1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Netanyahu: We Will Never Withdraw From Golan Heights - Time For US & EU Sanctions?

Discussion in 'Foreign Affairs' started by maxflinn, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Art

Art Member Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

:D MORE IRONY...... and you do it so well....

Tadhg Gaelach and maxflinn like this.
  2. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Ren believes what he believes, fair enough, I believed some serious rubbish myself when I was a kid

maxflinn likes this.
  3. Art

Art Member Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Yes, but the reason for discussion forums is to support or challenge people's beliefs in an attempt to reshape their ideas; ideally this is done with facts and/or citations. Ren84 seems to go straight from posting a contentious opinion to defending it with invective and bile and with zero facts or citations.

Perhaps between the adult posters here we can mentor Ren84 a little and help him to learn how to present and support his arguments in a more grown up way.

4. OP
    maxflinn

maxflinn Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

He doesn't believe it though. He knows he's spreading lies and propaganda, yet continues to do so as innocent people are butchered.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  5. Youngdan

It is no different than in a pub. The observer will go home and say, your man is some Yahoo to swallow that baloney

6. Youngdan

No he believes it. Just he must make himself believe he is wiser than others. The fact that others may have a depth of knowledge of the topic multiples greater than he, does not even enter the equation

Fragarach, Tadhg Gaelach and maxflinn like this.
  7. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

So did I but Ren is six years older than me. I have actual friends who served with the BA there and I have friends who are Iraqi. Im sorry but Ren doesnt seem to realize how serious a lot of these issues are. The last thing I want to see is the ROI join NATO but if it did part of me would think "good" because it might drill some sense into the Rens and Ollis.

8. Youngdan

We I am assuming that Ren and Olli have no intention of putting on a uniform. My son is 18 and I could not care less about the Middle East when it comes to him

9. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Those cowards would be cheering on the sons of working class mothers to the slaughter. They would keep themselves and their families well away from it.

10. Olli Rehn

Olli Rehn Legend Banned Battle Royale

Fascist pig !

11. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

I think Ren is working class, oddly enough he is patriotic but goes about it in a pretty irrational way so you could easily confuse him with some limb of Satan like Mitsui2 who hates Ireland.

Say what you want about Edward Longshanks and Richard the Lionheart but they led their men personally into battle; I would love to put the degenerate filth that is David Cameron and Tony Blair in the front line against ISIS (maybe giving them pea-shooters to defend themselves).

12. Youngdan

Compared to the girl here, they are Arnold and Sylvester.

13. stefan

stefan New Member Political Irish

How could you deduce that I am a Putinista from a couple of posts ?
    I joined here when it opened and have been reading it ever since.

Most of the weirdos are on the other place. Just a few like yourself escaped (or were pushed) to here.....

:)

14. abu afak

abu afak New Member

Actually, most fled at the behest of Arab leaders or to get out of the way of War. Most aren't even realy 'refugees, as they fled from one part of 'palestine' to another.

Of Course, half of the Jews 55% was the thought-useless, near-empty, Negev Desert, owned by No Arab. Otherwise 1/3 got 27.5%.

Further
    CAMERA: Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America

.."Mattar's clear, and false, implication is that if Jews owned only some small percentage of the land, then Arabs must have owned the rest, in this case more than 93% of the country.​

But this is nonsense – in Mandate Palestine the Arabs owned little more land than did the Jews. Indeed, going back to Ottoman times, most of the country was state-owned land, not under any individual ownership. Thus, under the Ottoman code one of the main land categories was miri, meaning land belonging to the Emir. During the Mandate, the British carried out detailed land surveys, marking off who owned what, and according to figures in the 'British Survey of Palestine' (republished and endorsed by Mattar's Institute for Palestine Studies), at least 65% of the country was state land, and probably much more than that."​

Yet Further:
    No Arab had to move/"make way" because of the Partition.
    Not one.
    But the War they starteed did cause alot of displacement.

"The Arab armies entered Palestine to protect the Palestinians from the Zionist tyranny but, instead, THEY ABANDONED THEM, FORCED THEM TO EMIGRATE AND TO LEAVE THEIR HOMELAND, Imposed upon them a political and ideological blockade and Threw them into Prisons similar to the ghettos in which the Jews used to live in Eastern Europe, as if we were condemmed to change places with them; they moved out of their ghettos and we occupied similar ones. The ARAB States succeeded in scattering the Palestinian people and in destroying their unity. They did Not Recognize them as a unified people until the States of the world did so, and this is Regrettable".

- by Abu Mazen, from the article titled: "What We Have Learned and What We Should Do", published in Falastin el Thawra, the official journal of the PLO, of Beirut, March 1976

`

EDIT
    Immediately below is a Non-responsive Wiki citation by 'kalipa44'.
    Apparently for 'Nakba'.
    The 'Nakba' happened because the Arabs started a War instead of accepting the partition.
    Otherwise, it entailed NOT a single Arab having to move.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  15. kalipa44

kalipa44 Member Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus, also known as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة‎‎, "al-Nakbah", literally "disaster", "catastrophe", or "cataclysm"),[1] occurred when more than 700,000 Palestinian Arabs fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1948 Palestine war.[2] Between 400 and 600 Palestinian villages were sacked during the war, while urban Palestine was almost entirely extinguished.[3] The term "nakba" also refers to the period of war itself and events affecting Palestinians from December 1947 to January 1949.
    The precise number of refugees, many of whom settled in refugee camps in neighboring states, is a matter of dispute[4] but around 80 percent of the Arab inhabitants of what became Israel (50 percent of the Arab total of Mandatory Palestine) left or were expelled from their homes.[5][6] Approximately 250,000-300,000 Palestinians had fled or been expelled prior to the Israeli Declaration of Independence in May 1948; a fact which was named as a causus belli for the entry of the Arab League into the country, sparking the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.
    The causes are also a subject of fundamental disagreement between historians. Factors involved in the exodus include Jewish military advances, destruction of Arab villages, psychological warfare and fears of another massacre by Zionist militias after the Deir Yassin massacre,[7]:239–240 which caused many to leave out of panic; direct expulsion orders by Israeli authorities; the voluntary self-removal of the wealthier classes;[8] collapse in Palestinian leadership and Arab evacuation orders.[9][10] and an unwillingness to live under Jewish control.[11][dubiousdiscuss][12]
    Later, a series of laws passed by the first Israeli government prevented them from returning to their homes, or claiming their property. They and many of their descendants remain refugees.[13][14] The expulsion of the Palestinians has since been described by some historians as ethnic cleansing,[15][16][17] while others dispute this charge.[18][19][20]
    The status of the refugees, and in particular whether Israel will grant them their claimed right to return to their homes or be compensated, are key issues in the ongoing Israeli–Palestinian conflict. The events of 1948 are commemorated by Palestinians both in the Palestinian territories and elsewhere on 15 May, a date now known as Nakba Day."ipedia

Wikipedia

maxflinn likes this.
  16. kalipa44

kalipa44 Member Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Hi roc_ :p

maxflinn likes this.
  17. OP
    maxflinn

maxflinn Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Abu roc_ :smiley:

kalipa44 likes this.
  18. Anglophile

Anglophile Member Political Irish

Give the Golan Heights back so that every Arab and Islamic scum from Aleppo to Tehran can sit up there
    taking pot shots, eh?

Two chances.:D