red haired women referring to other lads with similar tastes as "my people"?

Tadhg Gaelach and Ire-land like this.
  6. Ire-land

Yeah, I'm not anti gay tbh, I've got gay friends and some family members, so I have a sense that it isn't just some anomalous depravity. The kids issue is a whole different thing for me, I don't see them as connected.

My problem with the gays these days is how in your face the whole thing is, you'd swear they were actually being discriminated against, and they're not at all. In fact, the better they're treated, and the more rights they get, the angrier they seem to be getting, it's very strange behaviour, not unlike a spoiled child tbh. Enough is never enough for someone who isn't getting what they actually need, which makes you wonder what it is they do really need.

The reality is that their sexuality just isn't as important as heterosexuality, it can't ever be, and maybe that reality is one of the things that keeps them angry.

7. maxflinn

maxflinn Legend Political Irish Donator

Darkhorse and Clanrikard from P.ie?

SwordOfStCatherine likes this.
  8. OP
    SwordOfStCatherine

I don't think either of them are Jewish but to be honest even though they are strange cases I have never been able to take much interest in them. I just cannot imagine meeting people like them in real life- to be honest it is almost like they are cartoon characters to me, they have this unreality about them.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    maxflinn likes this.