1. To post you need to register an account and await approval. Click Here to sign up!

The optimistic signs coming from Gaza

Discussion in 'Foreign Affairs' started by Setantawatchl, Oct 12, 2017.

1. kalipa44

kalipa44 Member Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Even this creep thinks it was wrong to keep Hamas out of talks at the behest of Israel.

Tony Blair says he regrets siding with Israel and George W Bush over Hamas boycott in 2006

Former PM says the international community should have tried to 'pull Hamas into a dialogue and shifted their positions'
    For the first time, Tony Blair has said he and other world leaders were wrong to give in to Israeli pressure to boycott Hamas after it won the Palestinian elections in 2006.
    Mr Blair, who was Prime Minister at the time, supported President George W Bush’s push to halt aid to and cut ties with the newly elected Hamas-led authority in Gaza unless it agreed to recognise Israel and renounce violence.
    A year after Hamas rejected the terms. The boycott and Israel’s economic blockade of Gaza came into force, and remains in effect today........

Tony Blair 'regrets siding with Israel over Hamas'

maxflinn and Tadhg Gaelach like this.
  2. Anglophile

Anglophile Member Political Irish

3. Anglophile

4. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

Did you never hear of negotiation
    Do you remember the peace process here
    Always negative

5. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

No it's not obvious, quite the reverse, this is the start of something good
    Sorry to disappoint you

6. Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach Legend Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

Oh, you're back to thinking this is a good thing? Being a Hasbara troll is not easy - all that flip flopping - even within your own thread.

maxflinn likes this.
  7. kalipa44

kalipa44 Member Political Irish Donator Battle Royale

They change like the wind and make themselves look like liars and fools in the process.

Tadhg Gaelach and maxflinn like this.
  8. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

I don't think he is hasbara but I don't believe he is Irish for one second.

I made another post about the things I love about Middle Eastern culture however one thing that I find infuriating about it is it's attitude to lying. One of the best things about Northern European culture is our commitment to telling the truth always (of course we also have our draw backs). In Middle Eastern culture while out right fraud is considered transgressive outside of family and friends (friends are a different thing to them than close acquaintances) you in their minds don't necessarily owe anyone the truth. The Ashkenazi in my experience and that of others I have talked to while being far more European than they are Middle Eastern in general share this Middle Eastern trait. I never for one moment believed that roc_ wasn't Jewish. That said Nordies do believe it is okay to lie about your political views to "themuns" when you are in "mixed company", but only about. My Iraqi friend found it both hilarious and disturbing when I got really guilty about having lied to people (other students) in University about something it would have been very stupid not to lie about it, to her it was borderline insanity.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  9. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

Are you talking about BdS devotees
    If so then I agree.

10. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

But his opinion is suddenly valid and important to you now, there's a surprise

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  11. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

Not another one..."my Iraqui friend"
    Do you have a gay friend? A straight, a Jew, a republican, Orange...friend?
    I mean it makes people so much more believable if you have friends who are different.

Actually I'm very impressed altogether!

12. SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine Legend Political Irish Battle Royale

I have discussed my Iraqi friend before both on here and on P.ie- outside of my husband and she and my best friend growing up (besides the kids) are the people closest to me and without them I would be nothing, I know one Lesbian who I'm sort of friends with, all the gay men I have come across off-line though have been the last type of people I would want around me, I don't know anyone on a personal level from the Republican Community in Northern Ireland. I do know Southern Shinners and Neil Blaney Paleo-Fianna Fail types- I don't know any Anti-GFA Republicans personally. My dad is an Orange man yes I have known plenty of Orange men but I wouldn't count any of them as friends. The Southern Irish friends I made have been all Shinner or Neil Blaney Fianna Fail types, I do know FGers but we don't connect. When you go to University you get to meet lots of different people, some you connect with and a lot you don't.

Tadhg Gaelach likes this.
  13. OP
    Setantawatchl

Setantawatchl Member

This un dosen't do irony
    So you don't like gay men poor you

14. Anglophile