1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

New Nationalist Party formed in Ireland - An Páirtí Náisiúnta \ The National Party

Discussion in 'Political Chat' started by Tadhg Gaelach, Nov 16, 2016.

1. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Some of you guys need to see the big problems that go on with these types of parties on the continent. Always dramas, internal party disputes, all kinds of mayhem, purges and very ugly optics. It's all par for the course, I don't want to say it's not a problem per say but it is part of the game. And in of itself it's not a barrier to gain traction (there maybe other reasons why they don't though).

Just because we're not used to these kind of problems here given that this is the first at least semi-sustainable party of its kind in the modern era, doesn't mean such problems when they do occur is the four-horses-of-the-apocalypse disaster some of guys seem to be thinking it is. Calm down, guys.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  2. Heraclitus

Heraclitus Member Political Irish

Why are they hiding though?
    Why was the video of the altercation taken down? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

If there's an issue that might turn off potential supporters, it should be resolved without delay.
    They should clarify their stance ASAP.

If individual members have socially conservative views, that's absolutely fine.
    But how much will this be reflected in party policy?

thelimit likes this.
  3. Heraclitus

Heraclitus Member Political Irish

I should also add that if they decide on having explicitly anti-gay policies, that's entirely their prerogative.

But they should let their stance be known so that people can make an informed choice on whether or not to support them.

thelimit likes this.
  4. The Potato Mystic

Yeah, ok. Functional people aren't really studyin' this stuff too deeply though. It's only anoraks and twitter chatterboxes that get into a tizzy over it. At election time and if immigration is really at matter of urgency with duh public, people will rally to this party.

Or if you like, another party that people are more comfortable with.

5. Macushla

Macushla Member Political Irish

We support the same party but it doesn't mean we have to get on like a house on fire. I find your Ron Paul-posting rather objectionable personally. We're not even singing in unison on political issues methinks.

6. Olli Rehn

Olli Rehn Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

I keep saying for months that Justin Barrett is a homosexual himself. But I got censored for my words by the mods.I got the talk of it already last year, but now it seems to be all over the place. Plenty of comments about it on p.ie. The dogs in the street talk about it.
    Typical for many gays to hide their own sexual preference and brand other gays as mentally ill to cover up their own tracks.
    I hope Justin will be soon coming out of the closet himself. Plenty of gay politicians around. Nothing to be ashamed of- and completely normal.

7. Macushla

Kershaw likes this.
  8. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I don't believe there is a single ron Paul thread on this site, or a thread on libertarianism that I have seen in the last year or ever. But lets not get sidetracked.

You thought I was proposing that the NP would run 4 or 5 candidates in one constituency and you call me stupid, lol.

9. Youngdan

Who censored you? Certainly was not me.

10. Macushla

Was it you who suggest they stand 160 candiates before? I think it was. Correct me if I'm wrong.

11. Olli Rehn

Olli Rehn Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

No- it was not you.
    If I name the person my post will be deleted "for attacking another poster". Or I will get banned again.
    This place is heavy into censorship and banning.

12. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

I think Libertarianism would be crazy for Ireland though it's positions and possible solutions to some things I agree with. However Ron Paul as President of the USA would be brilliant for Europe and probably most of the rest of the world. Better Americans support Ron Paul than Hilary.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh and Wnoa like this.
  13. Youngdan

I may be daft but not that bad. I suggested they would put their best man forward in each province, as a test of support really, obviously if possible in a 5 seater. Then I said maybe 5, that would be running a lad in Dublin as well.
    But I did not make that clear enough.

14. Youngdan

Now I did say something years ago about running 160 but that was before this party existed and in a different context, they would be independents, loosely aligned.

Then someone pointed out there were just 154 seats available. But that was long before the NP existed.

15. Youngdan

Well you appear a victim but not to worry, your voice is badly needed here imo.

16. Macushla

Not what you said yesterday or the day before. But in the past someone suggested they field 160 candidates. I thought it was you. Your post yesterday I thought was you repeating this nonsense suggestion. If I have erred and you've never suggested any notion of the sort then I apologise.

17. Youngdan

It was as much my fault. On the phone, I frequently miss words etc.

18. The Potato Mystic

Leo take note. This is how a proper person wears his socks.

Macushla and Kershaw like this.
  19. Kershaw

Kershaw Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

[​IMG]

mikeo and Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh like this.
  20. Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh Member Donator Battle Royale

#toomuchgayness

mikeo likes this.