1. Welcome to Political Irish. Guests may post but all posts are restricted to approval. Why not open a free account and join our other members and post without restriction. Click Here to sign up!

New Nationalist Party formed in Ireland - An Páirtí Náisiúnta \ The National Party

Discussion in 'Political Chat' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Nov 16, 2016.

1. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

A close ally? Would you get over yourself!

I'm just a house wife, I would say just a humble house wife but I have to struggle towards humility constantly, with no political ambitions bouncing ideas off people on an interweb forum. You think I'm building up "allies" here so I can invade Poland or something?

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  2. SwordOfStCatherine

Tadgh isn't someone I would describe as a conservative at all either for good or ill. In fact he is probably the most radical poster here.

3. Ire-land

Ire-land Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

But we're unfortunately in a different scenario. German is the national language of Germany, it's unlikely in this day and age that a German wouldn't speak German. In reality, are main language is English, because of our history, and more people speak Polish in Ireland than speak Irish. It's important to deal with reality. Especially in terms of those old enough to be willing to stand up and fight to protect the children of this country.

An Irish person could very well be Irish without speaking Irish. I suspect you know that that's the case, as sad as it may be.

If we're relying on Irish speakers to defend and protect us, then we can start making white flags.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  4. Ire-land

They're the people you know, though, and no doubt they are.

But we had a litany of hypocrites in in Ireland who say them as a free pass from what they'd signed up for. I have very little hope for the new Irish speakers of today being the ones who'll be out their standing for the National Party, and against the EU, and the spread of the Islam disease in Ireland.

5. Liberal D4'er

Liberal D4'er Member Political Irish

I meant Taedgh. You and he have very similar views. Nothing more to it than that. Maybe saying it shows how you think in those terms not me

6. SwordOfStCatherine

I very much doubt that Tadgh went to Clongowes, he is from a Dublin working class family. Yes his parents brought him up to be more cultured than most of the kids who went to Clongowes. This might come as a shock to you in Dublin Four but there are extremely quality working class parents out there. We don't also have very similar views, we though have similar views or similarish views on a lot of things and you would have also if you ever made an attempt to free yourself from The ISIS Times group think.

7. Liberal D4'er

my mother is from crumlin so I very much appreciate people who are from working class areas. Let me tell you this Taedgh is about as working class as Boris Johnson. He pretends he knows how these people think but he really comes across as someone from a small town in rural Ireland where he is the main man. You can't come up to Dublin and act like that without being called out for it and that's exactly what I'm doing

8. SwordOfStCatherine

Conor O'Brien's wife who had a completely evil vendetta against Francis Stuart was actually an Irish language Poetess.

That said my better half pointed out to me that in general in his observations the more people here are fluent in Irish the more morally pure they tend to be, and thinking about that does go along with my own experiences. Whether it is a general rule I'm not in a position to say but it is something that should be investigated, though neither The ISIS Times or RTE would ever do such a thing as things stand at the moment. I do however think you are to extreme on the language though I agree with your general line of march. There should be an aggressive campaign to make Irish the every day spoken tongue.

9. SwordOfStCatherine

Hatred of the countryside is often a sign of moral corruption.

There is something rural about Tadgh but not in the way that you suggest. Maybe his parents were from a small farming or farm labouring background who were forced to leave the land? That is something that I have suspected.

10. Liberal D4'er

Taedgh was born with a silver spoon in his mouth so much that he doesn't even try to hide it. And the least thing he is is Gaelach. He is from the monied corrupt classes that think they are the old Irish gentry and from"old money". He thinks it gives him the right to say whatever he wants about anyone. But he doesn't

11. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Political Irish

There is nothing "Liberal" about the likes of you...

12. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Without the Irish language, I'd be happy to just give the whole place to the Muslims. Not many people may speak it, but its the backbone and raison d'étre of the Irish nation.

Ire-land likes this.
  13. Ire-land

That's very true in the long term, but if that was the short term standard, then you may as well hand the place over to the muzzers.

I don't say that with any satisfaction, it's just the way it is.

There are far more proper Irish men and women who can't speak Irish than can, and who'd gladly lay down their lives for the cause. If we're waiting around for just the Irish speakers, then goodnight.

14. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

I'm not saying that every Irish patriot must be a fluent Irish speaker, but anyone who isn't even bothering to learn some Irish is just foolish themselves. If a person doesn't have the mental discipline to learn a few nouns and verbs, what chance do they think they have against a Global empire? Ultimately, that's why the Republican Movement proved so weak and ineffective in the end, though it had extremely dedicated and brave Volunteers.

Ire-land likes this.
  15. Ire-land

I'm just not sure I agree, man. And I'm not saying that just because I speak very limited Irish myself, I just think that it's less of a priority today, and especially in the short term in this context. I totally agree that it should be 'our' language, but I just don't think it's a necessity to have in order for us to become a country.

Put it this way, if we're waiting around for only the Irish speakers to rise up and take the country back, then I'd say we're pretty fucked.

Liberal D4'er likes this.
  16. SwordOfStCatherine

Well he certainly doesn't strike me as someone who has the virtue of Liberality.

The word Liberal unless you prefix it has become useless.

Dublin 4 likes this.
  17. OP
    Tadhg Gaelach

We are pretty fucked - we're on our last legs as a nation and as a race. But if we settle for just being Englishmen with funny accents, then what's the struggle for? Maybe we just deserve to be exterminated. Starting to learn and use Irish is the first step in rising up as a people. The IRB knew this. The 1916 Rising was built on decades of cultural work. That's what's completely lacking today. And we see that groups who try to skip over the cultural work always end up as just basing themselves on being anti-something. The have nothing positive to offer.

18. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Respected Member Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

When did you graduate, Lib?

19. SwordOfStCatherine

I don't make sense to Southern Irish conservatives very often- they don't understand my terms of reference and values. In many ways I have much more in common with the National Bolsheviks of the 1920s and 30s such as Peader O'Donnell, Liam O'Flatherty and George Gilmore though in some I do consider them to have been a bit psycho, at least however they were a bit psycho with nobility and good will. Alain De Benoist one of the my intellectual heroes once said that he was Leftist from the Right and a Rightist from the Left, I know exactly what he meant by that even if at first the concept might be puzzling to you. I would identify with him on this.

Oh and this....

20. Ire-land

I'm not sure why/if you keep reading me as saying that for whatever reason, but that's not at all my point.

I'm saying that if we're going to have a backlash or a revolt in the short to medium term, something that's vital if we're to have any hope at all, never mind an idyllic hope, it can't be relied upon to be driven by native Irish speakers. If we're going to wait around until we have enough of those, and ones motivated enough, we really are fucked.