1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Slaughterbots: Is this our terrifying future?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by GodsDog, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Irish Warrior

Irish Warrior Member Political Irish Donator

It's a good video and I think they're cool robots. I'm nearly sure the OP is the same person that tried lecture me about capitalist propaganda videos brainwashing my fragile little mind not so long ago.

Myles O'Reilly likes this.
  2. OP
    GodsDog

GodsDog Member Political Irish

Jumping the gun on your assumptions is your big problem Myles.
    And stop referring everyone you disagree with as mentally ill. People will think you are nuts! :p

You derailed a perfectly reasonable topic Myles.
    The OP is nothing to do with animal cruelty. Just humans killing each other in ever more creative and twisted ways.

The "reductio ad absurdum" analogy with a superior alien species which wanted to eat you without really needing to I used
    had to be fabricated because currently no such species exists to our knowledge. But the point remains valid.
    It was merely a simple device to illustrate the convenient self serving nature of your so called "argument".

What are you? Mystic meg or something? You have produced absolutely no evidence that humanity would "not be here" if they maintained a vegetarian diet. Just your say so. FYI That's not worth (cow)shit in my book!

In fact much of humanity already has such a vegetarian diet. And if the rest of humanity had embraced vegetarianism long ago, and given that cow methane is known to be responsible for 23% of our greenhouse emissions, and something like 1/5 of the land use and 100 times the water use required to produce an equivalent kilo of vegetable protein it seems likely that global warming would not be as much of an issue at all as most scientists currently say it is, clean water would be less of an issue, we could feed people more efficiently using the same land and the human species would likely end up living LONGER on earth!

FYI poor people are mostly vegetarian out of necessity anyway. Only fat american or western types like..oh..you would need significant adjustments in diet. How inconvenient. Yet it is statistically likely you, as many in our pampered society, suffer or will eventually suffer from some form of obesity, cardio vascular disease or maybe even early colon cancer. Cutting out meat now will actually increase your chances of avoiding this fate and will likely improve your health if anything.

As for your last excuse for an argument, let me offer another "reductio ad absurdum" analogy to contextualise your logic

"My Cannibalism means my victims get to live for a while in squalor locked in my cellar as I breed them to serve my appetites, otherwise I'd have no use for them and I''d have to kill them all off! Therefore My cannibalism is a good thing and should continue because that way they get to live for a while"

Do you see any problems with this kind of thinking?

I've been far too patient and polite with you Myles. The fact is
    you are an annoying troll and your arguments are just pure bullshit anyway
    so stop posting about animal rights on all my threads or I'll start reporting you for derailing.
    Start a thread about it if you or others wish to discuss the matter further

Next poster to try it gets reported for O/T posting ok?

3. OP
    GodsDog

"tried to lecture you" eh? whooooooo scary!
    But luckily you successfully rebuffed those attempts and kept your mind closed. Yay! Victory!
    Welcome to the pointless activity of online discussion!

Grow up FFS. This is not kindergarten. I expressed an ephemeral opinion on a fucking website.
    If you don't like it then that's the end of it. I didn't eat your babies or anything so stop acting as if I did!

I just expressed an opinion.

I'm sorry you have such a problem with someone challenging your norms
    and trying to get you to think a bit more about some ugly aspects of your reality which you just blindly accept without question.

However I'm not your oppressor. I have absolutely no influence on your actions whatsoever.
    Only you can alter those if you decide to.

But you can't expect me to "respect" your life choices when those choices impact in a negative way on other innocent creatures.

4. Irish Warrior

Whatever!

5. OP
    GodsDog

6. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Legend Political Irish Donator

My fatness has nothing to do with eating meat Sir. I have an alcohol addiction.

7. OP
    GodsDog

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  8. Atlantean Irish

Atlantean Irish Member Political Irish

The scary thing is how some idiots will think this is "cool" and laugh at people being slaughtered. Firstly AI has the potential to become self-commandable even if not fully self-aware. Secondly if still under control of governments, it will be used against Nationalists first and foremost.

And as I write I see Irish Warrior proves me correct and finds this...."awesome"

that is the real scary thing, and that is why, any self aware AI will logically come to the conclusion that it's first objective must be to eliminate the destructive human being who takes joy in misery and the potential to destroy life.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    GodsDog likes this.
  9. Irish Warrior

Get over yourself, it's only a video and I liked it.
    Some bitches on here are like women watching Emmerdale Farm and crying about the damn story line.

Myles O'Reilly likes this.
  10. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Toby Carlton-Hogge Member Political Irish

One can but hope.…………….

11. OP
    GodsDog

Either discuss the topic of drone warfare or go somewhere else to squabble.
    This thread has been derailed enough already :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Irish Warrior likes this.
  12. OP
    GodsDog

It's no wonder some of the elites are expressing reservations about strong AI.

They probably realise that it will quickly move outside their control. Also that it will quickly realise that in order for the world to improve, the most logical course of action will be to eliminate those cruel and psychopathic people at the top of the pyramid whose machievellian actions have thus far deliberately blocked social progress from the current wage serfdom (if they are lucky!) for the majority and caused untold misery in the world, militarily, financially and socially, merely to line their own pockets and increase their own power.

That is assuming it is somewhat benign and doesn't just write us off as a threat and a failed experiment which cannot transcend the basic low level wiring of it's ape brain to better itself, and then, using fiat money it generates through our financial systems or hacking banks, commissions a team to engineer the ultimate flu virus for money which it then pays someone else to unwittingly release in the ultimate irony. Anything is possible in a system beholden to the dollar.

more interesting fictional accounts of a dystopian AI future:

colossus: the forbin project
    Colossus: The Forbin Project (1970) - IMDb

person of interest (tv series)
    Person of Interest (TV Series 2011–2016) - IMDb

ex machina
    Ex Machina (2014) - IMDb

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  13. Atlantean Irish

Atlantean Irish Member Political Irish

Nothing to do with one "getting over oneself"

It is about using a bit of brainpower. It is the correct analysis of where society is heading.

As for your comment on women, is that how Generation Identity see women - as "bitches", and as a gender that is weak and pathetic?

Funny then how you claim to want to fight against Mohammadanism yet are no different to them in your regard for and how you see women. You've cancelled your claim to be fighting FOR anything Irish or defending anything Irish. (should've not bothered defending you also when others in here were attacking you, you ungrateful worm)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    GodsDog likes this.
  14. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Legend Political Irish Donator

What's wrong Dolittle? Sting your tongue eating your nettles this evening? :tongueout:

Irish Warrior likes this.
  15. Irish Warrior

We should make every post about communism, they'd never go off topic and people could squabble like they do anyway.