1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

The Big Freeze in the USA, is this normal?

Discussion in 'Rest of the World' started by Flamer, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Flamer

Flamer Member Political Irish

Watching the scenes over on the East coast of America and it's shocking how bad the snow is over there at the minute.

I see Boston has it really bad and I hope Youngdan could give us more of an update as I believe he is from that part of the world.

Is this the result of global warming/cooling, or is the planet going through a natural cycle and weather like this is to be expected?

Are there any chances that this severe cold front will move across the Atlantic to Ireland?

What is Trump doing about this?

2. Youngdan

Youngdan Moderator Staff Member Moderator Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I expect Trump to get numerous Nobel Prizes.

He is in power less than a year and he has already fixed Global Warming.

Flamer likes this.
  3. OP
    Flamer

Flamer Member Political Irish

Is it as bad over there as the media are making out?

4. TheWexfordInn

TheWexfordInn Respected Member Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

5. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Toby Carlton-Hogge Member Political Irish

Route 1 would still be passable, no doubt YD will inform us.

Remember skiddin down there in a Vw beetle back in the day.

6. Youngdan

Well, yes and no.

First off we got about 18 inches of snow here in Dedham on Thursday. That is just enough to begin taxing the plowing ability of towns but by the evening every street was passable in a 4 wheel, most with a front drive but forget about a rear driven car. Nearly everyone has a snowblower so at about 1pm I went out and cleared my driveway. The snow was coming down good but the wind was not too strong so about 12 inches had fallen by now.
    Then I got into my suburban which can be switched to 4 wheel, and that enabled me to get to my motherinlaws house. I had to use a shovel there, a nice plastic light shovel. This is extremely dangerous work. The temptation is to get stuck in and get it done before you freeze and every year a couple of guys keel over with heart attacks. You gotta dress so that you are not cold. You gotta rest and take a breather after every 2 or 3 minutes at an absolute minimum. I did the back porch, the front steps, the sidewalk a yard wide to the adjoining house, and the driveway. She is in a modest little house called A Cape but I still took from 3.30 until about 6.30. Then I came home and finished off my own.

What caused big problems in some coastal areas was the highest tides ever recorded in Boston and that caused some street to completely flood because the storm drains would be blocked with snow. These are the pictures that are shown to paint a disastrous picture but the street behind it might be fine because it is the blowing swell from the sea.

Now we are being him by extreme old with tonight being the worst and it will to -8 degrees F or about -18C. That certainly is cold for here but nothing compared to North Dakota for example.

By Monday it will be back to normal.

It is just a prolonged cold snap. I think I saw where is set a record for being 10 days straight below freezing.

Very few people here believe in globalwarming except in the real liberal enclaves, for regular people, the idea is nuts and anyone that believes it is a fruitcake.

The fact is that solar activity has fallen alarmingly and we are entering a mini iceage that will cause a severe food shortage going forward.

I am going to stick my snout outside shortly and update later.

Superhans likes this.
  7. Youngdan

In a bug, you would be skidding even in summer. I live about 500 yards from Rt 1

When I was a young man I would tell girls I drove a vette, but it was a chevette, not a corvette, but by the time the found out , the damage was done.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  8. Youngdan

Plus MrT.
    When the danster is in his suburban, any road is passible, especially when the motherinlaw is in the back seat carrying serious heat just in case.

Shoot first and ask questions later, Ma.

Myles O'Reilly likes this.
  9. Toby Carlton-Hogge

Toby Carlton-Hogge Member Political Irish

Fcuker just rode over the snedge Daniel, anyway I was out of there to JFK and Sju the next day.

Much to my surprise.

10. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member

'What is Trump doing about this?'

having a cheeseburger and pulling his wire as the wife wont sleep with him no more.

11. Youngdan

Too bad you did not live in this area for an extended length, it was a sociologists dream back in the more hair raising days

12. Youngdan

What the fuck are you on about, how much more does a 70 year old married man need.

13. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member

more than im getting i hope.

14. Youngdan

It is overrated, 3 or 4 times a week is enough. A wife needs time for housecleaning etc

15. FUN da MENTALIST

FUN da MENTALIST Member

u old romantic!

16. Youngdan

I am a traditionalist. It is important to a lady to have pride in her home and here husband. Ample time must be given to her to ensure both are well maintained. But make sure she has time for work and Church as well. Basically just keep her active.

Big on Class
    Small on Ass

That is what I advise my son.

17. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

I don't listen to Scientists and all the arguments for and against, its too boring. But I can see, taste and feel that shit ain't right with the weather. There's definitely summat going on dude.

18. Youngdan

Yes, I told you what going on, the amount of energy coming from the Sun is at a historically low level.

19. Myles O'Reilly

Myles O'Reilly Legend Donator Battle Royale Political Irish

And what's Trump doing about it?

20. Youngdan

I told you, he fixed global warming, nobody here is worried about it.

He is the best thing since burned toast.