1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

The Apology Thread.

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Youngdan, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

On fora such as this, it is very rare that anyone will admit to be wrong and even more rare to apologize for offences.
    Recently some posters understand-idly could not restrain themselves in celebrating a very joyous event to the discomfort of some other posters. Shortly thereafter another joyous event happened elsewhere, which of course led to more celebration.
    Without getting into the details of these two events, there resulted in about a week of constant acrimony before the truth prevailed and an Armistice was agreed under satisfactory conditions to the main antagonists.
    However amidst the fray and the mirth there were others that suffered insult and assault. Collateral damage if you will.
    It is time to publicly apologize and lament any pain whatsoever that might be caused, as even though oneself is not bothered by insult, that does not mean others are likewise unaffected.
    First off, the respected poster PotatoMystic was baited unnecessarily as a result of an earlier tussle on a different thread. Of course once he responded then it was off to the races.
    Then MaxFlynn posted some material that he thought at the time was pertinent and questioned it's validity. Now everything must be questioned nowadays, we all agree on that. So he got ill treated really so perhaps he is the biggest victim so to him especially I apologize. It was his honesty that served as an epiphany to me.
    The posters Sword and Anderson also got the raw end of the stick so I apologize to them also. Maybe others as well.

Anyway, I overstepped it with these posters whose opinions I respect and I wanted to acknowledge that.

The thread does not really need comments. It is a notice to these posters.

2. anderson

anderson Respected Member Battle Royale Political Irish

Hey Dan, no need to apologise, I understand its a forum and we all share similar opinions but we also have different ones. If we all agreed on everything it would be a boring world!

You are a quality poster and regardless if we disagree or not I have no problem with you nor anyone else.

Dublin 4 and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  3. OP
    Youngdan

Thanks Anderson, there are posters like me that just like a good argument at times, and all too frequently it can be overdone.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  4. The Boss

The Boss Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Thanks for the apology, should have come sooner but better late than never.

5. OP
    Youngdan

No problems Boss. Let me apologize for Taidge as well, who does not give you the respect you are entitled to, being The Boss.

Tadhg Gaelach and The Boss like this.
  6. The Boss

The Boss Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

That's better. Top man.

Youngdan likes this.
  7. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish Political Irish

It wasn't too fuckin pleasin on the eye... :mad:

Thank God sanity prevailed- I knew it would.

Kershaw stayed well clear as usual- a shining example to all of us as to how to do the business without fuckin about.

I run Psy-Op Posts/Threads so that's my excuse for bitchin...

Tadhg Gaelach and Youngdan like this.
  8. TheKing

TheKing Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

Any chance of this is English/Irish?

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  9. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Toby Carlton-Hogge Member Political Irish

Or in a normal font that everyone can be not be annoyed by.

TheKing likes this.
  10. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Well, on reflection I did stray from my usual formula of light hazing to areas untoward. For that I'm indeed contrite. For the rest, I consider the matter of our recent acrimonious exchanges to be closed.

Youngdan likes this.
  11. Liberal D4'er

Liberal D4'er Member Political Irish

More unintelligible guff from you

12. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

I don't remember you saying anything that upset me but still thank you.

13. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish Political Irish

Oh I know you & your Ilk are drowning under the Ops untermensch- thanks for making it public. Wink Smile 2