1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

New Nationalist Party formed in Ireland - An Páirtí Náisiúnta \ The National Party

Discussion in 'Political Chat' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

How many had Trump the day he had to pay a crowd $50 each just for an hour so he could announce?

2. Youngdan

We must assume Mr Rasher at least could figure that out but choose instead to paint the party as not being a success, which is obvious.
    It has been very successfully launched.
    I do not know how many members it has other than the fact that I am one so maybe it is just 3.

Kershaw likes this.
  3. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Respected Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I was ready to join until I heard Barrett's more whacky ideas. I'd still vote for them though if they ran in my area.

SwordOfStCatherine and Kershaw like this.
  4. Macushla

Macushla Member Political Irish

What ideas did you take particular issue with?

Ire-land likes this.
  5. Myles O'Reilly

Can't remember. But they were debated up and down this thread. You'll find them in here somewhere dude. I watched a couple of Kershaw's videos and Barrett is half cracked in my opinion but like you said, as we've no other option we must support them. Alas I don't see this party going anywhere given the extra-curricular non issues Barrett seems to obsess on (eg bringing back the death penalty) because that stuff is totally irrelevant to most people. If it was to somehow gain traction I could see the inevitable split down the road. But if it helps in drawing people's attention to the surrendering of Ireland to foreigners then it can't do any harm.

Kershaw likes this.
  6. Ire-land

Ire-land Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

The 9 Principles are there to be read. There was some chat about him misusing Marxist Leninism, and maybe a few other terms. But other than that, I think Myles just 'doesn't like the look of him', or the sound of him, or both maybe. I think old Myles can be a bit of a curmudgeon sometimes. angelenatic

http://www.nationalparty.ie/principles/

7. Olli Rehn

Olli Rehn Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Barrett is a fucking wanker. Got married and had kids with his wife. Now he denies everything and tries to get his marriage anulled. Does not sound like a man who holds up family values, does it ?
    He is just another arsehole trying to get his snouts into the feeding trough

Rashers likes this.
  8. Youngdan

No it does not.

9. Myles O'Reilly

I'm afraid not Sir. Just look at those principles. Could you honestly say to anyone that that document doesn't look like something conjured up by a bunch of spacers living in a fantasy World? I mean FFS its just garbled claptrap for the chattering classes with no practical application at all. Its absolute unadulterated balderdash. The notion of such a manifesto having any appeal to the mass of ordinary Irish people is laughable.

I've nothing against Barrett personally but he makes our Potato Head sound like a Soccer head down the local!

10. Macushla

You don't know anything about his martial life/personal life and neither do I. One could get an annulment pre-divorce ref. We don't know about his personal life and really I don't care about the finer details of his marriage - it's his business, not ours.

11. Olli Rehn

Enough leaked out to show what type of person he is. Don't try to sweep it under the carpet. He is not the man you think he is.

12. Macushla

The only thing you mentioned here is the death penalty. If you want to give examples of what insane issues Barrett is harping on about be my guest. You make it out as if he's going on about the moon landing and re-introducing the Censorship Act 1929.

The party's raison detre is obviously immigration and some social conservatism for good measure. I think Ire-land has a point, it seems more like you just don't like the way Barrett conducts himself or the way he looks or something which I'd consider quite banal.

The NP has a high-quality aesthetic and has got off the ground fairly well thus far. There haven't been any self-inflicted wounds since the creation of the party. It's running operations professsionally. I could imagine Justin Barrett or James Reynolds or Seamus Treanor as my TD - I could not imagine Peter O'Loughlin for example as my TD. They have potential and we owe it to Ireland to help them succeed however we can, because there aren't any other options.

But ah, I'm sure the party of your dreams will be around any decade now. . .

13. Myles O'Reilly

To be fair to him if he is indeed a homosexual like someone else mentioned perhaps he's found it too hard to live that way. I wouldn't beat up on anyone who's in that situation without knowing the details. I've nowt against him being gay either.

14. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Once you kids traditionally it was almost impossible to get an annulment. Still we are all hypocrites Olli apart from the Saints and the Psychopaths.

To be honest he isn't exactly the person I would most like to meet at a dinner party- still voting for him and his party could force Sinn Fein and Fianna Fail to get their house in order. He is obviously passionate and intelligent also which are virtues completely lacking almost in Southern Irish politics.

15. Macushla

What leaked? That he and his wife have gotten an annulment? Stop the presses. I'm not a puritan for one. Secondly I don't know the full story and I'm not going to believe the Village Magazine version. An annulment is more difficult to procrure than an ordinary divorce so there must be grounds for an annulment - which goes back to my point that we don't know the full story.

It's a non issue. I don't concern myself with how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin. There are more pressing issues and the NP are the only party I have ever heard address them. To reject the NP out of some Irish Times hitpieces is to reject them for the same reason the left rejects them - it's to the same end.

16. Olli Rehn

There is some truth in that.
    He has another big drawback- he looks awful. He must have been an aeroplane in one of his earlier lifeforms. His ears do stick out a mile. I know plenty of women who vote only for the look of a man. A friend of mine in Kerry always voted for Dick Spring because he "has lovely curled black hair ".

17. Myles O'Reilly

You've missed my subsequent post then Wink Smile 2

I never said I wanted a party of my dreams and I said I'd still vote for the NP (which is a hell of a lot more than most people will do). What more d'you want?!!

18. Olli Rehn

Marriage is an important institution in Ireland- make no mistakes about that. Barrett could slip on that banana skin.

19. Myles O'Reilly

(A) Your friend sounds like a Div and (B) if that were true there'd be no men elected to Dail Eireann cos they're all f*cking ugly.

El Chaval. likes this.
  20. Olli Rehn

Donate money....because money is all they want from you to fund their lifestyle.