1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

So you think Ireland has it bad...

Discussion in 'USA Politics' started by Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

He wishes for a society that has never worked in history. When it fails they will kill millions rather than admit that it is unworkable.
    This communistic system was even attempted in Plymouth but they almost starved to death before they ditched it.

But this stupidness never dies, when millions die it is always someone else's false.

Olli Rehn likes this.
  2. Youngdan

No these lads are savages from the Caribbean.

3. OP
    Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh Member Donator Battle Royale

I think MA went downhill after Lexington and Concord and especially after shanty Irishmen like the Kennedys and Fitzgeralds cucked out the Democrat Party and the state. I do like Dedham's demographics though.

Where I live is idyllic: I live in a forest, I can clean my guns on my porch without anyone calling the cops, crime is low to non-existent and my neighbors are salt-of-the-earth types. If my town goes to hell in a hand basket, I'm buying myself a tin shed and lighting out to MT or WY.

4. Youngdan

You are dead right, I blame it on Hancock when he sent the militia to crush Shay.

I do meet conservative people from california, maybe they can form an enclave.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh likes this.
  5. OP
    Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

The Republican Party doomed the state by not defending Proposition 187, which would have denied benefits and services to illegal aliens. I blame them more than anyone for the state's having morphed into Mexifornia. But you talk to the average Republican and he'll tell you, "All we need to do is more minority outreach!"

The state is truly doomed to perdition, but I'm gonna try to tough it out before I get out of Dodge.

6. Youngdan

All we can hope for is if some States actually go bankrupt before the Federal Government. Otherwise the halfwits will think it is Trumps fault. Ideally Illinois or New York.
    Cities like Baltimore going bankrupt will be a nice sideshow as well. Closer to me, there is talk of Hartford Conn, declaring bankruptcy.

Threat Of Bankruptcy Causes Jitters For Hartford Buyers, Sellers

People are no longer so eager to buy houses there, some deflation please.

The entire state of Connecticut is screwed, it is actually losing population for the last 3 years

What on Earth Is Wrong With Connecticut?

7. Olli Rehn

Olli Rehn Legend On santa's Naughty List Battle Royale

Are they from Dominica or the Dominican Republic ?

8. Youngdan

Excellent question Olli. I have no reason to believe that people from the smallisland of Dominica are not the best in the world.
    The cutthroats are from the big dump across from Haiti. I admire the people from Haiti also, I have never heard of them having a big criminal element. Perhaps it is the French influence on both rather than the Spanish.

9. OP
    Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

I have to disagree with you there, YoungDan. They are a royal pain in the ass in South Florida (and elsewhere) and have been for decades. It also doesn't help that the island was raped first by the Duvalier kleptocracy and then by the Clinton Foundation.

10. Youngdan

Well you could be right, the only ones I have met have worked in hospitals and cleaning hotels, but they are not dealing drugs here like the dominicans.

11. OP
    Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Even the Dominicans look down on them, and that take huge balls.

12. Youngdan

Well they don't bother me anyway here in Massachusetts, I never hear any reports of them. I never heard a Haitian being arrested for drugs for example. Granted I don't watch TV but I am not aware of any.

13. OP
    Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Maybe Trump and Sessions can clean up these god-forsaken places, God willing. Opioids = White death

14. Youngdan

It is easy enough to clean up, stop proscribing pain killers that are getting them hooked. Not many people nowadays wish to become dead heroin junkies.
    Then legalize all drugs.
    Problem solved wrt drugs.

Antóin Mac Comháin likes this.
  15. OP
    Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

16. Antóin Mac Comháin

Antóin Mac Comháin Respected Member

'By contrast, the state said that heroin-related deaths were leveling off, and deaths from prescription painkillers fell for fifth straight year.

Other states, including hard-hit Massachusetts, report that opioid-related overdose deaths are declining, even as fatal fentanyl overdoses (termed T40.4 by CDC nosologists) continue to increase.

In May, Massachusetts reported that fentanyl had overtaken heroin as the cause of most overdose deaths. In the last three months of 2016, heroin was present in only a third of deaths that had a toxicology screen. A year earlier, heroin was the leading cause of overdose death. Of 1,899 recorded opioid related deaths last year, 69% tested positive for fentanyl.' - US overdose deaths from fentanyl and synthetic opioids doubled in ...

The problem has already shifted from heroin and prescription pain killers, and by the time the Yanks take the Chinese to task for producing the fetanyl which is causing the bulk of the deaths, it will have shifted again.. If the Yanks start throwing stones at the Chinese wrt to the fetanyl, the Chinese are going to start throwing stones at the Yanks.

The odds of anyone in Ireland having the Kahoona's to take Big Pharma to task are slim and none, because more than 50% of our exports come from Big Pharma. 9 out of 10 of the leading Big Pharma companies are located in Ireland..

17. Antóin Mac Comháin

The Dominicans don't have the ingredients to manufacture Fentanyl..

18. Antóin Mac Comháin

Have you ever met a heroin addict who stopped using as a result of narcan? In theory, that could work if they were transported to a detox unit. In reality, 90 minutes is the length of time that narcan blocks the effects of heroin.

If it was one shot of narcan per user, that means the people experimenting with heroin for a short period, as opposed to long term addicts, would be the ones who are left to die.

I think William Burroughs first used the term Junk. Junk came to define heroin users, but in actual fact, everyone who takes drugs is a Junkie, including the people who 'only snorted coke', which is a worse drug than heroin, and I would hazard a guess, is more responsible for the upsurge in violent criminality. Misinformation like that will kill you quicker than a bullet.

And then of course there's Alcohol and Tetrahydrolsoquinoline.

The History of Methadone - Most people now believe that the cure for heroin addiction, was worse than the disease. The 1st people to use Methadone, were the German Luftwaffe.

Another fact - Inner-city Dublin in the 1980's produced twice as many heroin addicts as the Bronx did in the wake of the Vietnam war.

Addiction doesn't discriminate between classes and race, but it probably won't become a crisis until a bad batch reaches the upper classes.

19. Youngdan

Narcan is not intended to cure addiction. It is almost like a miracle that can resurect a person who is basically dead from an OD. Most every town now is having all their cops carry a dose on them as part of their everyday kit. One shot used to be enough but now it sometimes might take 3 shots to resurrect Lazerus . The cost I believe is $20 so this cost is adding up and money is getting scarce.

I don't think that you can compare The Bronx with Boston or smaller towns here today at all. The Bronx junkies were low socio economic people, whereas the guys dying today are people that a year ago was a middle class person who sprained his ankle or whatever and made the mistake of going to a doctor that gave him a few days of oxy to ease the pain. Two months later, he is as dead as a dodo.

20. Youngdan

Correct. It is coming from China.

The question is, why is it used to cut heroin.

Why kill your customer?

And of course there is just one answer to that simple question.