1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

Stephen Fry under Gardai Investigation for blasphemy

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Muckit, May 7, 2017.

1. Muckit

Muckit New Political Irish

Stephen Fry under police investigation for blasphemy after branding God an 'utter maniac'

Madness, is this the best way for the Gardai to spend their time? Bankers, corruption, falsifying records, and the only thing they have tome to waste on is investigating British TV celebrities who recorded a TV programme in 2015!

I wonder if God himself made the complaint for defamation!

This blasphemy law needs to vbe scrapped and scrapped pronto, and I consider myself a catholic.

Listowel Man and maxflinn like this.
  2. anderson

anderson Respected Member Political Irish

Is it April the bloody 1st or what?

3. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Political Irish

I doubt the Gards will spend more than 5 minutes on it. This is probably some stunt by Fry's new atheist fellow travellers to highlight the blasphemy law.

Kershaw likes this.
  4. El Chaval.

El Chaval. Member Political Irish

The complaint was made in 2015 and it's only reported now?

Listowel Man likes this.
  5. anderson

anderson Respected Member Political Irish

Id say Fry would love his day in court!

Listowel Man and Kershaw like this.
  6. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Legend Political Irish Donator

Why did that c*nt Ahern bring in such a law just a few years ago?

7. El Chaval.

Fuck him.
    Do you think he would come to the aid of some working class lad charged with insulting Islam?
    When some English lads were jailed for a year for leaving bacon outside a Mosque, did the BBC, Guardian or Fry himself highlight the case? Did they Hell.
    When Tommy Robinson was charged for holding a banner saying "Fuck ISIS" (ponder on that), did the liberals speak out?

Dermot Ahern brought in this law to protect Muslims and Jews. Nobody else. The irony that an uber-libtard attacking Christianity is prosecuted is delicious.

8. Myles O'Reilly

The point is this will be in English news and makes us look like backward simpletons.

Listowel Man likes this.
  9. El Chaval.

Really?
    The same English justice system that charged Tommy Robinson for saying "Fuck ISIS"?

10. Myles O'Reilly

Yes. So we should be glad we're as fukking retarded?

11. El Chaval.

Why should we be concerned?
    This is a libtard falling on the sword of libtardism

12. Myles O'Reilly

I think you're missing the point dude. Forget about Fry. This law is an embarrassment, pure and simple. And it makes this Country look like the theocratic sh1t house it once was. There's nowt good about this my friend.

13. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish

He is an awful pretentious git and if what I have heard is true a fan of William Frazer.

The Potato Mystic likes this.
  14. Myles O'Reilly

I doubt he's down with Wullie although he does share facebook tweets with Mattress Mick.

It does not matter what he is, Ms Catherine. It seems a lot of folk are missing the point.

15. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish

The whole thing is weird - no Christian leader in the ROI supported this law, not even out there Prods or Catholic Sedes on the grounds that they might be done by it for slagging off or even critiquing other Religions. The only people who supported the law were Muslim ones. From what I have been told the idea for it by the government sort of came out of no where and there is a conspiracy that it was part of a Trade Deal with a Muslim country. Yes I know a lot of Irish people are going to be annoyed at this development because they will see it as a the country being made to look like back woods folk in front of the Brits; but I wonder is this some people in the State now trying to get rid of the law?

16. Myles O'Reilly

Yes Miss. I did an 'article' on him over on the other place once with all the links. I'll try google them back up.

SwordOfStCatherine likes this.
  17. amsterdemmetje

amsterdemmetje Member Political Irish

Someone described Mr Fry as fat, florid, mentally unstable, attention seeking, self-pitying, toilet loitering pervert.
    It shames me to be Irish if that's the way they describe Mr Fry, a happily married man.
    I repsect that hanging around public toilets is part of gay culture and we need to accept it, many the time in clubs around the place I have had homophobic misyogistic culturally retarded individuals complaining to me that 'men are shagging' in the jacksbecuade they can't accept that this is what the gays do.

I also heard the kindly well educated gentleman that report this heinous crime a "scumbag" and "a malicious little shít stirrer".

18. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Political Irish

Fry is a self important liberal clown who is never away from blubbering over some violation of globalist mores himself.

The blasphemy law is in the constitution. You need a referendum to repeal it. Given the hassle in scrapping it, Dermot Ahern seems to have flipped it into a kind of anti-sectarian law as a parrallel to anti-racist legislation. Now New Left culture warrior types are including it in their attempt to destroy all tangible manifestations of Christianity in this country. That is so irrespective of how appropriate the blasphemy law happens to be.

19. Plasticpaddy

Plasticpaddy Member Political Irish

Hard to believe we're living in the 21st century with this sort of nonsense going on.

20. Finished Symphony

Finished Symphony Member Political Irish

Silly season has arrived early this year. Wonder what Mr Fry's reaction to all of this silly stuff is. I imagine any one of his upcoming, exquisite dinner parties will be absolutely delightful.