1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

The Look of the Irish - Redifining the Irish person | Saffa Musleh | TEDxWexford

Discussion in 'Immigration & Refugees' started by BrianBoru, May 13, 2017.

1. BrianBoru

BrianBoru Member Political Irish

An enricher talking about "reshaping Irish identity" and the "new Irish. " This is population replacement. Pure and simple.

2. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

This lady was born and reared in Dubai. But, because her blood is not of that land, they refused to ever give her citizenship. Then she came to Ireland, and of course getting a passport is no problem here. Well and good, but now she is giving lectures on how we Irish have an outdated idea of what being Irish means and how we must redefine ourselves. Well, we Irish have made ourselves into a doormat - can we be surprised if people walk on us....

3. Dublin 4

Dublin 4 Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

There is no Consent for a Blendocaust in Ireland.

Demographic Rape was voted down in Britain last June.

We need another Citizenship Referendum & Mass Deportations swiftly afterwards.

4. El Chaval.

El Chaval. Member Political Irish

Can you imagine a monocled wearing, Englishman coming to Africa in the 19th century and telling the natives that he was an African now, and there is no such thing as African identity.

5. Tadhg Gaelach

It seems that immigrants are using the word "Irish" the way they are using the word "British." You don't see any immigrants calling themselves Gael or English.

Celtic Savage, BrianBoru and Dublin 4 like this.
  6. Kershaw

Kershaw Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

I wince every time she says "our identity and our culture" when referring to Irish identity.

7. Dublin 4

She'll probably be standing for Sinn Fein in the next Election.

8. Tadhg Gaelach

They would be over the moon to have her.

Dublin 4 likes this.
  9. Tadhg Gaelach

How right the Dubai crowd were not to let her get a shoe in the door. The Arabs know how to deal with their own kind.

Kershaw likes this.
  10. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

I have come to believe that the major problem in the ROI is Southern Irish self-hatred- most of the more evident problems flow from this as far as I can tell.

Consider the fact that Gaelic women are famed through out the world for their beauty but we have had a Fine Gael politician say that mass immigration is good because it has given the Island good looking girls for a change. Consider the fact that when blacks and Pakistanis first moved to England they were discriminated against in favour of the indigenous and yet now in the ROI it is the Irish working class who are being discriminated against in favour of foreigners. Logically this should be an issue for Sinn Fein but it isn't- the only person who talks about it is Desmond Fennell and he has become persona non grata in the "Public Square".

11. Macushla

Macushla Member Political Irish

SF were over the moon to have Kevin Sharkey join them. He was being groomed for a political run.

Dublin 4 and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  12. Tadhg Gaelach

I think the problem with Sinn Féin is that its a deeply partitionist party. It's Northern leadership only sees the South as a tool, an instrument, for use in the main business - which is always the six counties. The South can basically go to hell in a handbasket - as long as it is serving its purpose in relation to the "main business."

13. Tadhg Gaelach

Yes, but he was smart enough to know he was being groomed as one of their token blacks to be paraded before the world.

14. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

That thought has crossed my mind to be honest but I'm convinced of it at the moment.

Something that is for definite though is that they reduce Irish Nationalism to being against the border while almost totally ignoring cultural and economic Patriotism no mind the decreasing lack of political independence of the Republic of Ireland.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  15. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

Sharkey was supposed to be a social liberal standing on an anti-immigration platform. Has that changed?!

16. The Potato Mystic

The Potato Mystic Legend Battle Royale Political Irish

17. Dublin 4

18. Kershaw

Kershaw Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

It was in the plantation of Ireland thread.
    More stories probably need their own threads for visibility.

[​IMG]

19. Antóin Mac Comháin

Antóin Mac Comháin Respected Member

Saffa Musleh reduces Republicanism and Unionism to a question of Identity, and Sharkey frames the National Question as a cultural issue.

BrianBoru, Kershaw and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  20. Dublin 4

Agreed.

I've a lot of overdue Threads - especially the 1 on the Dutch Elections which I'll merge with the French Elections.

We all like starting Threads but the Vincent Browne/Pat Kenny Threads take away a lot of hunger- that's 5 Threads a week & I have to return to the #vinb Threads to update the Topics.

I love doing the #vinb Threads whilst I'm on Holidays, especially when I'm plastered.

It's great craic being blootered in a Pub in London, seeing you guys post away as if it's just another #vinb Thread & I'm in Ireland, I remember the time I was so drunk that I got a Taxi from 1 end of London to the other not knowing were I was- not long after doing the #vinb Thread, the journey just went on & on, all these different colored Streetlights, Flyovers & Subways.

It reminded me of the Video for the late Robert Miles Children or Chicane Offshore or something...

Kershaw and Tadhg Gaelach like this.