1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Netanyahu: We Will Never Withdraw From Golan Heights - Time For US & EU Sanctions?

Discussion in 'Foreign Affairs' started by maxflinn, Apr 17, 2016.

1. maxflinn

maxflinn Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

The Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu today declared that Israel will never withdraw from the Golan Heights, territory under illegal Israeli occupation.

Netanyahu Says Israel Will Never Withdraw From Golan Heights

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday his country will never withdraw from the Golan Heights and the strategic plateau bordering Syria will forever stay in Israeli hands.

In a ceremonial Cabinet meeting in the Golan marking the one-year anniversary of his current government's formation, Netanyahu said he doubts Syria will ever return to what it was before the devastating civil war that has gripped it for more than five years. He said he would not oppose diplomatic efforts to stabilize Syria as long as they didn't come at the expense of Israel's security. Netanyahu added that, regardless, the border would not change and it was time for the world to finally recognize Israel's sovereignty over the Golan.

"I chose to have this festive Cabinet meeting on the Golan Heights to send a clear message: The Golan Heights will forever remain in Israeli hands," he said. "It's time, after 50 years, that the international community finally recognizes that the Golan will forever remain under Israeli sovereignty."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surely now the time has come for the US and EU to impose sanctions upon Israel, as they did Russia over Crimea, even though 90% of Crimeans voted for the annexation?

If they do not, what message is this giving the world?

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  2. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Asking the EU and the USA to sanction Israel is like asking a dog to stop licking its own balls.

maxflinn and Dublin 4 like this.
  3. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

4. bartypus

bartypus Member Political Irish

Why should they leave? The land belongs to Israel.

Olli Rehn likes this.
  5. Tadhg Gaelach

How could the Golan Heights belong to Israel? It is historically part of Syria. There is no international recognition for Israeli sovereignty in the Golan - not even from their US lapdogs.

maxflinn likes this.
  6. Olli Rehn

Olli Rehn Legend Banned Battle Royale

7. Dublin 4

The Ziomatrix Commander shamefully applauds more Terror against Palestine...

8. Olli Rehn

9. Dublin 4

How much do the Matrix pay for you to Troll here?

10. OP
    maxflinn

Pure Zionist propaganda!

About ten seconds in the lies begin as he declares that the Six Day War began when 'four Arab armies invaded Israel'.

It didn't. It began when Israel launched an attack on Egypt, and quickly began to stream into the West Bank, Gaza and Golan Heights to, in the words of the Israeli generals of the time: Take......more.....Arab......territory.

Read al about it here including quotes from the Israelis themselves

11. Olli Rehn

Are you into fool's talk again ?

12. Olli Rehn

13. Dublin 4

14. OP
    maxflinn

More Zionist propaganda.

The first words: 'this is what happens to Israel when they give away land for peace'

Israel has never given away land. Every acre of land designated as Israeli by the UN when Israel was formed is still Israeli, still part of Israel.

So how could Israel have ever 'given away land'?

15. Olli Rehn

I told you a possible answer- but you did not like it....

16. OP
    maxflinn

You are a US State Department shill and a dummy to boot. I've put you on ignore on P.ie as I will be banned there if I respond to your trolling.

Here I'm happy to help you make a fool of yourself. The mods aren't Zionist pricks here..

Tadhg Gaelach and Dublin 4 like this.
  17. Olli Rehn

By your logic I should report you for personal abuse.
    I am not operating on such a low level.

You simply do not like what I posted. It is contrary to your believe that Israel is the sole culprit in this tragedy.

18. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Why should the Israelis care about the palistinians when the Arabs don't care about themselves. Nobody ever was worried about anything pre 1967 when Jordan controled the west bank. Not a mention of Palastinian state. Ararat was expelled with 300000 to Lebanon and they screwed that place as well. I am no fan of Israel, in fact now that I think of it, I don't like them. However they have survived against all the odds and most of their enemies are routed and fighting themselves. If I was a jew I would be patting myself on the back

19. Tadhg Gaelach

This is not true. The Palestinians were looking for their own state in the 1930s when the Brits occupied the place.

maxflinn likes this.
  20. OP
    maxflinn

Dan, how have you come to the conclusion that the Palestinians don't care about themselves?

3/4's of a million Palestinians had been ethnically cleansed at that point. Forced to flee their own homes where they had lived for generations to make way for an Israeli State that was designated 55% of the pre-partition land, what was once Palestine, even though Jews only made up a third of the population of the area and owned only 8% of the land.

And you say that after this, as hundreds of thousands lived in refugee camps, many split from their families, many able to actually still see their homes which Jews now lived in, that nobody was worried about anything?

You don't think the expulsion was the problem then? Rather you blame the victims of said expulsion for 'screwing the Lebanon'?

Israel hasn't survived against all the odds. Israel has had the deck massively stacked in its favour since its inception due to massive support from the US and other Western countries. Israel hasn't faced a real threat since the Yom Kippor war of 1973.

It is the Palestinians who are surviving against the odds. Iraq and Syria haven't survived against the odds. Both were both destroyed at the behest of Israel, and Iran might yet be, lord knows Israel has been trying hard enough to push the US into that one.

Israel and its Jews are not the victims here...